The Franchise QBs: Rank the top signal-callers in Rams history
  • RamBill
    Starter

by RamBill » 26 Jun 2017, 06:36

ESPN.com

With the NFL season near, we ask you to rank the best quarterbacks in every franchise's history. Check here to follow your favorite team's progress.
    We've identified the top all-time quarterbacks for every NFL team, and we're asking you to help us determine each signal-caller's place in franchise history.

Vote up or down on each of the Rams quarterbacks listed (with contextual numbers from ESPN Stats & Information) and check back Wednesday for the final fan ranking, plus the ranking of our Los Angeles NFL Nation reporter, Alden Gonzalez.

Go Vote Here:
    http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/ ... ms-history
    Rams News Now!
    All the Rams News of the Day
    http://www.rams-news.com
    LARAMSinFebruary
    Rookie

Re: The Franchise QBs: Rank the top signal-callers in Rams history

by LARAMSinFebruary » 26 Jun 2017, 20:41

Gabe played QB like a linebacker. It shortened his career and stats, but what a baller.
  • crazy-legs
    Bench Warmer

by crazy-legs » 27 Jun 2017, 12:51

I'd have Waterfield over Everett...

List is pretty slim IMO. After the 50's we've really only had 1 franchise QB as far as I'm concerned and that's the Great Kurt Warner. Still can't believe we traded him. To this day we're still trying to dig out of the hole Martz started...
    Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...
    69RamFan
    Bench Warmer

by 69RamFan » 27 Jun 2017, 18:09

List is pretty slim IMO. After the 50's we've really only had 1 franchise QB as far as I'm concerned and that's the Great Kurt Warner. Still can't believe we traded him. To this day we're still trying to dig out of the hole Martz started...
    I guess you were only a fan when they were in Stl to be saying KW was the only Franchise QB,,, and I speak highly of KW, but with those that were mention, are Franchise QBs..... Personal, a few of my favorites, were Roman Gabriel, the man was a big beast with an arm... and I enjoyed KW and I'm glad he made the HOF, now the RAMs need to retire his number too.....
  • crazy-legs
    Bench Warmer

by crazy-legs » 27 Jun 2017, 19:13

I guess you were only a fan when they were in Stl to be saying KW was the only Franchise QB,,, and I speak highly of KW, but with those that were mention, are Franchise QBs..... Personal, a few of my favorites, were Roman Gabriel, the man was a big beast with an arm... and I enjoyed KW and I'm glad he made the HOF, now the RAMs need to retire his number too.....
    In my 50's and have been a fan since I can remember. We had so many great teams in the 70's and early 80's only to fall short. We tried every freaking QB we could but nothing worked. We even brought in Broadway Joe for a go. Really was a fluke that Vince got us to the SB. That wasn't even close to being our best team during that decade...

I liked Gabreil too but he wasn't a top QB IMO. 2nd tier...
    Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...
    69RamFan
    Bench Warmer

by 69RamFan » 27 Jun 2017, 20:08

In my 50's and have been a fan since I can remember. We had so many great teams in the 70's and early 80's only to fall short. We tried every freaking QB we could but nothing worked. We even brought in Broadway Joe for a go. Really was a fluke that Vince got us to the SB. That wasn't even close to being our best team during that decade...

I liked Gabreil too but he wasn't a top QB IMO. 2nd tier...
    Not a top tier?, but he won the League MVP for one year, :lol: :lol: :lol:
    If by chance Gabriel had better skill offensive players on the team, and won a Super Bowl, he would of been a HOF too.
  • Commish
    Rookie

by Commish » 27 Jun 2017, 21:41

I'd go with this order:

{1} Norm van Brocklin
    {2} Kurt Warner
    {3} Bob Waterfield
    {4} Roman Gabriel
    {5} Marc Bulger
    {6} Jim Everett

Waterfield was the league's Most Valuable Player and led our team to an NFL title as a rookie in 1945, he also shared the QB spot with Van Brocklin during the Rams' '51 championship season--AFAIC he's in the "Big Three" of all-time QBs for the Good Guys... :) 8-) :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
    McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
    KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."
    69RamFan
    Bench Warmer

by 69RamFan » 27 Jun 2017, 23:26

I'd go with this order:

{1} Norm van Brocklin
    {2} Kurt Warner
    {3} Bob Waterfield
    {4} Roman Gabriel
    {5} Marc Bulger
    {6} Jim Everett

Waterfield was the league's Most Valuable Player and led our team to an NFL title as a rookie in 1945, he also shared the QB spot with Van Brocklin during the Rams' '51 championship season--AFAIC he's in the "Big Three" of all-time QBs for the Good Guys... :) 8-) :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
    I like your order: But I would of put Everett in front of Bulger....

If the RAMs would of resigned Dickerson, I believe Jim Everett would of been a better QB... and possible they could of won a SB too. But that's all wishful thinking on my behalf...
  • RamBill
    Starter

by RamBill » 28 Jun 2017, 08:36

The Franchise QBs: Finals rankings of the top signal-callers in Rams history

ESPN.com

The Franchise QBs: Final all-time rankings for all 32 teams
    How do your final rankings of the top quarterbacks in every team's history compare to ours?

We've identified the top all-time quarterbacks for every NFL team and asked our NFL Nation beat reporters -- and you, the fans -- to help us determine each signal-caller's place in franchise history.

What follows is the final ranking of the top quarterbacks in Rams history, both from our NFL Nation reporter and our final fan polling.

NFL Nation ranking:

1. Kurt Warner

2. Norm Van Brocklin

3. Bob Waterfield

4. Marc Bulger

5. Roman Gabriel

Read Complete Article
    http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/ ... ms-history
    sdram
    Bench Warmer

by sdram » 28 Jun 2017, 11:53

I'd go with this order:

{1} Norm van Brocklin
    {2} Kurt Warner
    {3} Bob Waterfield
    {4} Roman Gabriel
    {5} Marc Bulger
    {6} Jim Everett

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
    I agree with you Commish. Gabe should be ahead of Bulger for sure...then it's kind of a toss-up between Bulger and Everett. Everett and the Rams fell apart after the frisco fiasco. :x