Thursday night games - players no like?

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

Ants
Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:10 am

Between what R. Incognito said last week and some rumblings I heard on the radio this morning, it seems players are concerned about playing in Thursday night games - injuries, not enough rest, whatever.

But by the same token, I thought I recently read somewhere that players actually like having a Thursday night game because they don't have to practice hard (hit) on Monday thru Wednesday leading up to the game. It might have been McVay that said that...not sure - don't remember.

So which is it? Are players just whining about it to stir the pot with the NFL? :?
Anyone have any insight into this?

:idea: Let's win some games.

majik
Starter

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:23 am

Personally I hate them and would not be sad to see them eliminated except for Thanksgiving

Robocop
Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:35 am

I'm greedy. I like having football to watch 3 days a week if I choose to. As far as complaints I think that depends on how each individual team approaches the game. Some I'm sure are better than others. They can cry about it while cashing their 6 figure gameday checks.

Fatboy
Bench Warmer

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:59 am

I don't like them, nor do I like my work week screwed with ether. -- the Fatboy

Tenacious T
Starter

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:13 am

I like Thursday Night Football. I get Football on Sunday, Sunday night, Monday, & Thursday.

What's not to like...from a fan perspective of course. I can understand the issues from the players side of things.

Rammer
Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:20 am

I don't like them. TNF is not good for the league, the players or the fans. It waters down the product and changes outcomes of games by messing with the payers practice and rest/recovery schedule. For fans - over exposure. You don't feel like you have to be glued to the TV all day on Sunday afternoon. With the bye week, tnf, mnf, snf, and London - there are just not enough good games on Sunday afternoons. . And I hate it when the Rams or even the Eagles aren't on Sunday afternoon. .

RamPower
Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:48 am

I like money, but I don't think that justifies stealing it from somebody => I like watching the NFL on Thursday night, but I don't think it justifies these guys playing after three days' rest. Bodies need to heal, and if the players hate it that's enough for me. I think Thursday night games should perhaps only consist of teams coming of their bye (i.e. no early or late season Thursday night games).

harley01
Starter

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:57 am

I would be in favor of moving them to Saturday night. I love the early playoff games when you have two Sat games and two Sunday games. I guess the college games hurt the chance of a Saturday night game.

I like Thursday night games, but I can understand why some players don't

Also in favor of a Saturday Super Bowl, but that will never happen IMHO.

HellRam
Veteran

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:52 am

As long as every team plays a Thursday night game. I don't see why it's that big a deal. It's not like there is a competitive advantage.

Plus it gives you a chance to see other teams. There are 32 teams and most play at 10 or 1 on Sunday. You may never actually get to see the Titans or Bills for example if it wasn't for Thursday night games.