Some good NFL players are gonna get Cut By Teams

Rate this topic
Discussion & News On The Los Angeles Rams
RadRacerRams
Veteran

Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:30 am

The Rams should be able to pick up some good Players on the Cheap..... :P

Go RAMS : get a good player who's over 30 do a 2 or 3 year deal.....and Save Salary cap money hit.......!!! 8-)

malibu
Veteran

Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:37 am

Like who? Most good to really good to amazing players all will cost. Money talks with every player minus some that have made a ton and maybe want a ring.

Doubt this will help the Rams, it is true a good deal of players will be let go, but there are teams with massive better cap situations than ours unfortunately. Like Floyd we need to find those under the radar ascending types that we can afford. The cap lowering by my guess at least 10m and possibly higher with our huge dead money gives us very little room other than a lot of restructuring.

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:08 am

malibu wrote:
Like who? Most good to really good to amazing players all will cost. Money talks with every player minus some that have made a ton and maybe want a ring.

Doubt this will help the Rams, it is true a good deal of players will be let go, but there are teams with massive better cap situations than ours unfortunately. Like Floyd we need to find those under the radar ascending types that we can afford. The cap lowering by my guess at least 10m and possibly higher with our huge dead money gives us very little room other than a lot of restructuring.
Man you don't know anything about re-writing Contracts to free up Cap Money :?: :shock: I mean really..... you just saw the Rams get JRAM-20 right.... it was a trade but they still found a way to pay him........ :!:

There will be a few guys out there who have 2 or 3 years left in them ......!!! Teams have to get below the Cap you just saw a JJ Watt get cut and Denver just cut a DT......!! Were not gonna get a JJ Watt most likely Unless the RAMS want him no matter what , but we can find some good players out there......and after Snead gets done Re-Writing Contracts we'll have some cap money to bring Guys in........!!!

Go RAMS : Write Away Snead

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:24 am

Lots of interesting names that could be released look to be bargains.
Let's watch who gets let go over the next few weeks.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

99rams
Veteran

Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:30 am

RadRacerRams wrote:
malibu wrote:

Man you don't know anything about re-writing Contracts to free up Cap Money :?: :shock: I mean really..... you just saw the Rams get JRAM-20 right.... it was a trade but they still found a way to pay him........ :!:

There will be a few guys out there who have 2 or 3 years left in them ......!!! Teams have to get below the Cap you just saw a JJ Watt get cut and Denver just cut a DT......!! Were not gonna get a JJ Watt most likely Unless the RAMS want him no matter what , but we can find some good players out there......and after Snead gets done Re-Writing Contracts we'll have some cap money to bring Guys in........!!!

I’d have to agree with Malibu. We are screwed on our Cap numbers. No top or even 2nd tier players will conme cheap and forcing your hand to rewrite contracts leads to bad blood. It can work but not often in the long term. We’ll end up taking a shot on players with potential who haven’t made any waves since college. PO-tential boom or bust.

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Hall of Famer

Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:37 am

Texans just released their Center, Nick Martin. We should strongly consider him.

Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in Beautiful Brooklyn, NY....

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:41 am

99rams wrote:
RadRacerRams wrote:
malibu wrote:

I’d have to agree with Malibu. We are screwed on our Cap numbers. No top or even 2nd tier players will conme cheap and forcing your hand to rewrite contracts leads to bad blood. It can work but not often in the long term. We’ll end up taking a shot on players with potential who haven’t made any waves since college. PO-tential boom or bust.
I think this is a pessimistic viewpoint and not really based in reality.

The Rams can almost erase their cap-deficit by extending Stafford by a year or two. If you tell me that's a risk after they spent two future round picks on him, I'll tell you that it's a risk they will take.

Robert Woods has a very team friendly contract.. as does Cooper Kupp.. and the Donald contract has great flexibilty to restructure.

They could also make a trade to reduce some cap concern.. Brockers and Havenstein are the two most mentioned names. I don't love this idea.

I'd be dumping Kenny Young, Micah Kiser and Brian Allen to open up about $4 million.

Also.. we still don't know the actual cap number.

