All or nothing on amazon soon.

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

toast49
Veteran

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:30 am

Should be an interesting movie to watch. Follows the Rams thru last season. Actually it might be hard to watch, but interesting anyway

Bumpy95
Bench Warmer

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Rams have been under the media microscope for several years. Might be time for them to lay low and play some fundamental football for a change. Stay out of the off field crap and start worrying about building something.

Pj50
Starter

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:26 pm

It's on right now

crazy-legs
Veteran

Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:40 am

I never watch Hard Knocks and I won't watch this. Though I initially supported the hiring of Fisher within 2 years I saw him for the fraud he was. He made me sick. I wouldn't devote 1 minute of my time watching that turd...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

banned450
Bench Warmer

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:44 am

Watched it yesterday and I thought it was a pretty good show!

Idaho_Ram
Starter

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:20 am

I always find these type of shows interesting, even when they are not about the Rams. The fact that it's' my favorite team is just a bonus.

Jack85Blood
Starter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:08 am

That Was Pretty Depressing until the final Episode "A New Hope"

CierraRam
Starter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:43 pm

I thought the final episode was the best as well. Seems to be quite a contrast with McVay over the Fisher regime. McVay totally in the middle of teaching the new system and explaining what he wants. The Fisher regime dropping MF bombs and F bombs at the top of their lungs. Fisher telling his players to amp up the aggressiveness part in a game after the ref just told him to have his players tone down the verbal assaults that came with it or they'd get flagged. Gee, and Fisher wondered why they got flagged nearly 10 times a game on a regular basis for four seasons. He usually said "we gotta reduce the penalties" on Monday. Is there little doubt that Fisher was the center of the teams problems across the board? Glad he's gone. The players may have loved him....he must have been like the kewl babysitter the kids could get away stuff with all of the time.. you know?

choop145
Bench Warmer

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:19 am

My main reason for watching this was to see if Goff was fighting to start, if he was a leader, if he was picking up the offense. I honestly didn't see any of it. I'm not a Goff hater. I wanted him to be our pick and the editors actually made Goffs season as a starter look like a minor success, which we all know it wasnt. Numerous times you hear the coaches asking Goff to pick up the intensity or they would ask him to explain to them what the play call was or if he understood and Goff never responded the way the coaches hoped. He would just say "yeah" and nod his head. I hope it's just rookie jitters. After watching that show and watching last season, I wouldn't hate a kurt Cousins swap. I hope im just wrong and impatient. But a leader skill is somethomg youre born with. I would know. I lead my div 5 co ed softball team to the championship in 2002.

Idaho_Ram
Starter

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:48 am

CierraRam wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:43 pm
I thought the final episode was the best as well. Seems to be quite a contrast with McVay over the Fisher regime. McVay totally in the middle of teaching the new system and explaining what he wants. The Fisher regime dropping MF bombs and F bombs at the top of their lungs. Fisher telling his players to amp up the aggressiveness part in a game after the ref just told him to have his players tone down the verbal assaults that came with it or they'd get flagged. Gee, and Fisher wondered why they got flagged nearly 10 times a game on a regular basis for four seasons. He usually said "we gotta reduce the penalties" on Monday. Is there little doubt that Fisher was the center of the teams problems across the board? Glad he's gone. The players may have loved him....he must have been like the kewl babysitter the kids could get away stuff with all of the time.. you know?

COMPLETELY agree with all of your thoughts on Fisher. Against my better judgement I'm allowing my 11 year old to watch this with me...partly for him to have exposure to foul mouthed coaches so he won't be shocked when he comes across it in real life (he's already been told by his baseball manager to "sit these motherf***ers down" while pitching...they're 11, man.)

Anyway Fisher and his regime have become a joke to our family while watching this. It's like what they lack in ability to instruct, encourage and coach-up, they try to make up for with copious amounts of foul language. We are only through episode 3, so I anxiously await the "New Hope" portion.

LARAMSinFebruary
Bench Warmer

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:57 am

choop145 wrote:
I wouldn't hate a kurt Cousins swap. I hope im just wrong and impatient. But a leader skill is somethomg youre born with.
Cousins isn't a crazy idea either; Redskins fans are wondering if a deal is going to get done by the 17th. They say it's 2018 9ers or Rams (Kyle or McVay) if not.

RE Goff, leadership comes in many different forms. I keep going back to his Cal performance--taking punishment while throwing lights out and turning the team around, etc.--to keep hope alive.

UtahRam
Bench Warmer

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:27 am

choop145 wrote:
But a leader skill is somethomg youre born with. I would know. I lead my div 5 co ed softball team to the championship in 2002.
Okay...LOL

rammingspeed
Bench Warmer

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 am

So I just finished watching this last night. One thing that really stuck out to me was the level of involvement of McVay during their practices compared to that of Fisher during his practices.

Fisher would just stand around and talk shit with some assistant or some kids and say things like "now that was an NFL pass!" or "we're gonna start the rookie this week, but we haven't told the starter yet".

McVay on the other hand is in the huddle, calling the plays (which are really long btw), really articulating the vision of each play for each player (e.g. shade that route underneath so that it looks like this other route), and his energy is through the roof. It's clear to me that the offensive players are actually going to get coaching this year, and hopefully Wade keeps the defense up to par. I think good things are ahead for us, not necessarily immediately playoff bound, but no more 4-12 or 7-9 either.

Also really refreshing in the last episode was the lack of F bombs being thrown around. I tell you what, after listening to Greg Williams and Fisher for a while I would definitely start tuning their act out because it gets old, real fast. Especially Williams, but Fisher was pretty bad too. Listening to McVay you can see that he gets his point across without needing to resort to false bravado or meaningless epithets.

CierraRam
Starter

Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:59 am

rammingspeed wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 am
So I just finished watching this last night. One thing that really stuck out to me was the level of involvement of McVay during their practices compared to that of Fisher during his practices.

Fisher would just stand around and talk shit with some assistant or some kids and say things like "now that was an NFL pass!" or "we're gonna start the rookie this week, but we haven't told the starter yet".

McVay on the other hand is in the huddle, calling the plays (which are really long btw), really articulating the vision of each play for each player (e.g. shade that route underneath so that it looks like this other route), and his energy is through the roof. It's clear to me that the offensive players are actually going to get coaching this year, and hopefully Wade keeps the defense up to par. I think good things are ahead for us, not necessarily immediately playoff bound, but no more 4-12 or 7-9 either.

Also really refreshing in the last episode was the lack of F bombs being thrown around. I tell you what, after listening to Greg Williams and Fisher for a while I would definitely start tuning their act out because it gets old, real fast. Especially Williams, but Fisher was pretty bad too. Listening to McVay you can see that he gets his point across without needing to resort to false bravado or meaningless epithets.
WORD!!

UK Rams Fan
Starter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Episode 8 gave me a warm feeling about our future that I haven't felt in a really long while. It game me goosebumps.
All Or Nothing season 2 blew away the travesty and embarrassment that was Hard Knocks season 11.