49ers have played some of the worst teams in the NFL so far

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum On The Los Angeles Rams
unclesams
Veteran
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:34 am

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:53 pm

The 49ers added a few pieces to the team but dont think all of a sudden the 49ers are all world. They beat the Buccaneers, Bengals, Steelers, and Browns. Those 4 teams together have 5 wins and all 4 teams rank at the very bottom of every category in the entire NFL, in fact the Bengals are 32nd even below the Dolphins. The 5 games the Rams have played there opponents have won 15 games Including the Saints, Seahawks, and Panthers. If not for a missed field goal at the end of the game last Thursday, we would be 4 - 1 as we outplayed the Seahawks. The 49ers have not played anyone yet. They will face an opponent this week that has offensive firepower all the way around and a defense that will put Garrappolo on his ass and make him throw ints like we all know he will do. So before the media go bragging about the 49ers making them all world with that 4 - 0 smoke and mirror record, take a closer look at the opponents they have played thus far and realize it does not warrant a Superbowl invitation. They have a gauntlet of winning teams to play over the next 8 games and other than the Redskins after the Rams game, it wont surprise me if they come back down to earth and lose 6 games out of the next 8.

Rams will rebound Sunday and put the 49ers back in there place. They are still the same ole 49ers...the same ole sorry ass 49ers!!



User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9456
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:12 pm

The Bucs beat the Rams.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2723
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:47 pm

I don’t care who they have played. Their front seven on defense is as good as there is right now as well as their run game. Huge mistake disrespecting them.



User avatar
clevelandrams
Veteran
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:27 am

everyone is bad in the parity era. the Niners look wayyy better than everyone though
Rams will rebound Sunday and put the 49ers back in there place. They are still the same ole 49ers...the same ole sorry ass 49ers!!
Rams will be 6-3 to start.. and then win 2 more games the rest of the way



LARAMFAN52
Starter
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 am

clevelandrams wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:27 am
everyone is bad in the parity era. the Niners look wayyy better than everyone though
Rams will rebound Sunday and put the 49ers back in there place. They are still the same ole 49ers...the same ole sorry ass 49ers!!
Rams will be 6-3 to start.. and then win 2 more games the rest of the way
Lol
Keep digging



unclesams
Veteran
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:34 am

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:58 am

I watched that 49er Cleveland Browns game and the Browns just dont have a controlled offense that can move the football, the Rams do. And even though the Cleveland Browns do not have a sufficient offense, they still put together several nice drives by countering that aggressive front of the 49ers with trap plays and screenplays. Had the Cleveland Browns continued to use those quick trap plays and screen passes, they would have had the 49ers defense off balance. I watched the way Richard Sherman played defense and it is very obvious the guy does not have the speed to cover fast wide receivers and that's why they constantly keep him in a zone coverage scheme with a 10 yd cushion. I see the Rams exploiting that big time and I also see Cooper kupp having a monster game Sunday. Nick bosa will not be able to manhandle Andrew Whitworth as he did Greg Robinson, the same Greg Robinson that the rams drafted and let go a few years later because he is flat out awful at tackle. I just don't see the same thing that the media and some of you guys are seeing from the 49ers. They have quite a few flaws especially in the back half of the secondary which I'm sure McVay will exploit.

This will be the game that most of you will look back on and say this was the game that turned the tide in favor of the Rams for the season. The offense and Goff is starting to heat up and get in sync. They talk about the Seattle Seahawks game last Thursday but if you really think about that hostile environment and the fact that the Rams played behind for virtually the entire game, to come away with a loss by only a missed field goal was an exceptional performance. I think McVay realize now had he come out in that aggressive no huddle offense from the start of the game, the outcome would have been much different even though the Rams still should have won that game.

It's amazing to me how a team can win 4 games against basically hapless teams and all of a sudden they are primed for the Super Bowl. I'm saying this now as I have said before, the 49ers will be a 7 - 9 team as they will lose 6 of their next 8 games after they lose to the Rams on Sunday. This reminds me of all of the Jimmy Garoppollo hype 2 years ago when he won those last 5 meaningless games of the season and they came out and laid an egg and won 4 ball games last year. All of a sudden the 49ers are now the bullies of the NFL when they have not beat a team with a winning record yet. I'm not buying it!!

Rams 35
49ers 17



unclesams
Veteran
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:34 am

Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:07 am

Dick84 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:12 pm
The Bucs beat the Rams.
And the 2012 New York Giants team with a 9 - 7 regular season record beat the 18 - 0 New England Patriots in the Superbowl....Not sure what you are trying to say with the Yuccaneers qoute??



User avatar
Tenacious T
Veteran
Posts: 779
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:03 am

Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:14 am

I love the analysis, Uncle. Hoping it plays out that way come Sunday.

Go Rams!