3-24-16

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:43 am

Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Texans just released their Center, Nick Martin. We should strongly consider him.
Over Blythe? Why?
If he's dirt cheap and you're also drafting one, I guess that would be a possibility. He wasn't better than Blythe this year.. was never overpowering.. and got dumped by a team that won 4 games.

3-24-16

Mike Schad 1st Rd
Hall of Famer

Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:56 am

Dick84 wrote:
Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Over Blythe? Why?
If he's dirt cheap and you're also drafting one, I guess that would be a possibility. He wasn't better than Blythe this year.. was never overpowering.. and got dumped by a team that won 4 games.
Just saying that its debatable that he may be better than Blythe. Maybe.

Proud supporter of Los Angeles/St. Louis/Los Angeles Ram Football since 1974 in Beautiful Brooklyn, NY....

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:16 am

Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:56 am
Dick84 wrote:
Mike Schad 1st Rd wrote:
Over Blythe? Why?
Just saying that its debatable that he may be better than Blythe. Maybe.
Might be. Certainly wasn't this year and he'd have to learn a new team and system.
Me? I'd try to bring Blythe back while also drafting one. I don't think any of us think Allen can be anything, so, at worst, you're drafting a backup.. but hopefully a future starter.

3-24-16

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:20 am

99rams wrote:
RadRacerRams wrote:
malibu wrote:

You really need to go get yourself Educated about how to work the Salary cap , how to re-write Contracts to wipe out salary cap debt , how the Up front Play Bonus money , lowers the cap hit .... how the league can only get a MAX 1/5 salary cap charge of that bonus money per season , and how if Snead wanted to he could rewrite every Rams players Contract and pick up between 50-75 Million in cap money this season.......I got to say this ..... if someone has no Knowledge about something DON'T agree with somebody WHO hasn't educated themselves either......I mean if Malibu was Gonna jump off a cliff would you Follow him off the cliff also.... :?: ? :(

Go RAMS : For Example : if the RAMS WANT JJ WATT on the team No Matter What :arrow: HE WILL BE IN RAMS HORNS.......and that is FACT :!: :!: that was an Example folks :!:

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:11 pm

malibu wrote:

Impossible to say "who" yet. Teams don't have to be under the cap until Mar 17, but you can bet talent will be cut, and these guys will have decisions to make. Either take what's being offered, or sign up for unemployment. My guess is they'll pass on the unemployment line.

malibu
Veteran

Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:14 pm

RadRacerRams wrote:
malibu wrote:

I totally get the cap and rewriting contracts, but we are already starting with a massive cap/dead money deficit we must overcome, then carve out money for some of our own FAs who will be getting a raise like DWill and possibly others.

There are 31 teams vying for each FA potentially and 20+ that have more money to spend then we do - some with significantly more money at their disposal. So it is disengenious to tell others Snead can just make it happen very wishful thinking. The players have to agree to the restructure of their contract and the teams long-term goals must also work for management with those contracts.

I like everyone else want us to sign for example a Lindsey, maybe a Guard upgrade, DE etc. That is why I have been advocating that the Cap should NOT go down this year Covid was no one's fault so why penalize the team or the FA players. Every year it normally goes up 5-10m if that was the case we would not be starting at a deficit like we currently project to be. Even if the Cap didn't go up but stood pat at 198m it would help us massively.

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:24 pm

malibu wrote:
RadRacerRams wrote:
malibu wrote:

I totally get the cap and rewriting contracts, but we are already starting with a massive cap/dead money deficit we must overcome, then carve out money for some of our own FAs who will be getting a raise like DWill and possibly others.

There are 31 teams vying for each FA potentially and 20+ that have more money to spend then we do - some with significantly more money at their disposal. So it is disengenious to tell others Snead can just make it happen very wishful thinking. The players have to agree to the restructure of their contract and the teams long-term goals must also work for management with those contracts.

I like everyone else want us to sign for example a Lindsey, maybe a Guard upgrade, DE etc. That is why I have been advocating that the Cap should NOT go down this year Covid was no one's fault so why penalize the team or the FA players. Every year it normally goes up 5-10m if that was the case we would not be starting at a deficit like we currently project to be. Even if the Cap didn't go up but stood pat at 198m it would help us massively.

