Rams Draft Focus- Character was a priority.

Draft Discussion Forum - Draft Needs, Prospects, Mock Drafts, etc

Moderator: Uplandram2

Raminec
Veteran

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:38 pm

It's pretty hard to make much of a splash when you don't have a No 1 pick. The Rams clearly targeted a TE for round 2 which is understandable considering the new head coaches offense features multiple TE sets. I know it's frustrating to see the experts picks coming off the board when some of the Rams picks were not among the top rated. One thing I noticed was the WR's they picked know how to run routes and actually catch the ball. The most encouraging aspect of seemingly all of the Ram draftees was that they were high motor hard working players. Many were from smaller schools so the challenges of stepping up a couple of levels will be daunting but if you're trying to change the culture of the team you need some hardworking hungry players to come in and push the players you have to be their best and jell as a team. Jarred Goff's success will be determined by the Rams offensive line being able to run the ball successfully with Todd Gurley and Goff's ability to connect on medium throws to move the chains. I think Phillips has the horses on defense to build a successful defense provided the offense can improve to an average NFL offense. The NFL draft is a crapshoot. Good teams evolve from good coaching and players being taught and developed. I want to believe the Rams are on the verge of turning the corner and regaining respectability in 2017. Good Luck Sean McVay and staff!
Go Rams!