This draft proves it Snead must go!

Draft Discussion Forum - Draft Needs, Prospects, Mock Drafts, etc

Moderator: Uplandram2

malibu
Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:30 am

I gave him the benefit of the doubt because Fisher was co GM, but now that Fisher is gone his draft stands alone.

To me this is a d- draft except for Kupp only because he was so productive.

Moving down to only lose the opportunity to draft a sure fire OLman in Lamp vs the 4th TE that no one talked about and probably could have been taken in the third. Or Jones the best CB in the draft considered better than Lattimore if medical checks out it is great insurance against Trumaine Johnson.

TE we got was a reach. I don't care what McVay says he was NOT productive in college a super bad football college compared to any Div 1s. He did not dominate like a small college kid should since the level of competition he is playing against is terrible. He had a 90 catches in 2 years that is nothing special at all and worst of all the DBs/S/OLB he faced will not even get a tryout at the NFL level so he should tear them o=up and he didn't. Where is the smart GMing there? Serious Snead is a NO TALENT.

We should have taken either one of the BPA and btw we needed either.

Drafting 3 WRs in downright stupid considering not all are even going to make the team or they will DISPLACE what we spent draft capital last year on so how smart is that? I would never let a 31 year old HC help make the decisions. They fall in love with a player and get lost in the big picture. We all know the Offense sucks my way of fixing it is strengthen the OLine (Lamp), and others were avail Feeney, Pocic, etc. Don't force the TE if Engram is gone go elsewhere. The goal is to have solid starters not hopefuls.

Snead is just not good at his job - Robinson, Quick, Pead etc as the best examples. His talent evaluation skills are weak IMO and must go.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:36 pm

If the 3 guys drafted this weekend displace, or are better than last year's class doesn't that improve the team? Isn't that the concept of the draft? Improving the team?

Ram Fan in U. City
Starter

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Snead is what he has always been- a retriever. He gets players the coaches want. Last year somebody decided Mannion wasn't viable so Snead moved up to get Goff and paid a kings ransom to do so. By being a retriever Snead isn't accountable. It wasn't his idea to ditch Mannion for Goff. It wasn't his idea to pass on all the stud d-linemen that came out last year. The coaches wanted receivers so Snead got Higbee and Cooper with the bullets he had left in his gun after trading up for Goff.

Coaches come, coaches go, but Snead stays employed. The Rams have been lurching from coach to coach, from system to system, for 20 years. The McVay/Phillips regime is now on the clock. We won't know for a couple of years if this regime is better than the the last five. Hope springs eternal.

Ants
Veteran

Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Ramsfan08ny wrote:If the 3 guys drafted this weekend displace, or are better than last year's class doesn't that improve the team? Isn't that the concept of the draft? Improving the team?
He doesn't care. He likes to whine.
If he would bother to take the time to look at EVERY TEAM's poor draft choices, he might change his mind. :oops:

:idea: Let's win some games.

DanPop
Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:21 pm

You're nuts, McVey is guiding the ship and I love every pick so far.

DanPop
Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:21 pm

You're nuts, McVey is guiding the ship and I love every pick so far.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:10 pm

The whole organization is a joke. I've spent most of my life rooting for a bunch of losers. Sad but true....

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Okie dokie

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Commish
Veteran

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:26 pm

DanPop wrote:You're nuts, McVey is guiding the ship and I love every pick so far.
Well, I wouldn't go quite that far, yet it's clear to me that the McVay/Phillips regime has a basic plan and is sticking to it, acquiring the kind of players it desires for our team--not just in terms of physical ability, but also in being focused, hard-working and team-oriented.

The next couple of seasons will determine whether or not it's going to work out... :) :R :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Commish
Veteran

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Ramsfan08ny wrote:If the 3 guys drafted this weekend displace, or are better than last year's class doesn't that improve the team? Isn't that the concept of the draft? Improving the team?
My guess is that Gerald Everett, Cooper Kupp and free-agent Robert Woods will likely move past second-year receivers Tyler Higbee, Pharoh Cooper and Michael Thomas pretty handily, although I'm expecting Everett and Higbee to be on the field together quite a bit.

However, I'd venture that they'll actually be displacing Lance Kendricks, Kenny Britt and Brian Quick, which will be a loss of NFL experience but a gain in enthusiasm, focus and team-oriented attitude. Hopefully Tavon Austin won't be employed as a full-time starter at WR but rather as a 'gadget' player, in particular situations designed to exploit his speed and elusiveness.