Not worried at all Like i said if the Rams like a Player they will out bid everybody to get him ......!! 2nd tier Guys don't want to be Cut , they wantta be on a team ......!!!Snead will Have NO PROBLEM re-writing Guys .....there still getting there money it's just there getting it a lot Fast by getting a big bonus.....Donald and Jram20 rewrites will take care of the Cap deficit.... after they rewrite Stafford the Rams could be up by 15-20 mill in the salary cap .... Like I said you don't know what your talking about ......!!

Truth
Starter

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:16 am

Cap numbers are based on revenues split fixed %s in the CBA between the players/owners.

There’s really no getting around the overall number. Both the players/owners are getting the same splits as the past. Just the pie is smaller due to no fan attendance.

It’d be unfair to teams way under the cap to let teams that are way over go on with higher numbers just bc of an unforeseen circumstances

malibu wrote:
RadRacerRams wrote:
malibu wrote:

malibu
Veteran

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:15 am

Truth wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:16 am

I get how the Cap is projected, but this year (covid) couldn't have been seen. To get around the formula, I think the union gets together with the owners and creates an amendment for the 2021 season only.

I total disagree with your pov that it is not fair to teams who are under the Cap, because if it was a normal year the Cap would be where I said it was 5-10m potentially higher than the current 198m not 180m floor with some same max 185m that is upwards of a 20m + swing. Teams under the cap more than likely are not great stewards of their finances they just don't have much or any dead cap money on the books and most of all probably have a very inexpensive QB on his first deal or a journeyman as a starter.

Btw dead cap money is not always the fault of the team. Gurley knee became an issue, Watson, Wentz and possibly Wilson don't want to play for their respective teams - are these the teams at fault - not exactly. Sometimes dead cap money is just based on circumstances that don't go in the favor of the team.

Lastly if the cap goes up it helps every team. One team with a lot of cap space isn't hurt by it anymore than another they just have more to spend. This is my point no one should be hurt by Covid not the owners, not the FA or have to be cut players, or the fans because your team can't field as good of a team as they would in a normal year. No one could have forseen covid, so how could they have planned a season or two prior to mitigate it? Not fair.

Cap numbers are based on revenues split fixed %s in the CBA between the players/owners.

There’s really no getting around the overall number. Both the players/owners are getting the same splits as the past. Just the pie is smaller due to no fan attendance.

It’d be unfair to teams way under the cap to let teams that are way over go on with higher numbers just bc of an unforeseen circumstances

malibu wrote:
RadRacerRams wrote:

LARAMFAN52
Veteran

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:31 am

Well they should be able to but honestly

What player in their right mind would want to play for the RAMS in these nasty ass UNIFORMS???

Hey DUMBOFF,why did you do this to us ??

How could you let this happen KROENKE????

This is a disgrace of HUGE proportions

Cmon KEVIN DEMOFF change the uniforms and thisken the horns now or face the mighty wrath of mine and my 1000 internet warriors friends who will make you pay dearly for your crimes against humanity with these sacriligously satanic uniforms you devil worshipping bastards

LARAMFAN52
Veteran

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:32 am

What player in their right mind would want to play for the RAMS in these nasty ass UNIFORMS???

Cmon KEVIN DEMOFF change the uniforms and thisken the horns now or face the mighty wrath of mine and my 1000 internet warriors friends who will make you pay dearly for your crimes against humanity with these sacriligously satanic uniforms you devil worshipping bastards

LARAMFAN52
Veteran

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:33 am

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:55 am

LARAMFAN52 wrote:

Haven't seen someone this obsessed with clothing since the first day of high school.

3-24-16

D-GenerationX
Veteran

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:31 am

Dick84 wrote:
LARAMFAN52 wrote:

Haven't seen someone this obsessed with clothing since the first day of high school.
Hahahahaha

It's got to be a wind up. No one could be this legitimately concerned with this.

A Uniform Will Not Make A Stop On Third Down.

A Logo Will Not Make A Tough Catch Over The Middle.

Smarten Up.

ElAcky
Hall of Famer

Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:27 am

D-GenerationX wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:31 am
Dick84 wrote:
LARAMFAN52 wrote:

Hahahahaha

It's got to be a wind up. No one could be this legitimately concerned with this.
I realised a while ago that its best not to talk about the uniforms as it jump starts a nutty set of posts.

Rate this topic
  • Information