Gurley , About to be traded

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

brasilrams wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:11 pm
So you sign a contract when totally healthy, then you get sick and now you can only work 20 hours per week instead of 40 and you still expect to be paid the same? Really?
Bad analogy brasil. Fact is Gurley played 15 out of the 16 games last year. He would not of had 2.5 more touches then the other 2 RB’s if he wasn’t on the field as much as he was. Also I did not hear him take any practices off unless it was a veteran practice day off granted by McVay. No different than any other veteran player on the team or for that matter any veteran player around the league. Your example is one of a part time employee being paid a full time employee salary. Gurley was not a part time employee last year. And there is nothing to indicate he will be in 2020 either.

At the end of the day I highly doubt the players union will allow a player to take a pay cut. You stating you would gets a reply from me that you then are better than most. But his reduction on the field, if one wants to debate such, is because of an arthritic knee that he obtained while carrying the ball for this team. And that is because of the after affects of the injury suffered from college. Carrying the ball as well as any running back in this league for the first 4 years of his career. He was doing his job and then got paid accordingly for that with the extension. You can argue all you want that they did the extension too early, that he doesn’t perform up to that contract anymore, etc......... Valid points in many ways. But none IMO justifies that the man should feel he shoulD now give money back sorry. And now view him more importantly if he doesn’t as a, for lack of a better word(s), a selfish player.



brasilrams
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:51 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:37 pm
brasilrams wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:11 pm
So you sign a contract when totally healthy, then you get sick and now you can only work 20 hours per week instead of 40 and you still expect to be paid the same? Really?
Bad analogy brasil. Fact is Gurley played 15 out of the 16 games last year. He would not of had 2.5 more touches then the other 2 RB’s if he wasn’t on the field as much as he was. Also I did not hear him take any practices off unless it was a veteran practice day off granted by McVay. No different than any other veteran player on the team or for that matter any veteran player around the league. Your example is one of a part time employee being paid a full time employee salary. Gurley was not a part time employee last year. And there is nothing to indicate he will be in 2020 either.

At the end of the day I highly doubt the players union will allow a player to take a pay cut. You stating you would gets a reply from me that you then are better than most. But his reduction on the field, if one wants to debate such, is because of an arthritic knee that he obtained while carrying the ball for this team. And that is because of the after affects of the injury suffered from college. Carrying the ball as well as any running back in this league for the first 4 years of his career. He was doing his job and then got paid accordingly for that with the extension. You can argue all you want that they did the extension too early, that he doesn’t perform up to that contract anymore, etc......... Valid points in many ways. But none IMO justifies that the man should feel he shoulD now give money back sorry. And now view him more importantly if he doesn’t as a, for lack of a better word(s), a selfish player.
Bad analogy? I don't agree. You are comparing him to the other backs we have? Of course he will get more touches, he is the best back on the team ( at least until we see more from Henderson). But, You should be comparing how many touches he had per game in 2017 and 2018 to how many touches he had per game ( average of course) in 2019. We will see it is way less and that is simply because he can't carry the heavy load anymore. He was paid to do so and he can't because of the injurie. I do agree he got injured playing for the rams and being a work horse back but it is what it is. You work for a company 10 years and then sign a new contract to be able to work with the same Kind of production for another 4 years. You get sick ( it doesn't matter how you got sick, fact is you did) and now you can only produce half. Company calls you offers you a pay cut for reduced hours. You don't take it? I guarantee you get fired. That is how it is. Like I said you can't expect to get paid 100% when you can only deliver 50%. Last season they were obviously doing some serious load management with Gurley, like I said just compare his touches in 17-18 to 19.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:22 pm

@ brasil,

You and I continue to see things as opposite as opposite gets lol which is fine. I sit here and read your replies and actually say WHAT!!!!! so many times lol but again it’s fine. I’ve grown lol and just simply say now you are entitled to your opinion.

