Ben Roethlisberger Says Martavis Bryant Has to Win Back Team's Trust
    UplandRam
    Site Admin

Ben Roethlisberger Says Martavis Bryant Has to Win Back Team's Trust

by UplandRam » Fri May 05, 2017 11:38 am

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant was conditionally reinstated by the NFL on April 25 after he sat out the entire 2016 season due to violations of the league's substance abuse policy.

However, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says Bryant still has work to do once he returns to the team.

"It's more than just me. He has to win back everybody's trust," Roethlisberger said, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ron Cook. "I would hope he comes up to me and we go somewhere to talk in private. After that, he has to show with his work ethic and by staying clean that he cares—really cares—about us. If he does that, it'll be huge. He can really help us. He can be so great."

If Bryant can make amends with his teammates and prove he's fully committed to the Black and Yellow, a resurgence could be in order.

The 2014 fourth-round pick proved to be a legitimate vertical threat during his first two NFL seasons, when he totaled 1,314 yards and 14 touchdowns while ripping off 17.3 yards per reception in 21 games.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707 ... eams-trust