Image

toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2609
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am

Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 am

I've never bought into that weak schedule thing. You can only play the games they schedule. If your winning your winning. The Rams may regret not showing up for the Bucs when all is said and done this season.



cdaly26
Bench Warmer
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:14 am

toast49 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 am
I've never bought into that weak schedule thing. You can only play the games they schedule. If your winning your winning. The Rams may regret not showing up for the Bucs when all is said and done this season.
This^^

While the Seahawks loss did sting - especially since they could have won it - they have played the Hawks close the last couple of seasons and one of those games was bound to bounce their way....the Bucs game was a game they should have won - by a wide margin - whatever improvements they have made - they are not a team that should be putting up 55 points on anyone - good teams win the games they should win - I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in terms of homefield - or in terms of missing the playoffs at 9-7 vs getting in at 10-6...



toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2609
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:22 am

unclesams wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:58 am
I watched that 49er Cleveland Browns game and the Browns just dont have a controlled offense that can move the football, the Rams do. And even though the Cleveland Browns do not have a sufficient offense, they still put together several nice drives by countering that aggressive front of the 49ers with trap plays and screenplays. Had the Cleveland Browns continued to use those quick trap plays and screen passes, they would have had the 49ers defense off balance. I watched the way Richard Sherman played defense and it is very obvious the guy does not have the speed to cover fast wide receivers and that's why they constantly keep him in a zone coverage scheme with a 10 yd cushion. I see the Rams exploiting that big time and I also see Cooper kupp having a monster game Sunday. Nick bosa will not be able to manhandle Andrew Whitworth as he did Greg Robinson, the same Greg Robinson that the rams drafted and let go a few years later because he is flat out awful at tackle. I just don't see the same thing that the media and some of you guys are seeing from the 49ers. They have quite a few flaws especially in the back half of the secondary which I'm sure McVay will exploit.

This will be the game that most of you will look back on and say this was the game that turned the tide in favor of the Rams for the season. The offense and Goff is starting to heat up and get in sync. They talk about the Seattle Seahawks game last Thursday but if you really think about that hostile environment and the fact that the Rams played behind for virtually the entire game, to come away with a loss by only a missed field goal was an exceptional performance. I think McVay realize now had he come out in that aggressive no huddle offense from the start of the game, the outcome would have been much different even though the Rams still should have won that game.

It's amazing to me how a team can win 4 games against basically hapless teams and all of a sudden they are primed for the Super Bowl. I'm saying this now as I have said before, the 49ers will be a 7 - 9 team as they will lose 6 of their next 8 games after they lose to the Rams on Sunday. This reminds me of all of the Jimmy Garoppollo hype 2 years ago when he won those last 5 meaningless games of the season and they came out and laid an egg and won 4 ball games last year. All of a sudden the 49ers are now the bullies of the NFL when they have not beat a team with a winning record yet. I'm not buying it!!

Rams 35
49ers 17
The Browns were in our game till the end. They had a first and goal late in the 4th to possibly tie the game. For everyone who has forgotten we barely beat the Browns and they aren't very good.



User avatar
clevelandrams
Veteran
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:14 am

LARAMFAN52 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 am
clevelandrams wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:27 am
everyone is bad in the parity era. the Niners look wayyy better than everyone though
Rams will rebound Sunday and put the 49ers back in there place. They are still the same ole 49ers...the same ole sorry ass 49ers!!
Rams will be 6-3 to start.. and then win 2 more games the rest of the way
Lol
Keep digging
I'm being generous. It might get worse then that.



User avatar
clevelandrams
Veteran
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:18 am

Quote:The Browns were in our game till the end. They had a first and goal late in the 4th to possibly tie the game. For everyone who has forgotten we barely beat the Browns and they aren't very good
===============================
Yet they will still beat Seahawks at home.

No one is very good. Titans blow out Browns. Browns blow out Ravens. Football logic is out the window now



malibu
Veteran
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:39 am

I been saying they have played nobody and after we beat them this week they will come to watch and especially the NFL power rankings will finally reflect the truth.

I see these clowns on TV ranking them in the top 5 some as high as 3rd sure as one poster said they play the schedule they are dealt you are right, but someone needs to discount those wins to a degree since the stats speak for themselves. Not to mention the Rams missed a 44 yarder to win. 8-10 Greg makes that kick.

Imo at the end of the season will be the #1 seed in the NFC I don't see them losing anymore than 1&2 games the rest of the season.

SF have no threats at WR they have a solid TE, and a good run game weakened a good deal with no FB due to his injury.

We just need to stop Little, counter their strong pass rush, but be clear we can get to Garapolo because their OL is not good.



User avatar
RamPower
Veteran
Posts: 1755
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:47 am

clevelandrams wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:18 am

No one is very good. Titans blow out Browns. Browns blow out Ravens. Football logic is out the window now
No one is very good? How about they're all good?

Training starting at extremely early ages. "Kids" showing ups at colleges looking like college seniors. College weight rooms looking like the NFL. The college QB might at times be about the only player behind the eight ball when coming from a spread, but obviously those schemes have well found their way into the pro game as well.