My only reply here is IMO you are combining being available to your employer with production on the job and in this case on the field. Two separate issues IMO not one. Gurley was in uniform 15 out of 16 games last year. Your analogy of 20 hours would be 8 games not 15. Yes his touches did go down last year but we knew going in there would be some load management and why. But he still averaged 17 touches per game. Anyone wanting more than that should point the finger at the play caller not Gurley. Again Gurley was available for more work. He wasn’t in street clothes on the sidelines. And I’m sorry but close to 1100 combined yards and 14 TD’s is production. It may not be at the level of his salary but..........

Rams didn’t have a gun to their head in regards to the extension. They agreed to it and they both signed it. Why anyone should think the man now should give back money because others feel he should sorry I’ll never agree.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:28 pm

And brasil you are right in your scenario that in the real world one gets fired. Not sure 1100 combined yards and 14 TD’s justifies being fired but....... But the NFL isn’t the real world. Rams want to “fire” Gurley then by all means do it. But again this is not the real world. There are salary cap ramifications for doing such as well as guaranteed money still owed to Gurley that isn’t his fault.



User avatar
zackn
Veteran
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:40 pm

toast49 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:11 pm
Hearing they'll ask Gurley to take a pay cut more in line with his current production. Makes sense.
But who in the NFL accepts "pay cuts"? It's so rare it might as well be non-existent.

And hearing that from who? I doubt it;s anyone with actual knowledge of what the team thinks. It's more likely that whoever is saying that is just speculating and no more.

...



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:25 pm

zackn wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:40 pm
toast49 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:11 pm
Hearing they'll ask Gurley to take a pay cut more in line with his current production. Makes sense.
But who in the NFL accepts "pay cuts"? It's so rare it might as well be non-existent.

And hearing that from who? I doubt it;s anyone with actual knowledge of what the team thinks. It's more likely that whoever is saying that is just speculating and no more.

...
Exactly Zackn. Players don’t take pay cuts n not should they if contract is active.

All of this is just fan speculation on what they hope will take place. No validation with any of it.



User avatar
HellRam
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3135
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:17 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:30 pm

Does anyone know the actual NFLPA rules regarding pay cuts? We've seen it before where teams ask players to take a cut or get released.



User avatar
29TheBest
Veteran
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:57 am
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:14 pm

Well last season certainly is one we would all like to forget, but there was clearly a HUGE disconnect between the front office, coaching staff and player, that resulted in unacceptable results on the field. I do like the way the team is approaching this, a sit down meeting between all. Hopefully all dirty laundry was aired out and plan to move forward was developed and adopted by all parties to make for a another run ay the trophy. I don't believe you regress that much, so I view it as one of those years to forget. Everyone get on the same page and lets make it happen!!!!



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:09 pm

29TheBest wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:14 pm
Well last season certainly is one we would all like to forget, but there was clearly a HUGE disconnect between the front office, coaching staff and player, that resulted in unacceptable results on the field. I do like the way the team is approaching this, a sit down meeting between all. Hopefully all dirty laundry was aired out and plan to move forward was developed and adopted by all parties to make for a another run ay the trophy. I don't believe you regress that much, so I view it as one of those years to forget. Everyone get on the same page and lets make it happen!!!!
Just asking from your view. Define this clear HUGE disconnect because it’s not clear at all for some of us. And I ask that’s it not defined by their 9-7 record or you as a fan your opinion. What I’m asking is for clear things you saw that actually came from the players or McVay in what they said. Yes it wasn’t the record they had hoped for but it seemed they were still a close knit group when the season ended. There was nothing that came from either party that indicated a disconnect of any kind let alone a huge one. What I heard was a bunch of players that enjoyed being Rams and a HC who enjoyed coaching these players.



User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1943
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:17 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:25 pm

All of this is just fan speculation on what they hope will take place. No validation with any of it.
Agreed--or it's simply blathering from sportswriters and/or sportscasters desperate to get attention... :) 8-) :roll:

ram pathos...

