. Demarcus Robinson WR
  • poplarbluffman
    Bench Warmer

. Demarcus Robinson WR

by poplarbluffman » 23 Apr 2016, 17:11

my write up from 4 months ago

. Demarcus Robinson Florida 6'1 1/2 203 "Mr. Suspension." 4 suspensions with elite body control, hands and speed Looks like a #1 wr likely many teams have removed him from their board

add has the body/mannerism, body control, hands and short times of Odell Beckham

added him to my short list of my draftable 60..only 60 players worth drafting in the entire draft based on rd..only 10 players worth drafting in the entire draft from the 5th rd on...he deserves to one of the 10

with a clean background would give him an early 2nd rd grade

• Wildflecken
    Bench Warmer

Re: . Demarcus Robinson WR

by Wildflecken » 23 Apr 2016, 19:30

poplarbluffman wrote:my write up from 4 months ago

. Demarcus Robinson Florida 6'1 1/2 203 "Mr. Suspension." 4 suspensions with elite body control, hands and speed Looks like a #1 wr likely many teams have removed him from their board

add has the body/mannerism, body control, hands and short times of Odell Beckham

added him to my short list of my draftable 60..only 60 players worth drafting in the entire draft based on rd..only 10 players worth drafting in the entire draft from the 5th rd on...he deserves to one of the 10

with a clean background would give him an early 2nd rd grade

Think identifying scheme fit talent in late rounds are key to their contributions at next level. There are always a handful of prospects who could play in any scheme to be found in later rounds but teams who identify their needs well and stay true to those needs with that player at next level get contributions from those prospects at next level

• poplarbluffman
    Bench Warmer

by poplarbluffman » 24 Apr 2016, 04:44

just use how many kids score over 80 on pff grading scale(above avg starter) per rd in each draft...maybe 60 kids worth drafting...scary going back in time over the last 6/8 drafts and seeing how few kids ever make it. 1/3 to 11/2 1st rounders wil be busts and only gets worst each each By the time of the 5th/udfa maybe 10 kids out of 600? will ever become decent starters

agree scheme matters a bunch finding a coach who can use their talents in correctly sub packages...after the 4th rd basically just looking for backups and sub package players and occasionally some team will get lucky finding a real starter...Robinson has the talent to be a # 1 wr. Like Jaylon Smith if he is drafted in the 4th and stays healthy. Sort of interesting challenge for me looking for those 10 needles in the hay stack after the 4th.

• Wildflecken
    Bench Warmer

by Wildflecken » 24 Apr 2016, 09:04

Unfortunately I feel this is the approach the Rams will have to take at the TE position. With Henry, Hooper, Vannett and Adams all of the board prior to them selecting in round 4, Rams are going to have to find a scheme fit talent even if it ends up being a one contract talent. May not be able to run the gambit of Groh's playbook but can be effective if TE routes of playbook are limited to players strengths. One of the reasons I have Jake McGee a scheme fit talent for Rams and a player who could hold position until Rams have the picks again to upgrade the position in the draft or thru FA.

Played in SEC and often used as a move TE in blocking assignments at Florida. Enters debate of what TE has best hands/catch radius of class. Should be able to handle the full gambit of blocking assignments and Groh is known to create deception with TE's out of these blocking alignments thru play action. McGee may not have the athleticism to be effective beyond 12 to 15 yards but his size and hands should make him very effective in routes 15 and less. Not the type of athlete they will be able to split out wide like they have with Cook and Kendricks, but should be very effective if they limit routes that maximize his effectiveness. What happens beyond season one dependent upon McGee's development. Character reportedly is a plus. A team first approach in locker room.

• lynyrdsghost
    Rookie

by lynyrdsghost » 24 Apr 2016, 09:59

Watched a lot of McGee this year and he would be a good get IMO. Dude has great hands and seems to have a knack for getting open. JMO but if the Rams take him, I think he would make a boatload of catches and get a lot of 1st downs this season...if he can stay healthy.