Rams Stadium Progress - Live Camera Feed

by Uplandram2 » 08 May 2017, 09:12

LA RAMS FANS FORUM FACEBOOK PAGE

https://www.facebook.com/LARamsFansForum
    Ramit85
    Rookie

Re: Rams Stadium Progress - Live Camera Feed

by Ramit85 » 08 May 2017, 20:26

The best view of the construction is from the south facing and east facing cameras. It's now apparent that most of the rotary drilling is complete. These are seen as boards on the ground near the eastern footings (to left). Many of the concrete footings on the north, and east perimeter have been constructed. The southern footings are under construction.
    Attachments
    20170508southstadiumcam.jpg
    20170508southstadiumcam.jpg (77.03 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
    Uplandram2
    Site Admin
    Role: Resident Cocksman

by Uplandram2 » 08 May 2017, 22:23

Guys. Go to John Kays youtube channel which is linked and give him a big thanks. Tell him you're from the forum. He is going out to the site personally to do reporting.

• 24/7ramsfan

by 24/7ramsfan » 09 May 2017, 18:44

Guys. Go to John Kays youtube channel which is linked and give him a big thanks. Tell him you're from the forum. He is going out to the site personally to do reporting.
    I don't like the idea of it having a roof. I see no need for it. It is going to be one giant billboard for LAX traffic. Please get rid of the roof.
    Ramit85
    Rookie

by Ramit85 » 12 May 2017, 13:59

This is the latest visible change in stadium construction. If I'm not mistaken this ramp down is the VIP entrance.
    Attachments
    VIP_entrance.jpg
    VIP_entrance.jpg (115.78 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
    Ramit85
    Rookie

by Ramit85 » 12 May 2017, 14:07

Other notable changes are the creation of two trenches. Both are on the north side of the excavation. One runs north - south, and the other arcs along the northwestern side. It is apparent that there were pilings holes drilled in these locations as there is rebar sticking out.
    Attachments
    north_trench.jpg
    north_trench.jpg (133.71 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
    Ramit85
    Rookie

by Ramit85 » 12 May 2017, 16:55

Also new are these long support column rebars on the southeastern side. These must be either for the stands or the roof.
    Attachments
    Support Columns.jpg
    Support Columns.jpg (146.47 KiB) Viewed 1644 times
  • Pj50
    Rookie

by Pj50 » 12 May 2017, 23:32

This is awesome

A brand new stadium for my Los Angeles Rams in Los Angeles,a dream coming true for me and I get to monitor progress

I'm a happy camper,thanks to all you who are providing this look,I appreciate you
    Ramit85
    Rookie

by Ramit85 » 14 May 2017, 12:50

Excavations for the western footings. These pits are the beginnings for the footing on the western side of the stadium. Presumably these will emanate columns that will support the roof or stands.
    Attachments
    Western footings excavation.jpg
    Western footings excavation.jpg (121.67 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
    Ramit85
    Rookie

by Ramit85 » 15 May 2017, 12:37

Piping being installed on the northeast side of the excavation. Either water or sewer mains. If it's sewer, there will need to be a pumping station to reach the street mains.
    Attachments
    sewer_main.jpg
    sewer_main.jpg (131.17 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
  • Ram Man
    Rookie

by Ram Man » 15 May 2017, 16:15

Maybe this thread can be pinned if it isn't already.
    UK Rams Fan
    Rookie

by UK Rams Fan » 16 May 2017, 07:50

Any chance someone can just pop down to the site and give the perspex dome protecting the camera a bit of a clean... Enarf dusty sometimes! :mrgreen:
  • Classic Rams
    Rookie

by Classic Rams » 16 May 2017, 08:03

Pretty cool seeing the construction underway.

And to think just a couple of years ago LA posters were being dissed on the PD for proclaiming that shovels were already in the ground, and yet here it is, and more! :mrgreen:
    http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/rams_lakers/media/rams/Rams-2017-banner-white.jpg.html]Image

Back in L.A.!
    Ignore list of clowns: Safety Putz, Massengil, 24/7RammedFag, Vinny the vegetable.
    UK Rams Fan
    Rookie

by UK Rams Fan » 16 May 2017, 08:27

So will this stadium be branded primarily for the Rams or equally 50/50 with the Chargers?
    The NY venue appears to be 50/50 focused. Take it it's not such a big deal to change the EZ's each week?

Is this our stadium and they're just leasing it from us or has Spanos coughed up half the dough for it's construction?
    Dick84
    Bench Warmer

by Dick84 » 16 May 2017, 09:09

So will this stadium be branded primarily for the Rams or equally 50/50 with the Chargers?
    The NY venue appears to be 50/50 focused. Take it it's not such a big deal to change the EZ's each week?

