How many times are we gonna hear the excuses from McVay about flow of the game in regards to Todd gurley

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
ADonaldBeast
Starter

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:13 pm

We heard this same shit after the bears game Fuck im so pissed he just doesnt get it. Again hes your best player probably the best offensive player in the league and you don't wanna go down with him.

Don't get me wrong I still love me some Sean mcvay but this is very agregious

clevelandrams
Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:39 am

lol arm chair fan thinks he knows something about million dollar, tv sports and what players and coaches are thinking....

he just doesnt get it

he's the one with first hand knowledge of his surroundings....
you're relying on third part information.
you have absolutely no clue what's going on

UK Rams Fan
Starter

Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 am

During the 4 losses we had throughout the entire season, the OL was getting owned by superior defenses.
Wasn't TG's knee injured in the last regular season loss we had? That would be enough to give any HC the jitters of putting your best player out there knowing he's not at full health and one more hit or bad twist to that knee could potentially see him out for most if not all of next season.

Tissue swelling, that doesn't require surgery, but needs weeks maybe a month or two of rest is better than another ACL tear and potentially 9-12 months out.
Players like QB's can often get away with coming back relatively early after an ACL, RB's on the other hand cannot due to the nature of their on-field movement.

Risk v's Reward...

armyram
Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:01 am

UK Rams Fan wrote:
During the 4 losses we had throughout the entire season, the OL was getting owned by superior defenses.
Wasn't TG's knee injured in the last regular season loss we had? That would be enough to give any HC the jitters of putting your best player out there knowing he's not at full health and one more hit or bad twist to that knee could potentially see him out for most if not all of next season.

Tissue swelling, that doesn't require surgery, but needs weeks maybe a month or two of rest is better than another ACL tear and potentially 9-12 months out.
Players like QB's can often get away with coming back relatively early after an ACL, RB's on the other hand cannot due to the nature of their on-field movement.

Risk v's Reward...
I understand what you are saying but why does everyone insist Gurley is still injured when Gurley and McVay both stated why he wasn’t involved as much. I’m talking NFC Championship and SB. McVay stated flow but IMO, McVay was just impatient on establishing the run. Not the first time this has happened and it won’t be the last.

Marz86
Starter

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:12 am

ADonaldBeast wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:13 pm
We heard this same shit after the bears game Fuck im so pissed he just doesnt get it. Again hes your best player probably the best offensive player in the league and you don't wanna go down with him.

Don't get me wrong I still love me some Sean mcvay but this is very agregious
Move on my man...Its over. I'll take McVay over any other coach including Belicheat. Two years ago Rams were the laughing stock of the league. In his second year he got them to the SB. I'm going with that other than second guessing him not using Gurley enough. He'll get them back there and learn from this loss. I have no doubts about that.

UK Rams Fan
Starter

Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:33 am

armyram wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:01 am
UK Rams Fan wrote:

Risk v's Reward...
I understand what you are saying but why does everyone insist Gurley is still injured when Gurley and McVay both stated why he wasn’t involved as much. I’m talking NFC Championship and SB. McVay stated flow but IMO, McVay was just impatient on establishing the run. Not the first time this has happened and it won’t be the last.
Interesting and valid points..

The young and inexperienced coach still has a bit to learn when it comes to managing closer scoring games and to not always rely on the pass happy, pa, jet sweep schemes that has bought him so much success up to this point.

I'm sure it will come and the lessons learnt from our losses will be addressed.

armyram
Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:17 am

They will be, I think it will make us hungrier! definitely don’t want an injured Gurley but definitely don’t want a disgruntled Gurley. He appears to be the ultimate team player but if he feels he’s not being utilized, it could affect chemistry. IMO, Winning or losing the Super Bowl isn’t the final test. It’s the year after also!

Rammer
Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 am

UK Rams Fan wrote:

Risk v's Reward...
Yeh, you wouldn't want to risk using Gurley in the Superbowl. Better to save him for next year. Come on, What kind of logic is that? But honestly, nobody is even saying that he was at risk for injuring his knee further. They keep saying it wasn't injury related. That would at least be an easy explanation and we haven't gotten one so I am assuming it is not that..

RMR
Bench Warmer

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 am

I like Todd Gurley. A lot. That said, there are plenty of quality backs who would love to step into our program and would excel. If there are issues whether it be injury or personality related - we will survive if TG leaves the roster for any reason.

Ramming it since 1975

rong
Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Look...the fans deserve an honest explanation...period...if he's a fuckin head case, did he piss somebody off, does he need major reconstructive knee surgery....wtf...say fucking something...we suffered thru that fucking debacle on Sunday...fess up...wtf

DerbyRam
Bench Warmer

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Whatever the actual reason, because it's sure as hell not because he couldn't fit him into his scheme, it's being covered up. I don't know if it's being covered up for any good reason or not, but I'd like to see this go away ASAP.

It's no doubt one of the strangest scenarios of the entire season, with absolutely no one able to put their finger on it, but I can honestly say that Gurley didn't look 100% for the past couple of months. The coverage in the UK highlighted one of his runs where it looked like he was compensating for something. He had snaps and did little with them, Cowboys game aside.

luckenbill56
Starter

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:59 pm

What worries me is the Rams will try and trade Gurley. Whatever the issue is? Fix it . ASAP.

UK Rams Fan
Starter

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:13 am

luckenbill56 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:59 pm
What worries me is the Rams will try and trade Gurley. Whatever the issue is? Fix it . ASAP.
Hmmm.. interesting! The Rams don't have may picks this April. Got a few holes to fill with departures going in FA too...
The wrecking ball that is CJ Anderson will undoubtedly be a cheaper option at back if they go down that route, while potentially picking up another 1st and maybe a couple of 2nd's for Gurley...

Waits to be flamed by the board for even suggesting such an action... :lol:

ElAcky
Bench Warmer

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:35 am

You have to read between the lines i.e. he was actually saying that Gurley had no flow for the game!!!

Rate this topic