We lost a Rams brother

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 pm

Two weeks ago we lost a Rams brother who is also my brother. He left this world unexpectedly at the age of 52 leaving behind a family who loved him dearly including a wife and two daughters age 7 and 5. His death was caused by a sudden health issue.

He was most of us as a diehard fan of this team. Never missed a game and this team was apart of his life 12 months a year. Mind you never a poster in this forum but as big of a fan as there was. His past job for 20+ years, he was VP for a corporate sponsor of the NFL, afforded him the opportunity to meet and talk one on one with Ram greats when they played that one game in Europe every year. Greats like Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt. I have those pictures of him and them that meant so much to him and now take on a special meaning to me.

Personally these last 3 weeks, he was in a induced coma for a week before he passed, has been beyond imaginable in regards to the pain. Couldn’t do anything, including coming onto this site which you all know is a daily thing with me, because I have been beyond lost. He was the person I watched every Ram game with the past 3 years once him and his family moved back to the Bay Area here in NorCal. He was the person I went to every Niner/Ram game with up here every year plus the Raiders those few times we play them. Even when in Europe he flew over here every year for the niner/Ram game. We had said we were going to our first game at SoFI this year and were waiting on the schedule to come out to determine the game. We had just two weeks earlier text nonstop about the draft those 3 days. Like I said this team meant so much to him. He meant so much to us.

DMRamFan
Starter

Fri May 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Sorry NorCal, we're all w ya on this. I too have two daughters ages 3-5, and after reading this it brought tears to eyes. I didn't know your friend personally, but we all feel the pain... not only as a Ram brother but most importantly, that he was a father as well.

We lost one of us. Stay strong for that family NorCal, they need the strength. And come on here if you ever need strength from us, We WILL rally for you.

Prove me wrong

harkin
Pro-bowler

Fri May 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Condolences to family & friends.

52 is way too young.

ram_attack
Starter

Fri May 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Really sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds as if this was something out of the blue and I'm sure it was a shock to all of you. Know that plenty of Ram fans are thinking of you and the rest of his family in this time. God bless.

Rammer
Pro-bowler

Fri May 22, 2020 1:18 pm

So sorry for your loss, Norcal RF. Thanks for sharing.

sanbagger
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 1:20 pm

This is truly a tragedy, losing time with family way too early. I send prayers to you and your brothers family...this is a time for family bonding and staying strong for his young ones.

Rams games may never be the same for you but it will be a time you can start a new way you and your brother share your love for the Rams...he'll be watching.

Stay strong Norcal

Slickjack
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Heart wrenching, I am so sorry for your loss as well as to his family and the Ramily community.

Commish
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 1:36 pm

Condolences over your loss, your brother was obviously an intensive Rams fan, I'm certain he will be greatly missed, in that role and in his personal one with your family.

--The Commish

UHURA: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

ElAcky
Pro-bowler

Fri May 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Sorry to hear that.. 52 is very young

Hope he made it to a better place.

Yorkshire Ram
Bench Warmer

Fri May 22, 2020 1:54 pm

Heartfelt condolences to both you and your family. Your brother sounds like a great man who you've lost way too soon. Stay strong.

NorCal RF
Pro-bowler

Fri May 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Link to a tribute for my brother from an old friend and teammate that I’d like to share. I appreciate all the kind words.

https://www.starherald.com/opinion/colu ... 0f128.html

Ants
Pro-bowler

Fri May 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Sorry for your loss.

The LA Rams - Making the NFL Great Again! 8-)

Raminec
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Very sorry for your loss. I lost my brother years ago due to a heart attack when he was only 49. The unexpected loss of a loved one really staggered the whole family but in time we were able to heal and remember all the good times we shared. We were both Rams fans but he loved George Allen and became a Redskin fan after the Rams fired him. We went to the 1974 Rams vs Redskins playoff game at the Coliseum that turned on the Isiah Robertson 59 yard interception return for a touchdown that led to a Rams victory. My brother’s Rams love returned in the moment and he was cheering along with the other 80,000 + Rams fans. I will always remember him in that moment as I am sure you have Rams moments that will spark memories of the great times with your brother. My condolences for your loss.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 3:04 pm

So sorry to hear of the loss to you and family. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you right now. Like others have said, 52 is far too young. May he be in peace. My heart goes out to his children. Likewise, too young to lose a parent. God Bless.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss NorCal. I cannot imagine the feeling of losing someone who you had such a bond with. Not only was he your brother, but he was also a Rams brother, and someone whom you shared one of life’s great passions with in football. My heart goes out to you my friend. Glad to have you back. I hope you will continue to post as you are one of the really good posters on this forum. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Old Goat
Rookie

Fri May 22, 2020 3:52 pm

I am really sorry to hear this. I have a similar relationship with my only brother, and can't imagine your pain or what you are going through.

I wish the best for you.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 3:58 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Link to a tribute for my brother from an old friend and teammate that I’d like to share. I appreciate all the kind words.

That’s very deep. A good phrase to live by. We all let things get in the way and forget to enjoy the things that God has given to help us enjoy life.

Claremontram
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Norcal:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. I lost one of my brothers two years ago and it was a terrible blow.

Remember and cherish the good times and memories.

Take care.

Rams57
Bench Warmer

Fri May 22, 2020 4:49 pm

Sorry for your loss. God bless.

VIRGINIARAM68
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 pm

Sorry for your loss. May God be with you and family. "There are Rams in Heaven".

armyram
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 5:26 pm

NorCal, I’m truly sorry to hear the sad news. I lost my twin brother years ago, at the age of 11. I’m 53 now, never a day goes by when I don’t think about him. I often wonder what would and could of been and the times we may have had. So I can’t imagine the hurt if it was today. My thoughts are with you and your family.

29TheBest
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 7:23 pm

NorCal RF wrote:

Very Nice tribute NoCal!! I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It hardly seems fair when these things happen, but he must have been needed for a bigger cause!!! My prayers go out to his wife and children and you and the rest of your family and the many friends who will miss him. Just remember you and he and his family are part of our family here and we will be here for all of you!!!

RGtheFirst
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 8:05 pm

Sorry to hear, that’s awesome to have been able to share your love for the Rams with each other...

bigklein
Veteran

Fri May 22, 2020 8:16 pm

NorCal, I’m so sorry to hear this. I’ve actually stayed away from this site and many others over the past two weeks because my dad (an old NY Giants fan) died unexpectedly in Upstate NY, but he was thirty years older than your poor brother. I flew from SF to Albany as soon as my mother called. The pandemic context can make death and grieving that much more surreal: the distancing, the masks, the empty airports... If you want someone to watch a game with, just reach out. Take care.

Rate this topic
  • Information