OT - Clayton Kershaw is a choking bum. CONFIRMED.

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

Ramborumble
Veteran

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Lifelong Dodger and Ram fan, but its time all Dodger fans come to the sad conclusion that Kershaw is a liability in the post season. He's the Scott Norwood of MLB. How many more times are we gonna see this from this guy? Best pitcher in the world? MY ASS. And NO ONE in the dopey media better EVER say such nonsense again. The best pitcher in the world LOCKS IT DOWN last night. He doesn't get lit up like an xmas tree and give back a FOUR RUN lead and then an inning later a THREE run lead. SEVEN runs wasn't enough for "the best pitcher on the planet?" Think about it. They bail this bum out and score him THREE more runs after he gives up a FOUR run lead, he gets two outs, and then he walks not one guy but TWO. What's the worst that happen with a three run lead? Guy hits an HR? Fine, you;re still up by two runs. THROW STRIKES DUMMY. Nah, he issues TWO 2 out walks. "Best pitcher on planet Earth" John Smoltz may wanna re-think that, Meada comes in tired to clean up the disgusting MESS that "the best pitcher on the planet" made and one pitch BANG tie game. Thanks Clayton! What a JOKE.

As long as this guy is a Dodger, Dave Roberts needs to BAN HIM from EVER pitching on the road in the post season ever again. We all KNOW now how that story ends. He's a mental midget. He CANNOT handle the pressure of the big moment. If Kershaw wants to see how its done. watch Verlander tomorrow night. He will not totally collapse like Kershaw. Despicable. 29 years TWENTY NINE YEARS and this bum blows it.

SoCalRam78
Veteran

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 pm

He doesn't want to be out there. You can see the pressure affect him, though yesterday was a new one. I've seen him melt down from fatigue or the expectations of extending the season in an elimination game. To be ineffective after being staked to a 4-0 lead in a game 5, 2-2 series on the road is a new one. Dodgers did everything to hand that game to him on a silver platter, and he failed them.

Disappointing to say the least. They have to try and win 2 at home in spite of him.

Fan since 80s

Ramborumble
Veteran

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:57 pm

He said today he's available for relief in game seven. NO! Roberts should leave him on bench.

sanbagger
Veteran

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Wait...I heard it was juiced balls

harkin
Veteran

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:29 pm

I’m just hoping we’re still alive for a game 7 for him to offer his relief services........but I’m thinking he’s no Randy Johnson.

If the Dodgers continue to leave men on base it will end tomorrow - we need to out-score a team who bring em home prodigiously.

Ramborumble
Veteran

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Remember what, dare I say it, Madison Bumgarner did? That's what Kershaw needed to do. He didn't. And one can't help but think Justin Verlander, who begged the Tigers to make him a Dodger (he and Kate Upton live in LA area) will shut the door and punish the Dodgers for not wanting him. If/when Dodgers lose this WS they will need to blow the team up somewhat. There will be too many scars. And every fan at that stadium better let that scumbag Gurriel have it when he comes to bat. NY would do the "asshole" chant at him all game long.

Ram Man
Starter

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:10 pm

This Series dysfunction is entirely on Roberts and his gross mismanagement of the bullpen. Who the hell has his closer pitch with a 5-run lead and his starter pitch three times in 5 games? Total incompetence.

Ramborumble
Veteran

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Ram Man wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:10 pm
This Series dysfunction is entirely on Roberts and his gross mismanagement of the bullpen. Who the hell has his closer pitch with a 5-run lead and his starter pitch three times in 5 games? Total incompetence.
Nah, not Roberts fault. Game 5 was one person's fault and one person only: Clayton Kershaw. Roberts is the man. So is Kershaw, as long as its the regular season and no one gives a shit.

RamPower
Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:45 am

So Kershaw has been more of a choke - or let's also say, an overall negative impact for the Dodgers in the WS - than Jansen?

Rammer
Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:46 pm

I'll take him on the Phillies if you guys don't want him.

Ramborumble
Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:12 pm

RamPower wrote:
So Kershaw has been more of a choke - or let's also say, an overall negative impact for the Dodgers in the WS - than Jansen?
Jansen not much better, but the difference is this is a new thing for Jansen, Not new for Kershaw. Kershaw's stink must have gotten on to Jansen somehow. Jansen is also being asked to do more than 3 outs, which I disagree with but I'm not gonna pretend I know more than Dave Roberts.

