Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams open to possibility of staying with Rams

Rams News - Latest News On The Los Angeles Rams
RamBill

Postby RamBill » 30 Dec 2016, 22:00

By Jack Wang

THOUSAND OAKS >> The Rams will most likely enter next season with an entirely new coaching staff. But if the team’s new head coach wants to keep a few current assistants, at least one is willing to listen.

When asked Friday about a possible offer, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams said he’d be open to the idea of remaining in Los Angeles.

“I love coaching,” he said. “I don’t have hobbies. I’m happiest at practice, I’m happiest in games. The coaches and players get fed up with me in the meetings, so we like to get out here. But, yeah, sure. I’m going to coach for as long as I can.”

But the 58-year-old also didn’t sound like a man who expects to stick around. After his post-practice press conference at Cal Lutheran, he thanked the ring of reporters in front of him, and said, “Our paths may cross again one of these days.”

Williams is four years removed from his Bountygate suspension, one that left him out of the league until Jeff Fisher — who was fired earlier this month — brought him back to the Rams in 2014. Whether or not that scandal affects his future employment prospects is uncertain.

Read Complete Article
http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/sport ... -with-rams

Rams News Now!
All the Rams News of the Day
http://www.rams-news.com

ADonaldBeast

Re: Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams open to possibility of staying with Rams

Postby ADonaldBeast » 30 Dec 2016, 22:01

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK NO

Now you know my opinion

TBUX

Re: Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams open to possibility of staying with Rams

Postby TBUX » 30 Dec 2016, 22:11

ADonaldBeast- I understand your response- but imagine if we ever had our offense going- this D may have been MUCH better than what we saw- by years end- they were mentally done. Yes they had a few meltdowns- but I do think this is a good defense and I think he is a solid coach. Prob a moot point as new HC will almost certainly bring someone else in- but I don't thin WIlliams was the issue here- with a even average offense, I think this defense would have been MUCH better than what we saw. JMO

sdram

Postby sdram » 30 Dec 2016, 23:05

TBUX wrote:ADonaldBeast- I understand your response- but imagine if we ever had our offense going- this D may have been MUCH better than what we saw- by years end- they were mentally done. Yes they had a few meltdowns- but I do think this is a good defense and I think he is a solid coach. Prob a moot point as new HC will almost certainly bring someone else in- but I don't thin WIlliams was the issue here- with a even average offense, I think this defense would have been MUCH better than what we saw. JMO

This is a good defense and I think he is a solid coach. If the Rams could have put up some points and sustain drives in the second halves of games, the defense wouldn't have collapsed every game. AFAIC GW and Fassel can both stay.

Return to “Rams News”