by the numbers/random thoughts
  • Commish
    Rookie

Re: by the numbers/random thoughts

by Commish » 15 Jul 2017, 11:43

Kendricks?
    Earlier this week, Bill Belichick described Lance Kendricks as a "good clutch tight end."
    Well, that was clearly a "clutch play" for the Patriots, which I'm presuming is what Bill Belichick was referring to... :? :o :roll:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
    McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
    KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."
  • Cat-A-Ram
    Rookie

Re: by the numbers/random thoughts

by Cat-A-Ram » 15 Jul 2017, 21:41

I agree on the draft grades. I really thought we could of done better...

Could just be me but I would of taken Lamp in round 2 and Elflein in the 3rd. That would of shored up our Guard slot and taken care of the Center position for the next decade (we've only needed to draft a center for the last 10 years)...

IMO we already had enough slot guys and I wouldn't of taken the 4th best TE in the draft that early...

Goff is a mystery to most. I didn't see anything in him last year that makes me think he'll be a franchise QB. With that said I didn't see anyone on O last year who looked like they were keepers. How does Gurley go from NFC ROY to a has been? Change in blocking scheme? Players gave up on Fisher? I think everyone, including Goff, should get a pass for the last 5 years. This is the year to evaluate Tavon, Gurley, Goff etc. seeing how we'll be running a modern day NFL offense for the first time in 5 years...

Even if Wade leaves after a year or two (this could be his last stop) it's an upgrade over what we had and hopefully he has an understudy on his staff that is worthy of a promotion...

I agree that we should target high caliber players entering their second contract (Snead said that was his goal when hired) not old vets but it's hard to only get players going into their prime (money\cap, only so many available etc.). Whitworth wasn't a bad signing IMO he's just not a long term solution...

Plenty of players come after round 4. Teams that consistently hit on those picks (and by that I mean 50% at best) have solid rosters top to bottom...
    You do realize 1st round picks have a 50% bust rate and you want players after the 4th round to be this successful?