--The Commish


UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

toast49
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3910
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:26 am
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:10 pm

I doubt the team is calling Gurley to a meeting to discuss his new position coach. They have to find a way forward that matches his production to his compensation. Restructure maybe. What teams would he like to be traded to maybe. His role is not as the bell cow back anymore, and last year that was manifested in the play calling by McVay. In 2017 and early 2018 the offense was clearly built around Gurley. In 2019 that changed.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:46 pm

toast49 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:10 pm
I doubt the team is calling Gurley to a meeting to discuss his new position coach. They have to find a way forward that matches his production to his compensation. Restructure maybe. What teams would he like to be traded to maybe. His role is not as the bell cow back anymore, and last year that was manifested in the play calling by McVay. In 2017 and early 2018 the offense was clearly built around Gurley. In 2019 that changed.
Doubt all you want but yes it could be as simple as that.

They have a signed contract with Gurley. It doesn’t matter if the Rams feel what they are paying him doesn’t match their current expectations of production. And again no where has the Rams stated they need to do such.

Rams would be idiots to restructure his current contract and kick more of it down the road.

Ask him all you want what teams he would be interested in being traded for. You still need a trade partner for a player that many of you state is no longer producing at a level you think he should be. Again you are giving reason why teams should not trade for him.

McVay’s play calling had nothing to do with the OL right? Those holes to run thru the first half of the season were just gaping. See sarcasm.



brasilrams
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:48 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:22 pm
@ brasil,

You and I continue to see things as opposite as opposite gets lol which is fine. I sit here and read your replies and actually say WHAT!!!!! so many times lol but again it’s fine. I’ve grown lol and just simply say now you are entitled to your opinion.

My only reply here is IMO you are combining being available to your employer with production on the job and in this case on the field. Two separate issues IMO not one. Gurley was in uniform 15 out of 16 games last year. Your analogy of 20 hours would be 8 games not 15. Yes his touches did go down last year but we knew going in there would be some load management and why. But he still averaged 17 touches per game. Anyone wanting more than that should point the finger at the play caller not Gurley. Again Gurley was available for more work. He wasn’t in street clothes on the sidelines. And I’m sorry but close to 1100 combined yards and 14 TD’s is production. It may not be at the level of his salary but..........

Rams didn’t have a gun to their head in regards to the extension. They agreed to it and they both signed it. Why anyone should think the man now should give back money because others feel he should sorry I’ll never agree.
yup , it is fine we see things in a different way . We can just agree to disagree most times , no problem . BUt it is usually because you always take a stance pro-player or pro-team , don't take this wrong but I have yet to see you take a different stance about a player , a coach , a gm , or the team overral . It is always like you are trying to protect them at all costs , like I said don't take it as an insult because it is NOT , it is just the message that your posts send . IT is all good thought , we must have different posters with different views or else this place would be boring .

About gurley , imo , it really doesn't matter how many times he was dressed . All it matters is how many times the doctor said he can carry the load without getting completely fucked and I can't blame the play caller if he is doing the load management that the team doctor told him to do .

Gurley 2017 - 2100 total yards. avg rushing yard per game - 89 yards
gurley 2018 - 1831 total yards . avg rushing yards per game - 87 yards

2019- 1.064 total yards (seems pretty bad when you look at 17-18) . avg rushing yards per game - 57 yards ( much , much worse )

So yeah maybe not exactly 50 % less , but REALLY MUCH LESS production . I know the o line was bad , and that is one of the REASONS why he average 3.8 ypc when compared to 4.7 and 4.9 in 17 and 18 . But I am talking about the fact that mcvay HAS to load manage him , if mcvay gives him 25-30 touches like he used to do sometimes , like gurley was PAID to do , he knows gurley's knee won't hold it . taking a pay cut would be only FAIR .

Btw , look at this stats for his receiving .

2017- 87 targets . 64 receptions . 788 yards . catching % at 73.6 % . 53 avg receiving yards per game
2018 - 81 targets . 59 receptions . 580 yards - catching % at 72.8 % . 41 avg receiving yards per game
2019 - 59 targets . 30 receptions . 200 yards . catching % at 63 % . 13 avg receiving yards per game .

