Mike Thomas Will Sit First Four Games

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

69RamFan
Pro-bowler

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Stay Off the WEEEEEEEED/ENHANCEMENT,,,,, :roll: :roll: :roll:

If the RAMs keep 7 WR, Bradley Marquez now has a chance, for at least four games.

Now MT is going to have to show his very best during camp to get back on the playing field after the 4 games suspension...

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:18 pm

What is up with all these idiots wanting to be potheads? Can’t they put it off for a few years while they actually have a job? Hasn’t anyone learned anything from Josh Gordon? Hood mentality......SMFH

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:37 pm

NN1Badboy wrote:
What is up with all these idiots wanting to be potheads? Can’t they put it off for a few years while they actually have a job? Hasn’t anyone learned anything from Josh Gordon? Hood mentality......SMFH
His wasn't weed.. it was PED.

Dumb.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

toast49
Veteran

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Honestly I have no issue with someone doing this. This isn't about winning championships or any of that. For most players it's about getting the "job", making the money. Feeding your family. If it takes performance enhancing drugs to do it, I'd take them too

Rhino Ram
Veteran

Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:14 am

toast49 wrote:
Honestly I have no issue with someone doing this. This isn't about winning championships or any of that. For most players it's about getting the "job", making the money. Feeding your family. If it takes performance enhancing drugs to do it, I'd take them too
This^ As fans, why should we care if they're juicing? They're there for our entertainment, I say let them ALL do it. That being said, he did break policy, so see ya in Oct

LARAMSinFebruary
Starter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:34 am

"During the offseason program, Thomas said he has undergone "tremendous growth" from his first to his second year." Ha, guess now we know why he was standing out in camp reports. Shame. I know McVay's not cool with this kind of crap. Hope Josh Reynolds can develop some chemistry sooner rather than later.

Idaho_Ram
Starter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:18 am

toast49 wrote:
You would take them too...even knowing you are violating league policy? So your stance is, whatever it takes to get a job, even cheating and/or damaging your long term health?

Wildflecken
Veteran

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:44 am

This one stings, McVay was high on him. McVay needs to hold true to his principles and Rams need to release him. Has to show out of gate he is holding locker room accountable for their actions.
Last edited by Wildflecken on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

49RH8R
Starter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:02 am

Idaho_Ram wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:18 am
toast49 wrote:
You would take them too...even knowing you are violating league policy? So your stance is, whatever it takes to get a job, even cheating and/or damaging your long term health?
yeah, that's a lame. it's the same attitude that supports kids selling drugs "to support their family". i mean why care about anyone else?

i wonder if teammates like pharoh cooper get pissed because they are competing for a roster spot and JT was cheating to take his job.

CierraRam
Starter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:12 am

Wildflecken wrote:
This one stings, McVay was high on him. McVay needs to hold true to his principles and Rams need to release him. Has to show out of gate he is holding locker room accountable for their actions.

Ah yeah, it'll definitely be interesting to see what McVay does here. To me Thomas is a big key on stretch passing plays. So to chop such a key from the team would be the right message as far as accountability is concerned. If Thomas had a history in college for this sort of thing (and I am being lazy and not looking it up) then I say ya gotta do it...if not.. I am always a second chance kind of person so personally I would let this one slide and tell him in front of the team what the deal is.

This one stings, McVay was high on him. McVay needs to use this one as an example and release him. Needs to show locker room he will hold them accountable for their actions.

Commish
Veteran

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:33 am

LARAMSinFebruary wrote:
"During the offseason program, Thomas said he has undergone "tremendous growth" from his first to his second year." Ha, guess now we know why he was standing out in camp reports. Shame. I know McVay's not cool with this kind of crap. Hope Josh Reynolds can develop some chemistry sooner rather than later.
Agreed--this has given Josh Reynolds a big-time shot at becoming our team's primary 'deep threat' receiver as a rookie... :) 8-) :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Wildflecken
Veteran

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:20 pm

CierraRam wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:12 am
Wildflecken wrote:

Ah yeah, it'll definitely be interesting to see what McVay does here. To me Thomas is a big key on stretch passing plays. So to chop such a key from the team would be the right message as far as accountability is concerned. If Thomas had a history in college for this sort of thing (and I am being lazy and not looking it up) then I say ya gotta do it...if not.. I am always a second chance kind of person so personally I would let this one slide and tell him in front of the team what the deal is.
History suggests cutting Thomas is the correct move, List of players with performance enhancing suspensions under last regime:

Dunbar - never was the same lb when returning. Rams released next season I believe.

Trey Watts

Stedman Baily

The message sent to locker room is more valuable than the production of the player will in all liklihood ever be

Raminec
Veteran

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:36 pm

LARAMSinFebruary wrote:
We can only hope the PED 's he took were a cure for " Manos de Pierdas". Thomas always had the tools but you gotta catch the damn ball. My take is he better catch EVERYTHING thrown anywhere near him in the preseason or he will be flipping burgers somewhere soon.

Ram Stien
Starter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:52 pm

If he does not show that his hands have improved, he may be sitting out a lot more games. Also look for Josh Reynolds to take some snaps away from him.

Claremontram
Veteran

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:54 pm

I hope this increases the likelihood of keeping Spruce on the 53.

UtahRam
Starter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Good. This will give the other guys reps. I don't even remeber what this guy did last year anyways.

Pj50
Starter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:04 pm

He did nothing last year but fumble a kickoff inside the 5 and drop a TD pass

Bumpy95
Bench Warmer

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:45 am

49H8ER ,
I am sure anyone competing for a spot would be pissed! There is always political crap when picking a team and who knows who is always there. Coaches have there favourites and money is always in the discussion. The best players do not always get picked. If it's semi close and a coach likes you, you're probably going to make it maybe best use you both are in a prayer group or something. So now you throw in a turd who's using PED enhancements and it truly gets unfair. In the MLB minor leagues it used to be very ugly. GROB was a known druggie (spice) at Auburn and I'm certainly glad he's gone. Rams need to send a guy like this packing so it doesn't create dissent and problems for the entire team.

Fletch59
Veteran

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:03 am

PED'S will do nothing to soften his hands. There's a reason for the term board hands. Watch as the ball gets to receivers, when bounces off the hands and hits face mask or they bobble it or worse always body catch, just not gonna make it. The ball needs to land in the hands like it hit a truck load of charmin. The great receivers have soft hands so to speak that just seem to suck the ball out of the air.

GO RAMS!

bigklein
Starter

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:38 pm

We definitely got the wrong Mike Thomas last year. New Orleans got the right one--from Ohio State--and we got a receiver who thinks that steroids will make his hands less like bricks. Cutting him probably makes the most sense in the context of the team's fresh start...

sdram
Veteran

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:29 pm

It makes you wonder what these guys are thinking. They seem to be more interested in being workout phenoms instead of concentrating on the basics like running routes and catching the damn ball.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 am

Dick84 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:37 pm
NN1Badboy wrote:
His wasn't weed.. it was PED.

Dumb.
My bad. I guess I just assumed it was weed, since that happens so often. But even at that, Is it really that difficult to understand what supplements you can and can’t use while playing in the NFL? Is the NFL too strict on these banned supplements? We need these guys.

I really think Stedman Bailey would have been a great #3 in the Az Hakim mold right now if he hadn’t been in the wrong place at the wrong time. I’ve got to think that there might have been something illegal going on in that situation too. We just really can’t afford to lose guys to boneheaded mistakes.

poplarbluffman
Veteran

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:59 am

talked enough about character and future success and my general dislike of JC kids.yes Thomas was a jc kid..Left Ezekiel Elliot off my top 60 last year purely because of major character concerns.

Thomas was also majoring in interdisciplinary studies. Soft majors are another red flag...putting a positive spin least the kid was trying to get better..sort of will Rams kick he tires on Josh Gordon" I would..wondered at the time why Rams didn't claim KD Cannon when 49ers cut him claimed by Jets but Rams had a worse 2016 record and .brought him in for an official visit pre draft. Not many deep threats are walking around. Snead has never had any problem with bad character players

anyone thing Spruce will be the Rams new deep threat is also smoking pot. Thomas was plan A to replace Austin...McVay had better develop a plan B now Anquan Boldin plans to sign soon...least a solid possession Pierre Garcon type wr...fits their win now attitude

sanbagger
Veteran

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:56 am

Wildflecken wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:20 pm

The message sent to locker room is more valuable than the production of the player will in all liklihood ever be
Nonsense.

It appears you are stating that since he MTL (in your opinion) won't be that great of a player anyway, it is in McV's best interest to cut him to make a point...but that point isn't a point when it isn't crossing a line for other players IMO. IMO, for this to be a valid, crossing the lines point, it would have to pertain to all players, including the likes of AD.

I agree with having lines that can't be crossed and they should be enforced by the coaches...but I want all players held accountable.

We don't know the whole story yet with regards to the PED's....I have read stories where guys were taking over the counter substances and checked to see if they were legal only to find out later they failed a test.

He certainly faces a long road to continue playing with the Rams, as I had him as a bubble boy already (with a side note saying I had him making the team from the bubble)...he's really gonna have to show some continued good play this pre-season.

D-GenerationX
Starter

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 am

Cut him. Today.

Ha has not earned anywhere near the leeway to get a pass on this. And there are plenty of guys to take his spot.

Release him. Now.