Teams Who Had Bad Drafts: Post Your Evals Here
  • Wildflecken
    Bench Warmer

Teams Who Had Bad Drafts: Post Your Evals Here

by Wildflecken » 30 Apr 2016, 15:30

Which teams had the worst draft classes in 2016? Post your teams who had bad draft classes here on this thread.
  • lynyrdsghost
    Rookie

Re: Teams Who Had Bad Drafts: Post Your Evals Here

by lynyrdsghost » 30 Apr 2016, 15:48

Just did a quick look thru and wasn't overly impressed with the Jets, Falcons, Eagles, 49ers, Raiders, Broncos, Patriats, Chiefs or Cardinals at first glance. I'll have to spend more time checking the teams out more thoroughly tho. Not sure I even saw every team's picks yet.
    Rampager66
    Bench Warmer

by Rampager66 » 30 Apr 2016, 21:38

Rams
  • lynyrdsghost
    Rookie

by lynyrdsghost » 01 May 2016, 08:02

After further review, I think Atlanta, Arizona, New England and Philadelphia had the worst drafts. Also think Carolina, Kansas City, Oakland and San Francisco were below average. Green Bay and the New York Jets were average. JMO.
  • Wildflecken
    Bench Warmer

by Wildflecken » 02 May 2016, 16:11

Dallas Cowboys - Really though Dallas would be more aggressive this draft given Romo is at the end of his career. Think SD going Bosa got them off track in round 1 and they never recovered. I realize their Oline is probably best in league but just do not see Elliot as a top 4 talent. Dallas could of got Booker much later in draft brining in immediate defensive help along Oline at 4 (Deforest Buckner?) Understand the value associated with the Smith pick but in the end it appears Dallas did little for a run at a title this season. Grade - D
  • lynyrdsghost
    Rookie

by lynyrdsghost » 13 May 2016, 06:39

Wildflecken wrote:Dallas Cowboys - Really though Dallas would be more aggressive this draft given Romo is at the end of his career. Think SD going Bosa got them off track in round 1 and they never recovered. I realize their Oline is probably best in league but just do not see Elliot as a top 4 talent. Dallas could of got Booker much later in draft brining in immediate defensive help along Oline at 4 (Deforest Buckner?) Understand the value associated with the Smith pick but in the end it appears Dallas did little for a run at a title this season. Grade - D

JMO but I think Elliott will be great and is the most likely candidate to win Offensive ROY this season. May not be a top 4 talent but IMO, he's a better RB prospect than Gurley was last year. Never thought Buckner was as good as most do. Wouldn't have taken him for Cowboys 4-3 Defense. Ramsey was the only guy other than Elliott I would have considered @ 4. I probably would have traded down but I almost always favor trading down. Not a fan of the Smith pick so early but it could pay off in the end. Like the Collins, Tapper, Prescott and Brown picks. Also like them rolling the dice with Gathers in the 6th. I give them a solid "B" grade with "A" potential if Smith comes back strong in 2017.
  • Wildflecken
    Bench Warmer

by Wildflecken » 13 May 2016, 13:21

I don't disagree the top of the draft was unimpressive this year outside of qb and Ramsey and Dallas certainly did not need an OT so you may of sold me on fact I was too harsh on the Dallas draft. Elliot will be successful behind that line, but better than Gurley? Would need to see Elliot due what Gurley did behind our, not necessarily ready for the NFL line last season. I am not one who devalues the RB position just was not that high on Elliot.