Team shows me this and I WILL be the one asking for a paycut , lol . :lol:
Can you tell me why is he catching 10 % less when the ball goes his way ? is there a reason for that ? he was dropping passes all over the field last season .

oh , and btw , did you know he couldn't get more than 100 yards rushing last season in ANY GAME ? yup . maximum was 98 at week 1. His production is very , very average and will probably stay that way unless he finds a cure for arthritis . So , average production , average money , not top money . It is pretty simple to me as much as you don't agree brother .



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:17 pm

@ brasil

Team doctor? When did a Ram team doctor this past year say if he carries the balk x amount of times he would completely be bleeped up physically?

The entire production/ salary/ should now take less / etc we will yes just disagree. No need to continue discussing.

I have no problem with how you currently view my takes. That being said I’m not sure how long you have been in here. If for more than the McVay era then you should know I was quite hard on the Fisher era as well as some players. Even before Fisher. I was constantly debating with another poster, that I can’t recall his forum name, his Fisher and players can do no wrong takes while this team thru up on themselves week after week.

Again you should recall why I told you a few months ago why I’m as positive as I’ve been with this team the past 3 years. Again when all said and done this group has players that will go down as some of the best ever for this organization including Gurley. And if you recall once I said such you said when you state it the way I did it’s hard not to agree with me. Again 35-17, 3 straight winning seasons, and a Super Bowl appearance in my books warrants such respect. We as fans have been entertained damn well by this group after being provided crap to watch for a hell of along time before this group came together under McVay.



brasilrams
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm
Contact:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:52 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:17 pm
@ brasil

Team doctor? When did a Ram team doctor this past year say if he carries the balk x amount of times he would completely be bleeped up physically?

The entire production/ salary/ should now take less / etc we will yes just disagree. No need to continue discussing.

I have no problem with how you currently view my takes. That being said I’m not sure how long you have been in here. If for more than the McVay era then you should know I was quite hard on the Fisher era as well as some players. Even before Fisher. I was constantly debating with another poster, that I can’t recall his forum name, his Fisher and players can do no wrong takes while this team thru up on themselves week after week.

Again you should recall why I told you a few months ago why I’m as positive as I’ve been with this team the past 3 years. Again when all said and done this group has players that will go down as some of the best ever for this organization including Gurley. And if you recall once I said such you said when you state it the way I did it’s hard not to agree with me. Again 35-17, 3 straight winning seasons, and a Super Bowl appearance in my books warrants such respect. We as fans have been entertained damn well by this group after being provided crap to watch for a hell of along time before this group came together under McVay.
so , the lack of touches for gurley was ALL on mcvay and his playcalling ? I don't think so .http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... load-in-19

I remember I read everywhere that gurley would be on LOAD management program , and to me , it is pretty clear that his limited touches were a result of that load management . ALthought mcvya kept insisting gurley was NOT on a load management program , we all know he was lying , every reporter that covered the rams during off season and last season said gurley was on a pitch COUNT even when training .

The rams might not admit it 100 % .....anyway ..... How many times did they say they went away from him because of the game plan. You don’t game plan not to use your best offensive player. There’s no upside in telling the truth anymore. Lie and pretend you never make any mistakes. If there are no consequences, why not.

About your usual stance , I can understand giving credits to mcvay and company for the past 3 years , after all , 1 playoff appearance , 1 sb apperance and 1 season so so but with 9-7 is not bad. So the overall is good , of course. But that doesn't mean they were perfect during those 3 years , that doesn't mean the gm didn't fuck up with some decisions , that doesn't mean coaches didn't fuck up during games , that doesn't mean players that were supposed to play REALLY well didn't meet expectations . Despite 3 good seasons , they were not perfect and there were ( and are ) many flaws in many areas , if they were perfect we would have 3 super bowls by now . They are all doing their jobs and nobody is perfect at their jobs , so the ultra protective stance towards the players , coaches etc is what I don't get . But hey , like I said , it is all good , we can just agree to disagree sometimes as long as we are ,always ,respectfully , doing so .



