What Was The Greatest Pass Rush Front in NFL History? Go Vote

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

RamBill
Hall of Famer

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:18 pm

WHAT WAS THE GREATEST PASS-RUSH FRONT IN NFL HISTORY?

Vote Here: http://www.talkoffamenetwork.com/greate ... l-history/

Buddy Ryan's Chicago Bears

Buddy Ryan's Philadelphia Eagles

Fearsome Foursome of the Rams

Purple People Eaters of the Vikings

Pittsburgh's Steel Curtain

Rams News Now!
All the Rams News of the Day
http://www.rams-news.com

NDIrishRam
Starter

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:42 am

The Fearsome Foursome was great, but for my money I'd take the Rams D Line from the 70's....... Jack Youngblood, Merlin Olsen, and Fred Dryer.

They also aren't considering hand down OLBs? Derrick Thomas/Neil Smith, Pat Swilling/Ricky Jackson, Von Miller/DeMarcus Ware, Dwight Freeny/Robert Mathis all were pretty good.

Rammer
Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:45 am

All of those lines were good. That Rams 70's line was also awesome, I would vote them number 2 , The actual fearsome foursome,? I was probably too young to appreciate fully and they didn;t keep sack records back then. . So not sure whether they were as good as the hype or not. .

So for number one, I will go with the Purple Gang of the very early 70's. . Alan Page, Carl Eller, Jim Marshall and Miscellaneus (not sure off the top of my head but I remember he was good too)

ArkyRamsFan
Bench Warmer

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:07 pm

Rammer wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:45 am
All of those lines were good. That Rams 70's line was also awesome, I would vote them number 2 , The actual fearsome foursome,? I was probably too young to appreciate fully and they didn;t keep sack records back then. . So not sure whether they were as good as the hype or not. .

So for number one, I will go with the Purple Gang of the very early 70's. . Alan Page, Carl Eller, Jim Marshall and Miscellaneus (not sure off the top of my head but I remember he was good too)
The guy's name you are thinking of was Gary Larson. He was more of a stay-at-home type of D Tackle but he helped hold the line against draws, screens and QB scrambles.
Good player but nowhere on the level of Alan Page who was all but unblockable back in the day..

~ArkyRamsFan~

Prothro
Bench Warmer

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 am

I would say that the best all-around defensive front was the Steel Curtain of the 70's but for pass rushing ability, my vote goes to the 70's Rams (Jack Youngblood, Fred Dryer, Larry Brooks, & Merlin Olsen).