Are Todd Gurley's struggles a sophomore slump, or a troubling omen?

Rams News - Latest News On The Los Angeles Rams
RamBill

Are Todd Gurley's struggles a sophomore slump, or a troubling omen?

Postby RamBill » 30 Dec 2016, 20:25

Are Todd Gurley's struggles a sophomore slump, or a troubling omen for the Rams?

By JACK WANG / STAFF WRITER

THOUSAND OAKS – His emotions trickled out, then broke wide open.

On the night of Dec. 11, after weeks of quiet discontent, Todd Gurley finally let loose. He described the Rams as having “a middle-school offense.” He questioned his teammates’ effort. And when a reporter asked how the team might fix things moving forward, the running back replied: “I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really don’t know.”

This Friday, two days before his team’s season finale against the Cardinals, the reigning AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year acknowledged his frustrations.

“But if you’re not getting frustrated,” Gurley added, “then I don’t think you have the passion for the game.”

With no playoff hopes and no full-time head coach, there is little at stake for the Rams (4-11) on Sunday at the Coliseum.

For Gurley, however, there is at least personal pride. Mired in an ugly sophomore slump, the 22-year-old needs 155 yards to reach 1,000 for the season. Nearly 450 days have passed since he last rushed for that many in a single game. He has yet to top 85 yards this year.

The fear for Rams’ fans – and of course, for the organization itself – is that this is the new normal.

After recovering from a torn ACL, Gurley grabbed the NFL by the collar and essentially screamed, “Here I am.” In his first four starts, the former Georgia star ran for 566 yards, the most prolific debut since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970.

Read Complete Article
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/gurl ... yards.html

Rams News Now!
All the Rams News of the Day
http://www.rams-news.com

Return to “Rams News”