20% Discount For Rams Fans

Chris Simms "Jared Goff 19th best starter in NFL.."

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
MysticRam
Bench Warmer

Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:04 pm

That's about where I'd put him. Former NFL quarterback has all the same problems with Goff that the Mystic One does. His father and Troy Aikman share the same concerns. Wish he was better..

Commish
Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:20 pm

Well, I'd put Jared Goff at least in the 10th-12th range of NFL QBs, one has to consider his strengths and successes, along with his weaknesses and failures, plus also remember that he's only played three seasons (less than two-and-a-half as a starter) in the league... :) 8-) :geek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
Last edited by Commish on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:02 pm

"You gotta do things outside of the system"
Jared Goff was the highest rated passer in the division, by PFF.
Oh.. was this a "system" play?

Can't make plays out of pocket..

He also must've missed Goff's performance in the *first* Saints game, (one many people forget because of how bad the defense was that day) Where he threw for almost 400 and three TDs?

Honestly... Simms sucked so bad, I'm not sure why he's so jealous of Goff. Maybe he thinks that coaching is the reason he sucked in the NFL?

Oh... and go look at Simms' QB ratings last year..
He had Brady at #4.

Soooooo.... yeah....

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:54 am

First Foolio, now Mystic lining himself up with Major Moron (bust in LIFE) Chris Simms??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. No fuckin way!! You cant make this kind of stupid up!!! Who's next Mysty? Joe Biden??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

RGtheFirst
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:38 am

Simms = Bonehead...

Clovis
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 am

RGtheFirst wrote:
Simms = Bonehead...
Exactly.

This "mystic" just lost any credibility he had. I'm always down for a discussion on different points of view but this clown reaching with Chris Simms tells me all I need to know. You cannot have an intelligent discussion with someone like that.

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:46 am

Clovis wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 am
RGtheFirst wrote:
Simms = Bonehead...
Exactly.

This "mystic" just lost any credibility he had. I'm always down for a discussion on different points of view but this clown reaching with Chris Simms tells me all I need to know. You cannot have an intelligent discussion with someone like that.
Losers reaching for Losers.

Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in the Garden spot of America, Beautiful Brooklyn, NY...

Idaho_Ram
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 am

The older I get and the more I watch team dynamics throughout a football season, the more I think individual ratings are just a waste of time. People cite records and rings and attribute them to one person. "Brady has six rings." But does he if he's on the Jets for the last 18 years?

Football more than any other sport is the ultimate team sport. Unlike basketball, one player CAN'T take over by himself. Someone has to snap, block, run routes, catch, etc. So I think the bottom line for me on Goff is - he is good enough on this team with this coach to win multiple championships. I genuinely believe that. Where a talking head flamed out former back-up QB has him "ranked" just doesn't matter. Because guys like Simms, even IF the Rams had won the SB, will never give Goff the credit - it was the defense, game plan etc. So let him think what he wants while we run through the NFC again....

Rammer
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:55 am

He's better than that. I would go in the neighborhood of 10th.

I guess where you rate Goff depends on how much you believe his success is simply a product of the system he plays in, the team around him and the coach putting him in the perfect situation. So far, his doubters have just enough ammo to say he is like a Matt Cassell, Steve Bono or maybe a Marc Bulger. Put him on another team and he is very average. Given his age and how far he has come, I don't agree. On the other hand, I have to admit that he hasn't yet proven that he is really special like a Brady, Montana or Warner. Those guys excelled in those same situations but took it to the next level.

Ants
Pro-bowler

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 am

I actually like Chris Simms and his analysis on all things football.
Personally, I think Goff is one of those guys that gradually grows into being better and better. I would say he probably ranks a little better than 19 now...but next year I would suspect maybe 10-15 ranking.
I don't have a problem with it. And let's face it - we are now in an era where there are tons of REALLY GOOD and GREAT QB's. Somebody has to be #19.

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:32 am

Ants wrote:
Personally, I think Goff is one of those guys that gradually grows into being better and better. I would say he probably ranks a little better than 19 now...but next year I would suspect maybe 10-15 ranking.
I don't have a problem with it. And let's face it - we are now in an era where there are tons of REALLY GOOD and GREAT QB's. Somebody has to be #19.
Incorrect. Goff already Top 10

RamPower
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 am

Simms has always been a putz.

Last year's Pro Bowl had Goff around the top 5 or 6 best QB. 2018 in the 7 to 9 range. Yes one third of that vote is from fans, but I'm not thinking the fans from LA unfairly packed the ballot box to any advantage for Goff certainly. The coaches and players? Yeah, I'm sure they see his talents…

By the way, did Goff's season with Fisher help or hurt Goff's process? It would be amazing if he didn't come away from that season somewhat similarly to how Foles felt (mentally crushed) after his Fisher year. I'll guess it was some degree of set-back going into the McVay year.

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Starter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:28 am

RamPower wrote:

Last year's Pro Bowl had Goff around the top 5 or 6 best QB. 2018 in the 7 to 9 range. Yes one third of that vote is from fans, but I'm not thinking the fans from LA unfairly packed the ballot box to any advantage for Goff certainly. The coaches and players? Yeah, I'm sure they see his talents…

By the way, did Goff's season with Fisher help or hurt Goff's process? It would be amazing if he didn't come away from that season somewhat similarly to how Foles felt (mentally crushed) after his Fisher year. I'll guess it was some degree of set-back going into the McVay year.
When Goff wins a Super Bowl or 2 and has 15 prolific statistical years along with an ELITE Won-Loss Record under McVay, the haters will still be referencing his one season under (worst Offensive mind in modern Coaching History?) Fisher. You can't fix irrational hatred.
Last edited by Mike Schad 1st Rd on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

29TheBest
Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:56 am

Well Chris Simms wouldn't even be spoken of if he were in the running, so I consider the source and laugh. I personally would put him top 10. Sure its very easy to say the system makes him look good, but you also have to have the skills to run the system. This kid, yes kid is still in the learning process, but warrants better than 19 from a left coast hack

MysticRam
Bench Warmer

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:28 am
RamPower wrote:

Hey Mrs. Goff. Nobody besides you believes Jared is going to win 2 or 3 Super Bowls after he curled up into the fetal position and died in last year’s SB.
When Goff wins a Super Bowl or 2 and has 15 prolific statistical years along with an ELITE Won-Loss Record under McVay, the haters will still be referencing his one season under (worst Offensive mind in modern Coaching History?) Fisher. You can't fix irrational hatred.

Ants
Pro-bowler

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:47 am

Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:32 am
Ants wrote:
Incorrect. Goff already Top 10
I'm not just talking about stats. I'm talking about playing at a high level for a long period of time, I'm talking about athletic ability, making things happen, toughness, etc. I'm not saying Goff isn't good - I'm saying there are so many other good QB's, and Goff is younger, so I will defer to the guys that have been playing well for a longer period of time....for the moment.

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

Rate this topic