Arik Armstead came to the Oregon Ducks rated a 5-star recruit and number one rated left tackle in the country. But he wanted to play defense, where he was rated a 3-star talent. A lot of top athletes gravitate to defense. Regardless, across the board they are all bigger, faster and more football sophisticated than ever before.

Some things may look like a drop off, such as defenders going for the highlight kill-shot tackle and not wrapping up, etc., but to think there's any drop-off in play due to parity is pretty much not understanding the game of football. They all want to win/want the big fame & money. They train much harder than players did in the golden era. Today's great players would have totally knocked it out of the park back in the glory days. Everybody's good, some are just better.



sdram
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2826
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:42 am

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:52 am

Forget what the pundit fools say. After 3 weeks they had the Cowpies in the Super Bowl, even though they had beaten the Dolphins, Giants and Redskins. Then they got punched in the face by the Saints and Packers.

All the talk this week was about how great the Seahags are and what a dominant win they had against the Rams...forget the fact that GZ missed a makeable game winning field goal. If GZ makes that kick the punditry would be talking about how great the Rams are.

Now the 9rs are being anointed as the next coming of the '99 Rams even though they've beaten on tomato cans all year. Teams have their ups and downs and the 9rs played their best game by far on Monday Night against a young mediocre team coming off a huge win, and travelling across the country. This week will be the test to see if the 9rs are truly contenders. We know the Rams have shown they have some weaknesses, but they'll win this week. I like that 35-17 prediction.



User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9456
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:55 am

unclesams wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:07 am
Dick84 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:12 pm
The Bucs beat the Rams.
And the 2012 New York Giants team with a 9 - 7 regular season record beat the 18 - 0 New England Patriots in the Superbowl....Not sure what you are trying to say with the Yuccaneers qoute??
I’m saying to come to any conclusions about the Niners based on opponents is silly.

They look really good and have won 5 in a row. No need to try and shade that.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

luckenbill56
Starter
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:08 am

Something I never adhere to. You either beat or lose to who is in front of you. The 49'ers have done exactly as expected. Won games. The Rams? Are an enigma.



luckenbill56
Starter
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:10 am

The Cleveland Browns have gotten more hype for a team who recently has done nothing more than any team I have witnessed in some time.



idahoramfan
Starter
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 am

unclesams wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:58 am
It's amazing to me how a team can win 4 games against basically hapless teams and all of a sudden they are primed for the Super Bowl. I'm saying this now as I have said before, the 49ers will be a 7 - 9 team as they will lose 6 of their next 8 games after they lose to the Rams on Sunday.
You're going to be proven dead wrong. Forget schedule. I'm 55. I've watched football for many seasons. There's such a thing as the "eye test". You can't watch the 49ers and say they don't have a damn good football team.



User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 9456
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:18 am

They beat a team that dropped 50 on us and we’re talking about their weak opponents?


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

User avatar
RAMFAN71
Starter
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:14 am

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am

Again- you are as good as your record says. 4-0 vs 3-2. I think we have a better team, but I'm def jaded and if we can't find a way to win Sunday, then enough said. The better team will find a way to win. SF has a good team in need of a beat down.


"60% OF THE TIME........IT WORKS EVERY TIME"

User avatar
bigklein
Veteran
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:06 am

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:57 am

It’s important to remember that last year SF had A LOT of injuries. Now those guys are playing, and they are well coached. Besides winning the turnover battle, the Rams will need
1) constant pressure on Garrapolo so that he can’t even dink and dunk
2) a respectable running game
3) continued use of both TEs
4) SJD, Gaines, or Smart to plug the middle



User avatar
oregon ram
Starter
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:50 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:10 am

The 9ers just played a team that had Greg Robinson at left tackle. I also think,
because of the lack of preseason reps in games set the offense back to start the season.
The Seattle game shows that the offense is sync now and is ready explode. GO RAMS



Idaho_Ram
Veteran
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:07 am

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:31 am

toast49 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:22 am
The Browns were in our game till the end. They had a first and goal late in the 4th to possibly tie the game. For everyone who has forgotten we barely beat the Browns and they aren't very good.
I had the same concern, but here's what I've come around to. The Browns are young, talented, inexperienced, and VERY immature from the coaching staff down. I think they may be the most emotional team in the league. We went to their place for the first prime time game in C-town in Lord knows how long. They were amped. The crowd was amped. They got out to an early lead against the reigning NFC champ. For those reasons, there was focus, energy, and 100% effort for four quarters.

On Monday, they got slugged in the gut right off the bat on the road. They were not the same team for the rest of that game. They looked done by halftime. Zero confidence or resolve.

What has impressed me most about the Rams (even in their losses) is the mental toughness and resilience, especially of Goff. I don't expect this to be an easy game by any means, but I don't think you can point to Cleveland as evidence that the Niners are better than us. I still think we win by a touchdown plus.



Post Reply
Rate this topic