29TheBest
Starter

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:54 am

The guy is the best pitcher on the planet during the regular season and you can see that with his mannerism on the mound. The post season is another thing, he does not approach with that same confidence though, Unfortunately he can not be treated as the same type of pitcher in the post season, you cannot leave him in and hope that things will turn around.

What we need is to find a number 2 guy that is a lock down type guy in the post season like Bum and if that means Kershaw is unstoppable in the regular season, we still make the lock down guy the GO TO guy for the post season. Kershaw needs to take this off season and figure out why he is not the same pitcher in the post season. What is Honeycutt doing?? I think they just leave him alone, which is not working.

Darvish appears to not be frazzled by the post season buzz, at least in what I have seen so far, but too soon to make a judgment. Let's see what he can do tonight., if he can get the job done, he may be a guy we want to keep.

RamPower
Veteran

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:47 am

Ramborumble wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:12 pm
RamPower wrote:
Jansen not much better, but the difference is this is a new thing for Jansen, Not new for Kershaw. Kershaw's stink must have gotten on to Jansen somehow. Jansen is also being asked to do more than 3 outs, which I disagree with but I'm not gonna pretend I know more than Dave Roberts.
Don't want to jinx tonight BUT Jansen went back to looking like a champ last night in his 6-out save. Let's do it again…and the chances of seeing Kershaw tonight I'd guess around 75% - let’s see his game-one performance again as well.

Idaho_Ram
Starter

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:01 pm

I have not read a single positive comment. The Dodgers possibly don't have home field advantage without Kershaw. The mighty Verlander LOST last night, in large part to the moves Roberts made. There is a ton of exciting stuff happening with the Boys in Blue this year. Blow up a team that set a record for wins and got to the series??

This has been an incredibly fun series as a Dodger fan. Why be Johnny Raincloud?

Prothro
Bench Warmer

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:04 pm

Kershaw did well in relief tonight but I think it's a pretty good bet that we've seen Yu Darvish's last pitch as a Dodger.

EastBayRamsFan
Starter

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:43 am

Can't believe Roberts went with the terrible Yu Darvish and did not pull him after the first for Woods or Kershaw. I would have gone with Woods-Kershaw-Jansen.

What was Darvish doing differently than his last WS game? Same product same result.

toast49
Veteran

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:57 am

It was dumb to go with Darvish. It was obvious from the first batter that he didn't have good stuff. Glad Roberts isn't a fire fighter. He'd just stand there while the building burnt down then calmly sweep up the ashes.

Utah Rams Fan
Veteran

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:20 am

Kershaw was not the problem in Game 5. MLB had their hands in Game 5 with the juiced baseballs, the bad home plate ump, then add in a little league field in Minute Maid Park. He did fine other than in game 5 as no pitcher on either side could get anyone out. MLB constructed that game for ratings and the integrity of baseball was lost right there. If Roberts starts Wood and uses Kershaw, Morrow and Jansen in Game 7....the Dodgers win 1-0.

Fan since 1969

sanbagger
Veteran

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:45 pm

That was a great finish to a great baseball season, playoffs, and world series.

I'm a Yankees fan but I'm also a fan of baseball...the first sport I played organized games and the last sport I played organized games.

Congrats to the Stros and Dodgers....I know it hurts to be first loser but they had a great season and lost to a team that had an equally great season.

Raminec
Veteran

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Not a pretty World Series. Exciting but ugly. Way too many strikeouts and failure to put the ball in play by the Dodgers players. Everyone waiting for the home run to save them and not playing fundamentally sound baseball. I know the Dodgers lived by the long ball all season but you have to be more disciplined in a game 7 and make the pitchers throw strikes. Dodgers hitters were over swinging at anything while the Astros made Darvish throw strikes and pounced on his mistakes.

Ramborumble
Veteran

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Thank goodness we have...... The RAMS?????!!!!!! Love it! Dodgers will be back. They have 7 of the top 100 prospects listed on MLB's top 100 prospects....