Tavon isn't very good

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

Ram Man
Starter

Sat May 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Has caught only SIX passes thrown to him when running either a post or a go-route. And that's in 4 seasons!

HighDesertRam
Starter

Sat May 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Agreed, he can run but thats about it, even when he catches the ball keep your fingers crossed he doesnt fumble

69RamFan
Pro-bowler

Sat May 06, 2017 6:49 pm

I say its more than just TA, when has he had a QB that can get him the rock in a deep pattern besides in his first year? After his first year, we had Davis, and Keenum both had weak arms and not very accurate...

2nd, look at the OC's we had, that called the same plays and you knew what was coming. Opponent defense would stack the box cause we didn't have a QB that could get the balls out to our WRs or a cohesive O-line to block. I watched some of the plays that were called, and was wondering who called that play for the O-line blocking scheme? It was pathetic....

I say there were plenty of blame to go around, starting with the Coaching staff and play calling.

Lets see what the new coaching staff can do, and If I don't see improvement, by all means, I'll be just a tough criticizing the team.

RamFanFor55
Veteran

Sat May 06, 2017 7:18 pm

Ram Man wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 5:56 pm
Has caught only SIX passes thrown to him when running either a post or a go-route. And that's in 4 seasons!

Hey, I don't know what the heck you EXPECT?? The guy only re-signed for $42 freakin' MILLION dollars, and, after all, he does also return PUNTS!!

rong
Starter

Sat May 06, 2017 7:30 pm

He's not very smart either.

lynyrdsghost
Starter

Sat May 06, 2017 7:50 pm

JMO and I hope I'm wrong but I can't see TA on the Rams in 2018. He's kind of a Jack of all trades, master of none guy that makes way too much money. I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him as a good fit in this offense.

Ramborumble
Veteran

Sat May 06, 2017 8:28 pm

Yeah, on how many catchable balls? Funny, but I've been saying since his rookie year they should use this guy on the post route 3 x per game minimum, yet instead they use him underneath and on outside routes. Tavon imo will excel in the Djax role, he actually can catch the deep ball and do it well. Pull up his tape. Fisher's moronic play callers couldn't have done a worse job with this guy.

Massimo
Starter

Mon May 08, 2017 7:16 am

Goff will never have enough protection to see if Tavon can actually do anything, but his contract extension was downright silly. Tavon is no Desean Jackson. He has bad hands, runs bad routes and makes questionable decisions.

crazy-legs
Veteran

Mon May 08, 2017 8:27 am

I don't think we can judge anyone on last years performance or even the the last 5 years. The O was downright pathetic. Austin could have a breakout year or he'll continue to run the wrong routes and drop the ball. Time will tell which one it is. This I do know though. McVay will put him in position to utilize his strengths - something few Rams on O would say has happened over the last 5 years...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

RamPower
Veteran

Mon May 08, 2017 8:42 am

Massimo wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 7:16 am
Goff will never have enough protection to see if Tavon can actually do anything, but his contract extension was downright silly. Tavon is no Desean Jackson. He has bad hands, runs bad routes and makes questionable decisions.
Based on potential (unpopular word, but what else would projections be based on?), our O-line could certainly be NFL average this year via new coaching staff and player acquisition. The tougher part of the equation IMO is the development of our young QB.

Regardless, Tavon is no Desean Jackson? I would agree, though Tavon might have some superior skill-sets as well. But even Desean Jackson is clearly no Desean Jackson if placed into the Fisher offense we've watched Tavon exist in during his career…

LA Champ
Bench Warmer

Mon May 08, 2017 9:41 am

We shall see :ugeek: