Bradford, same knee again

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

Rammer
Veteran

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Just when things are looking good for him, the old knee injury issue crops up again. I actually feel bad for the guy. ..Contract season. It is probably going to be just enough of an issue to make you wonder about him and let the Vikings go from super bowl contenders to nothing.

EastBayRamsFan
Starter

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:28 pm

and you are actually surprised by her injury? Not sure what confuses me more that you feel sorry for Samantha or can't believe she is injured.

Ramsfan08ny
Starter

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:31 pm

EastBayRamsFan wrote:
and you are actually surprised by her injury? Not sure what confuses me more that you feel sorry for Samantha or can't believe she is injured.
Kind of scary that you look at a male athlete, and fantasize of him as a female.

Rammer
Veteran

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:57 pm

EastBayRamsFan wrote:
So, why do you hate the guy? Let it go. I couldn't wait for him to leave the Rams, either.. I get it that he was over rated and over paid. But still, it always looked like he put the work in and gave it his best effort.

EastBayRamsFan
Starter

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Just love snapping the Sam Bradford fan club. They are pathetic.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:58 pm

Its not a ligament tear, but a knee bruise and hopefully not going keep him out to long.
Last edited by Henry VIII on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:04 pm

manipuraram wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 pm
EastBayRamsFan wrote:
What a loser you are. Bradford has accomplished a million times what you ever have as an athlete, and he's been one of the highest paid athletes in history. He has terrific attributes as a player, and was the top student in his high school graduating class. You must be envious of his gifts. Unfortunately he's had bad luck with injuries in his career. To tear the same ACL two years in a row and to come back to play in the NFL at a high level is mostly unprecedented, and would require a character and determination, you could only fantasize about. If you call him a she, I can only imagine the contempt you must feel for yourself and your meager accomplishments.
Wow good post coming from you, maybe this sarcasm I'm not really sure. I can't understand all the hate for Sam.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Rammer wrote:
Just when things are looking good for him, the old knee injury issue crops up again. I actually feel bad for the guy. ..Contract season. It is probably going to be just enough of an issue to make you wonder about him and let the Vikings go from super bowl contenders to nothing.
Screw him. I'm glad it happened. He's a greedy little bitch and he deserves it.

Commish
Veteran

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:47 pm

manipuraram wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 pm
What a loser you are. Bradford has accomplished a million times what you ever have as an athlete, and he's been one of the highest paid athletes in history.
Since when is being significantly overpaid relative to one's actual athletic accomplishments considered to be such a positive quality?

Sam Bradford was given the highest-paying rookie contract in NFL history by our team back in 2010, yet AFAIC his contributions as the Rams' QB were rather modest relative to his massive monetary compensation.

That he's been a considerably more successful athlete than the typical internet, pro football fan poster: So what? Aren't we discussing the guy compared to other NFL starters at the QB position, which is the level at which he's being paid...?? :shock: :roll: :?:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
Last edited by Commish on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

clevelandrams
Veteran

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Rammer wrote:
the Vikings are hosting the SB. they were never going to be SB contenders.
that was an obvious given

Pj50
Starter

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:14 pm

I don't get all the love for a guy that never could never get it all together as a Ram

Did absolutely nothing for them besides steal 72 mil

Not a difference maker

Cannot stay on the field still to this day

???

Henry VIII
Veteran

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Don't blame Bradford for his compensation, at the time people forget there was no rookie wage scale a year later the CBA implemented a new scale for rookies. He was the main reason the NFL owners felt they had to implement a wage limit to protect themselves. 2010 was a very weak draft class for QBs and the Rams were hard up for a franchise QB and Sam was the only choice. This is also why we have the Aaron Donald contract situation now. Is it fair that he has made a shit load of money and not really have anything to show for it probably not but it is what it is. This league is starving for QBs and his timing could not have been better pretty much all thru his whole career. He has been very unlucky at staying healthy but damn how can you fault him or his agent for using the system. I know if I see him at a table in Las Vegas I will watching how he places bets.

Rammer
Veteran

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:25 am

Pj50 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:14 pm
I don't get all the love for a guy that never could never get it all together as a Ram

Did absolutely nothing for them besides steal 72 mil

Not a difference maker

Cannot stay on the field still to this day

???
[/quote

Well, the love/hate for Sam is over the top on both sides. It's kind of like talking about Trump......

I was considered a huge Sam basher when he was here because I called him a 'game manager' with no leadership ability and no confidence in his arm...... .When he was here, he wasn't a difference maker. Wasn't worth the huge contract given him and everyone seemed to make excuses for him too... Now, I find myself defending him.... But there was always the other side of it --he played for Fisher, had no talent around him and had terrible knee injury to deal with.. Some special qbs could have overcome all of that and had success but he couldn't... Still though, through all of that turmoil, he hung in there. and didn't give up. And while he can't stay on the field because of a knee problem - otherwise I see a mentally tough guy hanging in there and take some big hits, then bounce right up.

So, for the first time ever I am gonna say it - Sam has become a good qb and yes, even a difference maker for them. I'm not saying he is Tom Brady but Minnesota looked lost without him on the field, Sunday. Maybe there is some poetic justice here. He made too much money early and now maybe no one is going to give him that mega contract. regardless of how he does.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:34 am

Oh I'm pretty sure he will sign another very nice contract, this league is starving for QBs and he will be in demand.

D-GenerationX
Starter

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:55 am

Sam looked amazing against New Orleans. The Rams never would have traded THAT guy.

But you rarely ever saw THAT guy. And then this business with the knee is the real double edged sword with Bradford. Ton of natural talent, but just not reliable.

It was the right pick at the time, it didn't work out, and we all moved on. Well, no...that's the problem. Some of you have NOT moved on.

I'ts been THREE YEARS people. Have any of you ever broken up with a woman? Do you still drive by her house and beep? Call her and hang up?

Commish
Veteran

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:29 am

Henry VIII wrote:
Don't blame Bradford for his compensation
No, I wouldn't exactly "blame" him either, he was quite greedy yet of course in a situation wherein extreme greed is the societally-accepted 'default setting' for individuals.

However, that Sam Bradford totally failed to earn his massive monetary compensation while playing for our team, thus retroactively making his 2010 agent into a complete liar, that strikes me as an obvious truth... :) :| :ugeek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

clevelandrams
Veteran

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Commish wrote:
Henry VIII wrote:
No, I wouldn't exactly "blame" him either, he was quite greedy yet of course in a situation wherein extreme greed is the societally-accepted 'default setting' for individuals.

However, that Sam Bradford totally failed to earn his massive monetary compensation while playing for our team, thus retroactively making his 2010 agent into a complete liar, that strikes me as an obvious truth... :) :| :ugeek:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
How is someone greedy when the other party willingly pays them so easily?

Henry VIII
Veteran

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:16 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
Commish wrote:
Henry VIII wrote:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
My thoughts exactly, He just played the contract game better then most. I don't call that greedy at all and I'm certain all of us here would love to have his bank account just maybe not his NFL trophy room. I bet he has a very nice college trophy room though. :D

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:51 pm

D-GenerationX wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:55 am
Sam looked amazing against New Orleans. The Rams never would have traded THAT guy.

But you rarely ever saw THAT guy. And then this business with the knee is the real double edged sword with Bradford. Ton of natural talent, but just not reliable.

It was the right pick at the time, it didn't work out, and we all moved on. Well, no...that's the problem. Some of you have NOT moved on.

I'ts been THREE YEARS people. Have any of you ever broken up with a woman? Do you still drive by her house and beep? Call her and hang up?
Well said DX.

Commish
Veteran

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 pm

clevelandrams wrote:
Insisting on being paid $4.33 million for every single NFL victory he led our team to over five seasons, AFAIC that's being "super-greedy" on Sam Bradford's part... :? :( :roll:

RAM POWER!!

__The Commish

Ram Man
Starter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Bradford needs to insist on Keenum getting traded and written in his future contracts never to allow the team to sign him as long as he's there. Keenum is just bad luck to Bradford's knee and needs to stay away from him :lol:

Henry VIII
Veteran

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Commish wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 pm
clevelandrams wrote:
Insisting on being paid $4.33 million for every single NFL victory he led our team to over five seasons, AFAIC that's being "super-greedy" on Sam Bradford's part... :? :( :roll:

RAM POWER!!

__The Commish
How did he insist on being paid 4 million per victory? And how is it his fault that the Rams had possibly the worst Front Office, GM and Head Coach in the NFL. Do we not all agree the Rams have finally made some huge improvements in the Head Coach who has shown he can draft the correct players and make good trades, he holds his players and coaches accountable. If Fishshit was still here Goff would be in the exact same boat as Bradford no one to teach him, no one draft or trade for good players every QB needs good players around him. I'm pretty sure you would be saying Goff is greedy and its his fault that he can't put it together. Think about that for one minute.

TBUX
Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:37 am

When you change systems nearly every year, have a bad oline, no run game you get what we saw with Sam Bradford, and ANY QB in that situation. Notice Minny has supported him and continues to try and add pieces around him- and he is performing like he is capable. Had we done the same, we would have seen similar results.

As far as injuries- out of a players control- quite sure he had no say in them.

TBUX
Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:38 am

See Alex Smith as well- nearly same situation- SF changed systems every year, no support and he flopped- went to stable and solid situation and he is a very solid QB in the NFL. amazing how that works.

Rampager66
Pro-bowler

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:44 am

clevelandrams wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:17 pm
Rammer wrote:
the Vikings are hosting the SB. they were never going to be SB contenders.
that was an obvious given
Yeah you beat me to it here. Who had the Vikings as SB contenders and why? There's 2 teams in their own division imo that are better they are, never mind the rest of the NFC.