Teams Who Had the Best Drafts: Post Your Evals Here

Draft Discussion Forum - Draft Needs, Prospects, Mock Drafts, etc
Wildflecken

Teams Who Had the Best Drafts: Post Your Evals Here

Postby Wildflecken » 30 Apr 2016, 15:26

What teams had the best draft? Will you include the team you follow on a daily basis here on this forum? Post your thoughts here on which teams had the best drafts and why here on this thread.

lynyrdsghost

Re: Teams Who Had the Best Drafts: Post Your Evals Here

Postby lynyrdsghost » 01 May 2016, 08:10

I think Tennessee, Baltimore and Buffalo had the best drafts. Followed closely by Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Jacksonville. Probably go with Rams, Lions, Giants and Vikings after them. I've been a Ram fan since 1964 but have followed Detroit (lived in Michigan for years), Atlanta, New Orleans Tennessee and Dallas quite a bit since I live in Alabama and they are the teams most liked here.

Wildflecken

Postby Wildflecken » 01 May 2016, 11:26

Being ensconced with the Rams draft has left little time for the evaluations of the drafts around the league, but one teams draft that jumps out at one at being an outstanding draft is the Cleveland Browns. Now in fairness they have needs up and down their roster however Hue Jacksons footprints are all over this one. Added two Defensive Ends in Nassib and Ogbah, four wide receivers in Coleman, Higgins, Payton and one of my favorites this draft Ricardo Louis. And ILB Scooby Wright in round 7 was pure genius. Wright may not be blessed with the athleticism of a Nitchske, Butkus etc but he produces as they did on game day

Wildflecken

Postby Wildflecken » 01 May 2016, 12:24

Houston Texans - Another draft that jumps out as a solid one. Houston in a much different position than Cleveland obviously and actually were in a similar situation as Rams. Good Defense, no quarterback. Went a different route than Rams signing Brock O from Denver, and in draft gave him some weapons to add to the already in place Hopkins. Fuller will open field for Hopkins and they found a scat back very effective in space in Tyler Ervin. Nick Martin C was another solid selection. Personally not high on the Miller pick, but they have a coach who know how to get the most out of the selection. Reader in 7th provides depth behind Wilfolk. A draft Houston needed as Jacksonville is climbing the ladder with talent quickly.

poplarbluffman

Postby poplarbluffman » 11 Jun 2016, 06:35

NFL draft/udfa grades

Tenn A++ are the drafts of 2015/16 the beginnings of a Super Bowl team? wouldn't bet against it loaded up with big, mean physical players
Bears A+ from Floyd, Whitehair, Bullard to Braverman a great draft
Jaguars A+ solid from top to bottom Jack/Ramsey and return of Fowler might put them in playoff hunt
Browns A+ solid 1st steps into making the Browns a playoff team great job
Buffalo A Cardale Jones might be special rest very good players including udfa signings
Redskins A another team on the rise great draft from top to bottom
Rams A Goff best player in draft and even after trading away so many picks solid later rd guys and great udfa signings
Giants A- maybe 5 starters? they nailed it Adams /Goodson great later rd value
Packers B+ BUT Spriggs might make this an A+ draft
Seahawks B the sparq capital of the world is Ifedi a football player or just an athlete playing football?
Texans ...B+ had a plan and executed it perfectly
Bucs B+ Hargreaves will be an all pro and Spence and Ryan Smith are solid
Raiders B+ Joseph looks like a future all pro solid mid rd selections and udfa Cowser is a player...playoffs?
Vikings B Teadwell is an huge upgrade Alexander is a boom or bust type...draft rides on him being a player
Denver B BUT Lynch and Booker might make this the 2nd best draft class..both could be special
Saints B- Rankins will help rest nothing special udfa Pettway and Young might help
49ers B- solid mid/late rd picks Buckner/Garnett solid and filled needs
Ravens B- boom or bust with Stanley but no GM does a better job drafting mid rd/udfa players then Newsome
Dolphins C Tunsil is a very scary pick Howard a boom or bust with not much afterwards
Chargers C- Bosa and some average prospects and still have an old qb needed to be more aggressive
Panthers C- Butler can play and a bunch of cb's they should of paid Norman
Bengals C- so Dennard is a bust? looks like a team treading water
Eagles D are they trying to improve the team or dismantle it? Bradford/Wentz should be fun or painful to watch
Chiefs D- did they have a plan? lot of players with character concerns
Falcons D less said the better
Cowboys D- aging QB and they draft a lber who can't play in 2016 they need a new GM
Jets D- signing Foles might help
Steelers D- reached on Burns and Davis nothing else excites
Cardinals D- 2 boom or bust types in 1st 2 rds...I guess bust
Patriots F+ bad draft/bad udfa signings
Colts F+ a couple decent developmental picks wasted the #1 on a center they are wasting Luck

Wildflecken

Postby Wildflecken » 11 Jun 2016, 06:42

Welcome back Pop, the forum is a much better place when you are an active participant.!

Rampager66

Postby Rampager66 » 12 Jun 2016, 08:55

I don't mind the guys posts either, except when it becomes an LA vs STL shit slinging affair. We're all Rams fans and in the end want the same result. Ram fans should not be at each others throats when there's 9ers, Cards and Seahawk fans for that.
Go Rams!

poplarbluffman

Postby poplarbluffman » 13 Jun 2016, 04:19

Rampager66 wrote:I don't mind the guys posts either, except when it becomes an LA vs STL shit slinging affair. We're all Rams fans and in the end want the same result. Ram fans should not be at each others throats when there's 9ers, Cards and Seahawk fans for that.
Go Rams!

rarely posted about the rams move..just know St Louis was the winner...St Louisans don't have to watch the Rams anymore... when they played in st Louis I watched them but looking forward to this season and watching teams that have owners/coaches who want to win. Not sure why anyone other then someone stuck in LA would follow them but whatever....excited about watching teams like the Seahawks, Bears, Titans and Browns this season

69RamFan

Postby 69RamFan » 13 Jun 2016, 08:08

poplarbluffman wrote:
Rampager66 wrote:I don't mind the guys posts either, except when it becomes an LA vs STL shit slinging affair. We're all Rams fans and in the end want the same result. Ram fans should not be at each others throats when there's 9ers, Cards and Seahawk fans for that.
Go Rams!

rarely posted about the rams move..just know St Louis was the winner...St Louisans don't have to watch the Rams anymore... when they played in st Louis I watched them but looking forward to this season and watching teams that have owners/coaches who want to win. Not sure why anyone other then someone stuck in LA would follow them but whatever....excited about watching teams like the Seahawks, Bears, Titans and Browns this season

Wow, so if you're not following the RAMs at all, then why come over to this site.

Just move on.

Comments like this, just shows you how butt hurt you are, and looking for an argument. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rampager66

Postby Rampager66 » 14 Jun 2016, 07:39

poplarbluffman wrote:
Go Rams!

Fair enough, you're not a Rams fan then. So which team are you a fan of then, for future reference?

Return to “Draft Talk”