Rams Need a Bellinger
    Safety Blitz
    Rookie

Rams Need a Bellinger

by Safety Blitz » 30 Jun 2017, 10:48

Remember the good old days when the Rams, Lakers, and Dodgers were always in the hunt for crowns and titles? I do. Boy, do I. What fun days they were! Hard times have fallen on LA native fans like myself who have been privileged to behold the Showtime of the Lakers, the prowess of the GSOT, and many Dodger achievements.

Lately, not so much. In fact, take away the GSOT years in STL, and LA Rams haven't had much to cheer about locally for eons, Jim Buss destroyed the Lakers. Shaw, GF, and recently Fisher destroyed the Rams in LA fun.

Upper management and ownership matter. Thanks God we at least have an owner and HC who seems hell-bent on winning. Dodgers really scored when they replaced Mattingly with Roberts and hopefully the same will be said about the Rams McVay-Fisher move.

Cody Bellinger has been a spark plug for the Dodgers. He started slamming homers and eventually the other players joined the party. Teams need a spark plug---a guy whose exceptional play brings out the best in others by motivating them to get in on the fun and glory. Rams need a spark plug on offense. A guy whose sudden excellence stimulates a chain reaction on the team that transforms them from "meh" status to something that sends shivers down fans' backs every time they suit up and show up. Rams need a Cody Bellinger.

WE have our Dave Roberts in McVay.
    Who will be our Cody Bellinger?

Goff is a nominee.
    Gurley is a nominee.

My bet though is on.........................who ya got? Who could out of the Dodger blue can ignite this sad sack offense?

My longshot pics are WRS Thomas and Kupp.
    "Peace, be still."
    LARAMSinFebruary
    Rookie

Re: Rams Need a Bellinger

by LARAMSinFebruary » 30 Jun 2017, 14:41

It's going to have to be Jared. I really hope Whitworth can provide a more consistent pocket so Goff can gain some confidence in getting familiar with McVayball and start slinging it around like he did at Cal.
  • ArkyRamsFan
    Rookie

by ArkyRamsFan » 30 Jun 2017, 15:45

Who is Cody Bellinger?
    69RamFan
    Bench Warmer

by 69RamFan » 30 Jun 2017, 16:26

Who is Cody Bellinger?
    He is a rookie first baseman, that was called up from the minors and he is on a hot streak and tearing up the league...
    Safety Blitz
    Rookie

by Safety Blitz » 30 Jun 2017, 17:19

Enjoy! His bat speed is off the charts.

Dodgers have hit 50 home runs in June as he has triggered a power surge up and down the line up!

Go Rams!
    Go Dodgers!
    "Peace, be still."
    Safety Blitz
    Rookie

by Safety Blitz » 30 Jun 2017, 17:24

"Peace, be still."
    LARAMSinFebruary
    Rookie

by LARAMSinFebruary » 30 Jun 2017, 18:55

Frreek those blue and yellow unis really pop out! Did we only wear them once last year?
    sdram
    Bench Warmer

by sdram » 02 Jul 2017, 11:21

Yeah, those classic unis look great! Goff only played in one game (versus the 9rs) where they wore those unis. The other game with the classics was against the Seahags.
  • Ants
    Bench Warmer

by Ants » 02 Jul 2017, 13:11

When Bellinger settles in as a career .250 hitter, we'll see where the Putz stands on this issue. :lol:
    :idea: Let's win some games.
  • Ramborumble
    Rookie

by Ramborumble » 03 Jul 2017, 07:46

The ball is juiced this year according to many pitchers. The numbers across the league say that. Bellinger displayed power in th minors but not this kind of power. If I had to guess, it would be Cooper Kupp who acts as Rams Bellinger. Team could feed off his work ethic and success cause he will have success in the NFL. Kupp was a steal.
  • crazy-legs
    Bench Warmer

by crazy-legs » 03 Jul 2017, 07:58

Has to be Goff. If not we're below .500 again...

The video highlights you posted actually made me feel better about Goff. I thought his footwork was pretty darn good in that highlight video. Maybe he'll turn into a decent QB after all...
    Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...
  • Wildflecken
    Bench Warmer

by Wildflecken » 04 Jul 2017, 03:25

Rams do need a Bell Ringer, a Donta Hightower type who can come from the lb position inside and knock qb's out of game, henceforth a BellRINGER