User avatar
zackn
Veteran
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm
Contact:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:22 am

toast49 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:10 pm
They have to find a way forward that matches his production to his compensation. Restructure maybe. What teams would he like to be traded to maybe.
That's business for the agent. You don't negotiate with a player (unless the doesn't have an agent.) And the Rams know what they can and cannot do. If by "restructure" you mean a pay cut, that's just not likely.

If they CAN'T find a way to match "his production to his compensation" then they can't. And more than likely, that is the case (I would be surprised if it turns out otherwise).

...



ocram23
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3558
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:50 am

zackn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:22 am
toast49 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:10 pm
They have to find a way forward that matches his production to his compensation. Restructure maybe. What teams would he like to be traded to maybe.
That's business for the agent. You don't negotiate with a player (unless the doesn't have an agent.) And the Rams know what they can and cannot do. If by "restructure" you mean a pay cut, that's just not likely.

If they CAN'T find a way to match "his production to his compensation" then they can't. And more than likely, that is the case (I would be surprised if it turns out otherwise).

...
restructure does not mean a paycut. the payer still gets the money he just gets it differently i.e. 1 or 2 years later.



User avatar
zackn
Veteran
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm
Contact:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:12 am

ocram23 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:50 am
zackn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:22 am
toast49 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:10 pm
They have to find a way forward that matches his production to his compensation. Restructure maybe. What teams would he like to be traded to maybe.
That's business for the agent. You don't negotiate with a player (unless the doesn't have an agent.) And the Rams know what they can and cannot do. If by "restructure" you mean a pay cut, that's just not likely.

If they CAN'T find a way to match "his production to his compensation" then they can't. And more than likely, that is the case (I would be surprised if it turns out otherwise).

...
restructure does not mean a paycut. the payer still gets the money he just gets it differently i.e. 1 or 2 years later.
Well yeah I know what restructure means. But some don't. Some think it means a paycut. In fact that's a common error. I was trying to find out what the poster I responded to meant by it. It looked like they meant paycut--that;s how I read the line about compensation matching production. If that's not what was meant, then mea culpa.

The problem with a real restructure, where money gets moved around, is that you take cap space away from the future.

As it stands right now according to overthecap.com if they cut Gurley in 2021, they still have dead money, but they save 4.8 M. If you take TG's contract in 2020 and move money around to save some space, depending how you did it, that could wipe out the savings in 2021.

....



ocram23
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3558
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:25 am

zackn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:12 am
ocram23 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:50 am
zackn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:22 am


That's business for the agent. You don't negotiate with a player (unless the doesn't have an agent.) And the Rams know what they can and cannot do. If by "restructure" you mean a pay cut, that's just not likely.

If they CAN'T find a way to match "his production to his compensation" then they can't. And more than likely, that is the case (I would be surprised if it turns out otherwise).

...
restructure does not mean a paycut. the payer still gets the money he just gets it differently i.e. 1 or 2 years later.
Well yeah I know what restructure means. But some don't. Some think it means a paycut. In fact that's a common error. I was trying to find out what the poster I responded to meant by it. It looked like they meant paycut--that;s how I read the line about compensation matching production. If that's not what was meant, then mea culpa.

The problem with a real restructure, where money gets moved around, is that you take cap space away from the future.

As it stands right now according to overthecap.com if they cut Gurley in 2021, they still have dead money, but they save 4.8 M. If you take TG's contract in 2020 and move money around to save some space, depending how you did it, that could wipe out the savings in 2021.

....
true you have to rob peter to pay paul sort of speak. it's about winning now for the Rams. they are going to do whatever it takes to win now IMO.



NorCal RF
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm
Contact:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:22 am

Jumping in you just can’t IMO kick any of Gurley's salary “down the road”. Rams are currently in a it is what it is with his salary for the 2020 season so you deal with it with him on the roster. Same with Cooks but that it is what it is extends thru 2021. That contract is the “crazy” one.