Is this our stadium and they're just leasing it from us or has Spanos coughed up half the dough for it's construction?
    It's Stan's stadium. I do believe the Rams get a couple hundred million for construction from the Chargers via the NFL loan program.. but that's pretty much it.
    Not sure what the "branding" will look like. Color scheme would be easy to feature blue prominently. The NY stadium is mostly gray concrete and they use lights to change the color scheme from the outside ... and they have rotating signs like the ones you used to see off the freeway.. that flip from Giants to Jets.

There will be screens all over the place that will help customize the game day experience, as well as maximize revenue.
    Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
    3-24-16
    UK Rams Fan
    Rookie

by UK Rams Fan » 16 May 2017, 09:22

It's Stan's stadium. I do believe the Rams get a couple hundred million for construction from the Chargers via the NFL loan program.. but that's pretty much it.
    Not sure what the "branding" will look like. Color scheme would be easy to feature blue prominently. The NY stadium is mostly gray concrete and they use lights to change the color scheme from the outside ... and they have rotating signs like the ones you used to see off the freeway.. that flip from Giants to Jets.

There will be screens all over the place that will help customize the game day experience, as well as maximize revenue.
    Hey, thanks for that D84. All makes sense..
    Ramit85
    Rookie

by Ramit85 » 16 May 2017, 09:25

Any chance someone can just pop down to the site and give the perspex dome protecting the camera a bit of a clean... Enarf dusty sometimes! :mrgreen:
    The north facing camera is dirty and badly misaligned. All of the other cameras are clean and in good working order. The east facing camera updates its high definition scan daily at around 1 PM PDT. Unfortunately the construction crew has moved scaffolding in front of this camera that partially obscures this camera's view. All of the other cameras do not regularly perform HD scans.
    Ramit85
    Rookie

by Ramit85 » 16 May 2017, 13:54

Now it is visible where the pipe is going. Also apparent is some of the shoring being used in some of the trenches (bottom, left-center)
    Attachments
    pipelaying.jpg
    pipelaying.jpg (144.81 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
    Ramit85
    Rookie

by Ramit85 » 16 May 2017, 14:05

I think these numerous green rectangular containers are dewatering equipment. The site's proximity to the ocean could make groundwater a problem. The bottom of the hole is likely below sea level.
    Attachments
    dewatering.jpg
    dewatering.jpg (122.46 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
    Uplandram2
    Site Admin

by Uplandram2 » 16 May 2017, 14:06

Now it is visible where the pipe is going. Also apparent is some of the shoring being used in some of the trenches (bottom, left-center)
    Nice to see fellow pipe layers doing the good deed. Can't lay it fast enough!

Ramit85
    Rookie

by Ramit85 » 16 May 2017, 18:59

Here's a little of that shoring going in. It looks as if there is a conduit system going into this trench, as seen to the lower left of the photo. There's more of it in the upper middle.

Now we know a little more about Upland. He handles pipe for a living.
    Attachments
    shoring.jpg
    shoring.jpg (141.89 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
    Uplandram2
    Site Admin

by Uplandram2 » 17 May 2017, 12:10

Here's a little of that shoring going in. It looks as if there is a conduit system going into this trench, as seen to the lower left of the photo. There's more of it in the upper middle.

Now we know a little more about Upland. He handles pipe for a living.
    Laying pipe is my main hobby. My dad is the original Uplandram. I just took #2 cause I didn't know what to come up with and I don't much care. I'm a network architect and I design bank networks. There is some stuff about me in the intro section of the forum here: http://laramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=10382

As for the conduit, they have a state of the art system going in for sure. Years ago I designed the first 4G network in London and Azerbaijan. Today, 5G is all the buzz and I expect that no state of the art stadium would be without it. That means in theory, you should have faster phone internet connectivity that what your house could do today...much much faster. You could stream 4k flawlessly and a ton of other things.

Funny how the hood is now an upscale location. Right down the street from there I knew some people years ago who were the victims of a drive by. I guess it will push all the gangs out, maybe.

Uplandram2
    Site Admin

by Uplandram2 » 18 May 2017, 05:23

Ramit85
    Rookie

by Ramit85 » 20 May 2017, 12:37

Funny how the hood is now an upscale location. Right down the street from there I knew some people years ago who were the victims of a drive by. I guess it will push all the gangs out, maybe.
    Inglewood seems like a very desirable location. It's close to the ocean, which helps quite a bit with the summer temperatures. It's close to downtown and very central to a number of key things such as the airport. And there are several nice looking neighborhoods in the city. It's always the bad stuff that give a city it's reputation. Everyone remembers the movie "Grand Canyon" when thinking about the area around The Fabulous Forum.
    Uplandram2
    Site Admin

by Uplandram2 » 21 May 2017, 09:43

Another new vid from John Kay