"Official" Forum Draft Contest!

Draft Discussion Forum - Draft Needs, Prospects, Mock Drafts, etc

Moderator: Uplandram2

Ants
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:28 am

Just thought I'd throw out an opportunity for you draft gurus to show your stuff.
I want to keep it simple - all you have to do is list the 32 guys that will be drafted in the 1st round.
The order doesn't matter. Which team drafted which guy doesn't matter. All you have to do is list 32 players.

...now that I've got this thread started, I'll start compiling my own list. 8-)
Have fun!

:idea: Let's win some games.

Ants
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:45 am

QB - Watson
QB - Trubisky
RB - Fournette
RB - Cook
RB - McCaffrey
WR - M. Williams
WR - Davis
WR - Kupp
TE - Howard
TE - Njoku
TE - Engram
OL - Ramczyk
OL - Bolles
OL - Feeney
OL - Lamp

DL - J. Allen
DL - C. Harris
DL - Garrett
DL - T. Williams
DL - S. Thomas
DL - Barnett
DL - McKinnley
DL - Watt
LB - Foster
LB - Cunningham
CB - S. Jones
CB - Lattimore
CB - A. Jackson
S - Hooker
S - Adams
S - Peppers
S - Baker

OK - there's mine...for now.
Last edited by Ants on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

TBUX
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:49 am

too much work! lol

Ants
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:03 am

TBUX wrote:too much work! lol
Oh c'mon!!! Just copy and paste mine, and then make a few adjustments. EZPZ 8-)

TBUX
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:08 am

no its futile. first I'm no draft guru- and I am only concerned with who we may pick. Most on here merely regurgitate what others say about certain players- I seriously doubt anyone on here can really tell me about a OG from Western Kentucky- because how many WK games did anyone see- and of those, were they really watching the OG? of course not- mostly bs from guessers. the ONLY people I really listen to are people who watch one team extensively and can give good insight on said players. Used to be Mizzou people I would listen to- the rest are throwing darts based on mostly what they read from amateur draftniks. JMO

Ants
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:39 am

TBUX wrote:no its futile. first I'm no draft guru- and I am only concerned with who we may pick. Most on here merely regurgitate what others say about certain players- I seriously doubt anyone on here can really tell me about a OG from Western Kentucky- because how many WK games did anyone see- and of those, were they really watching the OG? of course not- mostly bs from guessers. the ONLY people I really listen to are people who watch one team extensively and can give good insight on said players. Used to be Mizzou people I would listen to- the rest are throwing darts based on mostly what they read from amateur draftniks. JMO
Nope. We have this new thing called the "internet".
go to www.draftbreakdown.com and watch these guys in action- then do your own analysis. 8-)

TBUX
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:44 am

EVen that is snippets and highlights- there is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more to drafting a player than that. Scouts have so much more info than any amateur draftnik on here or any other site. Not saying you cant learn a lot about a player if you really want to- I'm saying I doubt many on here have spent the hours and hours it takes to really learn about a player and how he will project to our system and/or the NFL. However some act like they know more than NFL Gms and scouts- which is laughable at best, since they have about 100X the info anyone on here does.

Ramit85
Starter

Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:48 am

Good luck with the contest. This is way harder than the NCAA bracket.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:05 am

TBUX wrote:EVen that is snippets and highlights- there is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more to drafting a player than that. Scouts have so much more info than any amateur draftnik on here or any other site. Not saying you cant learn a lot about a player if you really want to- I'm saying I doubt many on here have spent the hours and hours it takes to really learn about a player and how he will project to our system and/or the NFL. However some act like they know more than NFL Gms and scouts- which is laughable at best, since they have about 100X the info anyone on here does.
I'm surprised you haven't reached out to Coach Fisher and son. I'm sure they would be willing to help you put together a list that would rival Carmen Miranda's.

Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.

TBUX
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:07 am

Henry VIII wrote:
TBUX wrote:EVen that is snippets and highlights- there is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more to drafting a player than that. Scouts have so much more info than any amateur draftnik on here or any other site. Not saying you cant learn a lot about a player if you really want to- I'm saying I doubt many on here have spent the hours and hours it takes to really learn about a player and how he will project to our system and/or the NFL. However some act like they know more than NFL Gms and scouts- which is laughable at best, since they have about 100X the info anyone on here does.
I'm surprised you haven't reached out to Coach Fisher and son. I'm sure they would be willing to help you put together a list that would rival Carmen Miranda's.

get a little more original- such a weak post.

Ants
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:11 am

Ramit85 wrote:Good luck with the contest. This is way harder than the NCAA bracket.
No it's not - so far, all you have to do is get 1 more pick correct than me! 8-)

Henry VIII
Veteran

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:17 am

TBUX wrote:
Henry VIII wrote:

get a little more original- such a weak post.
Well I wasn't going to say rivals Bill Belichecks list that would have been a weak post. :lol:

Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.

lynyrdsghost
Starter

Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 pm

I'll play:

01 Myles Garret DE
02 Mitch Trubisky QB
03 Leonard Fournette RB
04 Johnathan Allen DE
05 O.J. Howard TE
06 Malik Hooker S
07 Solomon Thomas DE
08 Derrick Barnett DE
09 Charles Harris DE
10 Jamal Adams S
11 Marshon Lattimore CB
12 Christian McCaffrey RB
13 Gareon Conley CB
14 Dalvin Cook RB
15 Garrette Bolles OT
16 Mike Williams WR
17 Reuben Foster ILB
18 Kevin King CB
19 Obi Melifonwu S
20 Forrest Lamp OL
21 Taco Charlton DE
22 Haason Reddick LB
23 Cam Robinson OT
24 Jarrad Davis ILB
25 Pat Mahomes QB
26 Ryan Ramczyk OT
27 Zach Cunningham LB
28 Deshaun Watson QB
29 T.J. Watt OLB
30 Corey Davis WR
31 Takkarist McKinley OLB
32 John Ross WR

Will add that I hope Evan Engram makes it to the Rams at 37 but I think the Jags will grab him at 36. IMO, in the above scenario, the Rams would probably end up taking whichever CB is highest on their board, either Marlon Humphrey, Chidobe Iwuzie, Tredaviuos White or Adoree Jackson. JMO.

poplarbluffman
Veteran

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:33 am

never post1st rd mocks..takes too much time to look at all the teams needs and scheme fits teams never draftt bpa always go for needs

Ants
Veteran

Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:24 pm

poplarbluffman wrote:never post1st rd mocks..takes too much time to look at all the teams needs and scheme fits teams never draftt bpa always go for needs
If you would have read the OP, you would have noticed that there is no need to match a team with a player...or even consider team needs. And teams don't ALWAYS draft for need. Rams took A. Donald because he was the BPA...same with Gurley.
Frankly, I thought you might be all over this - just list your top 32 guys and be done with it.

Your 1st round might actually turn out (in 3 years) to be better than the actual draft. :!:

Ants
Veteran

Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:52 am

It's getting late! Give it a go if you dare! :D

UplandRam
Site Admin

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:13 am

Ants, so what does one win by trying the contest?

harkin
Veteran

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Is the main forum down ??

Ants
Veteran

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:07 pm

UplandRam wrote:Ants, so what does one win by trying the contest?

Bragging rights! :lol:
...and I didn't win! :oops: :D