Mock 2.0 After the Trade
  • Wildflecken
    Bench Warmer

Mock 2.0 After the Trade

by Wildflecken » 23 Apr 2016, 06:52

Round 1 (1) - Jared Goff, QB California - Wentz is intriguing, but Goff's footwork and pocket awareness tilts scale here. Have other posts about Goff's abilities, won't rehash here. Will simply state Kurt Warner's endorsement is enough for me. (if you watch Goff's footwork and how he slides in pocket and then watch Warner's during his time in AZ you will find some similarities.)

Round 4 (110) Kevin Byard S, Middle TN State - Scheme fit prospect for what Rams seek at FS. High football IQ, reads qb's eyes well. Nineteen career interceptions.

Round 4 (113) Tyler Higbee TE, Western KY - Think Rams accept the risk associated with his selection. Snead attended pro day. His addition immediately makes Rams more physical operating in the middle of the field. Backup selection is Ben Braunecker TE, Harvard 6' 3" 250 lbs prospect. Lot to like about Braunecker's game if Rams decide Higbee's off field issues coupled with medical makes him too large a risk.

Round 6 (177) - Moritz Boehringer WR/TE, Germany Rams add an international Hard Knock story with this selection. Very raw prospect with huge upside. Impressive athleticism makes him too hard for Rams to pass on his selection. I see the Rams attempting to covert him to TE at the next level. Think the potential is there for him to add 25 to 30 lbs too his frame after one or two seasons working with an NFL training staff. Could become the most athletic pass catching TE in entire league?

Round 6 (190) Ricardo Louis WR, Auburn - projected as a "big slot" at the next level. Louis has the body of a rb and is an exceptional "catch and run" receiver. Rams have needed a more physical presence in the slot for quite some time. A huge need for any offense who faces NFC West defenses twice a season. Imperative Rams add a reliable "hot" receiver for their rookie qb. (Rams would be wise to do a one year deal with Boldin for 2016 for this very reason, especially if they start Goff season 1. Boldin would be a great mentor for Louis in 2016 as in all likelihood will need a season to develop. Hoping Boldin is a post June 1 signing.)

• oregonramfan
    Rookie

Re: Mock 2.0 After the Trade

by oregonramfan » 23 Apr 2016, 21:46

I want a running back also. Perhaps instead of the the German wr. I'm not drafting for an TV series. We could use another running back.

• Wildflecken
    Bench Warmer

by Wildflecken » 24 Apr 2016, 05:04

oregonramfan wrote:I want a running back also. Perhaps instead of the the German wr. I'm not drafting for an TV series. We could use another running back.

Agree running back is a need. I was on the Henry bandwagon prior to trade. With limited number of selections Rams are going to have to sign some UDFA's in attempts to fill needs this offseason. A local prospect, Tre Madden from USC may go undrafted due to medical issues in college. A second round talent if medical issues are behind him. Downhill power back in the Henry mold.

Boehringer is raw no doubt, but more than a tv pick. Added that statement due to NFL's desire to have an international flare. Boehringer's athleticism suggests a second or third round value but the level of competition he competed against has him in consideration in the late rounds and could actually go undrafted? But this is a Fisher type selection, Grob and Quick come to mind here. Raw prospects selected for their projections. Much rather see them do this with a 6th round choice than a premium selection as they have done before. But if Boehringer would develop no matter if at TE or WR, a steal in round 6.

Louis is another prospect hard to guage if Rams interest is if he goes undrafted or a late round selection. Snead used a 6th last draft on a slot receiver and it remains a huge need. Louis's skillset projects well in what they desire from the slot and his career trajectory is eerily similar to Sasser's last draft class.

The value in round 4 is at the Center position and 1.) Rams have a need, 2) game is still won in the trenches. My final mock may have them addressing the Center position in round 4. Think Rams have a decent chance of adding another round 4 selection when draft weekend arrives. Dallas has 9 picks and two in round 4. Dallas may have interest in Foles. Even if Dallas would add a qb in round 2 or 3, think for 2016 they may seek a qb with more experience for 2016 if Romo would go down again. Dallas used to face Foles twice a season, they know him well. Would be a good fit in their system, Foles still throws a great deep ball and could be deadly in play action behind their offensive line?

• oregonramfan
    Rookie

by oregonramfan » 25 Apr 2016, 14:56

8-) It would be great to get a 4th or 5th round draft choice for Foles. I agree we could use more competition at center-an upgrade would be great.

Rico Gather's a 6' 7" 275 pound basketball player from I believe Baylor, who wants to play tight end in the NFL, is an intriguing late round selection.