Anyone still follow Bradford?

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

Will Bradford be a Top Ten QB this year?

Yes
38%
No
46%
Depends on his supporting cast
15%

Total votes: 13
Robocop
Starter

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:03 pm

I never got to see enough of his games last year but I've seen highlights. He's the one Ram I'll always wish would've worked out. There's lots of interesting discussions about him on the Vikes message boards. He has an extremely promising season ahead of him. I plan on watching a lot more and I think he can easily be a top 10 QB this year. Fantasy value..what say you?

EastBayRamsFan
Starter

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:12 pm

I will put him down as the biggest bust in Ram history and I have been a fan since 1973. He was a reach in college because his deep downfield throws were very inaccurate. Sam was a dink and dunk QB who has never done anything in the NFL.

Fragile, no leadership qualities and very inaccurate downfield.

crazy-legs
Veteran

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:40 am

I think most NFL fans "follow" every player but with that said I don't care what the Viking are doing unless they are playing the Rams. let alone he's not that good. Bottom half QB IMO - not a SB caliber QB IMO. I follow Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben etc. more than him...

Look at last year. Sets a completion record but is 16th in yards, 19th in YDS\A, 15th in yards per game, 18th in TD's thrown etc.

Rink and dink. He doesn't have the vision to see the whole field hence why he'll always be a 2nd tier (if that) QB...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

Rammer
Veteran

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:38 am

If he stays healthy, he will once again put up efficient numbers this year and probably help lead them to a winning season. Possibly, his first playoff appearance.

Overall, he turned out to be a less mobile version of alex smith. It's a shame because he had so much more promise than that. Either he doesn't see the field well or is just always afraid to let it loose.

Robocop
Starter

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:20 pm

EastBayRamsFan wrote:
I will put him down as the biggest bust in Ram history and I have been a fan since 1973. He was a reach in college because his deep downfield throws were very inaccurate. Sam was a dink and dunk QB who has never done anything in the NFL.

INACCURATE? Bro apparently you did not listen or watch a single thing about him last year. He was THE most accurate passer in the league in throws over 20 yards. Over Brady, Rodgers and Brees. He throws one of the best balls in the game.

Robocop
Starter

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Sorry guys but I'm gonna be straight forward and say the Bradford that Ram's fans know is not at all the same man playing in Minnesota last year or the second half of that Philly season. It only takes a few minutes of reading the Vikings forums to tell you that pessimistic fan base liked what they saw in Bradford while trying to overcome obstacles as bad as the Rams team last year.His sink and dunk was orchestrated by Shurmur to keep him alive. The I formation and Person are gone. It's time to see if he's a true gunslinger.

ram_attack
Starter

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:46 pm

EastBayRamsFan wrote:

No matter of big of a disappointment Bradford was to us... he'll never make the top of the list. That spot will always be reserved for the troubled Lawrence Phillips. All the talent but could just never get his head (or heart for that matter) in the right place.

CierraRam
Starter

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Robocop wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:29 pm
Sorry guys but I'm gonna be straight forward and say the Bradford that Ram's fans know is not at all the same man playing in Minnesota last year or the second half of that Philly season. It only takes a few minutes of reading the Vikings forums to tell you that pessimistic fan base liked what they saw in Bradford while trying to overcome obstacles as bad as the Rams team last year.His sink and dunk was orchestrated by Shurmur to keep him alive. The I formation and Person are gone. It's time to see if he's a true gunslinger.
I was thinking along similar lines as your thought here. Really I think Bradford at this point is limited by the offense itself and the players. I dont think he'll ever be a make everyone around him better kind of QB that a Brady and Rodgers are. But I think he can be a Phillip Rivers kind of QB at this point if he had any kind of talent around him and the offensive scheme to allow him to do that. The man missed 1 1/2 seasons so his first half season in Philly is easily attributed to the rust. And basically too, Chip's offense just wasnt any good once defense's got the timing down to defend it.

EastBayRamsFan
Starter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:08 am

Robocop-Given the investment in time and money this is the worst draft pick ever by my beloved Rams. Consider the body of work of Sam Bradford not some 1/2 year stat from Minny:

-Since 2010, Bradford has the lowest passer rating of any QB to start in 60+ games
-Since 2010, Bradford has the 2nd lowest completion percentage of any QB to start in 60+ games.
-Since 2010, Bradford has the lowest touchdown percentage of any QB to start in 60+ games.
-Only five quarterbacks who have played in 60+ games since 2010 have failed to be selected to the Pro Bowl. Bradford is one of them.
-Since 2010, Bradford has thrown for the 2nd fewest yards of any QB to start 60+ games
-Since 2010, Bradford has thrown for the fewest yards per pass attempt of any QB to start 60+ games.
-Bradford has the lowest Approximate Value on ProFootballReference.com of any QB to start 60+ games since 2010.
-Bradford is ranked 138th in the Super Bowl era in Approximate Value. Above Rick Mirer and below Mark Sanchez.

So stop with the Sam Bradford just needs the right system to "break-out"-he sucks.

What really did it for me was a scout who "pre-draft" predicted he would suck cause he could not adjust to the NFL from OU cause he is too fragile and under pressure has ZERO accuracy. Where you watching Sam when he would miss every WR deep down the field?

TBUX
Veteran

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:54 pm

East Bay- you leave out so much- like- he has been in 6 different systems- let me say that again- 6!!! name a QB who has had worst support in that stretch than he did? good luck.

EastBayRamsFan
Starter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm

TBUX-Maybe you are right if Samantha had the right system she would be an All-Pro. Whether she played under 6 systems or 1 she still sucks, will suck this year but will continue stealing paychecks from NFL owners. Name one OU QB who was ever done anything in the NFL-good luck!

CierraRam
Starter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:03 pm

EastBayRamsFan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm
TBUX-Maybe you are right if Samantha had the right system she would be an All-Pro. Whether she played under 6 systems or 1 she still sucks, will suck this year but will continue stealing paychecks from NFL owners. Name one OU QB who was ever done anything in the NFL-good luck!
You didn't attempt to answer the question that was posted to you, but rather immediately attacked the point of view. He isn't wrong with his facts. So what's your point of view to displace those facts? Or are you more interested in picking an argument rather than agreeing to disagree? Bradford was playing above average ball for several games before his first knee and after they ditched that ill fated spread attack. This despite being sacked an average of 4 times a game...once again the OL that couldn't pass protect. And this on a supposed dink and dunk QB. Granted, Bradford was a very frustrating QB to deal with prior to that season...but that season of his first knee injury was where he began looking like a better QB. And now I think he's an above average QB and one that a team can win with if the tools are there to work with. Bradford in my estimation will never be an elite QB that makes a mediocre supporting cast look better otherwise. Is that worthy of his draft status, no; it isn't. And on that basis you can call him a disappointment. But I wouldn't at all call him a total bust. Not even close