Their two contracts aside I think oc this team is set up to be ok for more than just now. They are still very young whether we talk about Goff, the TE’s, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey, etc........ This isn’t a old roster. And you have an OL that at least on paper is also very young. Now whether or not that unit gets it together is an entirely different subject but big picture I think a lot of thought has been put in by staff in projecting a roster past the next year or two.



ocram23
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3558
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:16 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:22 am
Jumping in you just can’t IMO kick any of Gurley's salary “down the road”. Rams are currently in a it is what it is with his salary for the 2020 season so you deal with it with him on the roster. Same with Cooks but that it is what it is extends thru 2021. That contract is the “crazy” one.

Their two contracts aside I think oc this team is set up to be ok for more than just now. They are still very young whether we talk about Goff, the TE’s, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey, etc........ This isn’t a old roster. And you have an OL that at least on paper is also very young. Now whether or not that unit gets it together is an entirely different subject but big picture I think a lot of thought has been put in by staff in projecting a roster past the next year or two.
yeah I think everything is going to depend on the O line next year. I think the Cooks contract is nuts too



dieterbrock
Bench Warmer
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:08 pm
Contact:

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:25 am

So, “about” that thread title....
Jeesh



brasilrams
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm
Contact:

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:35 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:17 pm
@ brasil

Team doctor? When did a Ram team doctor this past year say if he carries the balk x amount of times he would completely be bleeped up physically?

The entire production/ salary/ should now take less / etc we will yes just disagree. No need to continue discussing.

I have no problem with how you currently view my takes. That being said I’m not sure how long you have been in here. If for more than the McVay era then you should know I was quite hard on the Fisher era as well as some players. Even before Fisher. I was constantly debating with another poster, that I can’t recall his forum name, his Fisher and players can do no wrong takes while this team thru up on themselves week after week.

Again you should recall why I told you a few months ago why I’m as positive as I’ve been with this team the past 3 years. Again when all said and done this group has players that will go down as some of the best ever for this organization including Gurley. And if you recall once I said such you said when you state it the way I did it’s hard not to agree with me. Again 35-17, 3 straight winning seasons, and a Super Bowl appearance in my books warrants such respect. We as fans have been entertained damn well by this group after being provided crap to watch for a hell of along time before this group came together under McVay.



User avatar
zackn
Veteran
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm
Contact:

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:10 am

Are you posting Mike Florio as evidence of something? There aren't that many analysts who are as wrong about the Rams as often as M. Florio is. That piece basically consists of him speculating his butt off---so he keeps telling us what he "believes."

The Rams have no leverage in this. They can't cut him without a big cap penalty, and no one is going to trade for him. If the Rams actually do propose a pay cut, TG simply has to refuse.



ocram23
Pro-bowler
Posts: 3558
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Contact:

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:49 am

zackn wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:10 am
Are you posting Mike Florio as evidence of something? There aren't that many analysts who are as wrong about the Rams as often as M. Florio is. That piece basically consists of him speculating his butt off---so he keeps telling us what he "believes."

The Rams have no leverage in this. They can't cut him without a big cap penalty, and no one is going to trade for him. If the Rams actually do propose a pay cut, TG simply has to refuse.
agree. TG is not going to take a pay cut so anyone thinking that needs to get a reality check. The fact that all this speculation is out there tells me someone within the Rams organization leaked something. I think it is obvious the Rams would love to get out of this contract but it ain't happening any time soon.



User avatar
zackn
Veteran
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm
Contact:

Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:23 am

ocram23 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:49 am
[
agree. TG is not going to take a pay cut so anyone thinking that needs to get a reality check. The fact that all this speculation is out there tells me someone within the Rams organization leaked something. I think it is obvious the Rams would love to get out of this contract but it ain't happening any time soon.
I doubt anyone leaked anything. Especially to Florio. I think what we're seeing is just rampant speculation, period.



Post Reply
Rate this topic
  • Information