Three classic Rams' Pro Bowl last names are featured in this draft class, perhaps that's a good omen... :D :R 8-)

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

Cornell29
Starter

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:05 pm

These picks have Mcvay and Wade all over them. Les is doing his job, he is getting Mcvay and Wade the guys they want/need to succeed

malibu
Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:38 pm

NO!!! Seriously are you asking that question? The question is are these guys going to be able to compete against the rest of the NFL and WIN. All I care about is getting into the playoffs NOT saying we had a good draft because the guy we drafted is better than the current player on the roster who was most likely one of the worst players at that position in the NFL. Sure it may improve the team slightly but we need big leaps. Taking 3 wr (one a text) is ridiculous considering we took 3 the year before possibly one of those high picks may not make the team.

I guarantee Sidney Jones and Forrest Lamp start and will be dominating at their respective positions by year 2.

Kupp was the only good pick and that is bc he was so massively productive and very productive when playing good schools as well. BUT how many y slot guys do we need we have 3 or 4 which is stupid plain stupid!!!

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Saw what McVay said... as I surmised... after working with the Rams current OL for the last few weeks... they decided they could hold off on OL and that there is talent to work with.

We can disagree... but what people can't disagree with is that there was a draft plan and they executed it.

I expect Tru to get a long term deal now.
They must believe in Kayvon at the other corner.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

SK Ram
Starter

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:56 pm

malibu wrote:I gave him the benefit of the doubt because Fisher was co GM, but now that Fisher is gone his draft stands alone.

Moving down to only lose the opportunity to draft a sure fire OLman in Lamp vs the 4th TE that no one talked about and probably could have been taken in the third. Or Jones the best CB in the draft considered better than Lattimore if medical checks out it is great insurance against Trumaine Johnson.

TE we got was a reach. I don't care what McVay says he was NOT productive in college a super bad football college compared to any Div 1s. He did not dominate like a small college kid should since the level of competition he is playing against is terrible. He had a 90 catches in 2 years that is nothing special at all and worst of all the DBs/S/OLB he faced will not even get a tryout at the NFL level so he should tear them o=up and he didn't. Where is the smart GMing there? Serious Snead is a NO TALENT.

Drafting 3 WRs in downright stupid considering not all are even going to make the team or they will DISPLACE what we spent draft capital last year on so how smart is that? I would never let a 31 year old HC help make the decisions. They fall in love with a player and get lost in the big picture. We all know the Offense sucks my way of fixing it is strengthen the OLine (Lamp), and others were avail Feeney, Pocic, etc. Don't force the TE if Engram is gone go elsewhere. The goal is to have solid starters not hopefuls.

Snead is just not good at his job - Robinson, Quick, Pead etc as the best examples. His talent evaluation skills are weak IMO and must go.
You must go.

Commish
Veteran

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:36 am

malibu wrote:
NO!!! Seriously are you asking that question? The question is are these guys going to be able to compete against the rest of the NFL and WIN. All I care about is getting into the playoffs NOT saying we had a good draft because the guy we drafted is better than the current player on the roster who was most likely one of the worst players at that position in the NFL. Sure it may improve the team slightly but we need big leaps. Taking 3 wr (one a text) is ridiculous considering we took 3 the year before possibly one of those high picks may not make the team.

I guarantee Sidney Jones and Forrest Lamp start and will be dominating at their respective positions by year 2.

Kupp was the only good pick and that is bc he was so massively productive and very productive when playing good schools as well. BUT how many y slot guys do we need we have 3 or 4 which is stupid plain stupid!!!
It's "stupid plain stupid!!!" to believe that a 'gadget' player (Tavon Austin) + an undrafted free agent who was injured his whole rookie season (Nelson Spruce) + a fourth-round pick who barely played last year (Pharoh Cooper) = NFL starting-caliber slot receiver

Also, it's especially "stupid plain stupid!!!" to believe that your "guarantee" proves anything at all about any drafted player's pro football career, so not a single down played yet and already they're "dominating at their respective positions" in your imagination, hmmmm?

If you need "big leaps," stick to playing 'Madden,' the real NFL rarely works that way.

So now Cooper (fourth-round selection), Michael Thomas (sixth-round selection) and Spruce (undrafted free agent) are "high draft picks," ones who shouldn't ever be replaced by better players on offense, are they...?? :shock: :roll: :P

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Sat May 13, 2017 7:11 am

malibu wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:30 am
I gave him the benefit of the doubt because Fisher was co GM, but now that Fisher is gone his draft stands alone.

For the most part I agree with you. Lamp and Feeney would have been grw as t picks. Either or both. But I do like Cupp.