Fishers Woes: Keenum is Good Now

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

therealheadslap75
Starter

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Jeff Fishers ineptitude to create, hire or grow his way to offensive success is personified by the success of Goff and now Keenum,

he was a factory of bad offensive football

Claremontram
Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Yes indeed a QB killer.

bigklein
Starter

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Too true. Even Jared Cook has flashed.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Keenum was pretty good when he played for the Texans. Fisher and his cronies ruined a lot of players.

bigklein
Starter

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Remember when Keenum left the Rams practice squad and went to Houston and won? Then he returned to the Rams and looked like he had no arm.

sanbagger
Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Keenum tossed a couple of late INT's that almost allowed the Skins to get back in it...their D saved them.

CK had a decent game but he made some bonehead throws also.

Rammer
Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:06 am

I always thought Keenum was good.. He probably still isn't the long term answer for the Vikes but he is a great backup. As a starter, I don't think he is the guy to win you a superbowl. But not many guys can come in after your qb goes down and keep the offense rolling like he does? We should have kept him.

Clovis
Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:26 am

Actually the Vikings have him as a backup just like Fisher did. There's plenty to discredit Fisher with but I don't think this is something.

Kindablue
Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:18 am

Sports
Case Keenum Show: Vikings Offense Explodes With Teddy Bridgewater Waiting in Wings
Sports Illustrated Peter King,Sports Illustrated 15 hours ago
l

The story was ready, and it was going to be perfect. Minnesota quarterback Teddy Bridgewater dressed for his first football game in 22 months Sunday, and even though the Vikings would start the purported placeholder of the quarterback job, Case Keenum, at Washington, wouldn’t it be dramatic if Bridgewater relieved Keenum at some point and got the save for the NFC North leaders.

It would have been spectacular, but it would not be realized. Keenum saw to that. Driving the Vikings to five touchdowns in the game’s first 33 minutes, and throwing for four touchdown for his first time as a pro, Keenum was the star in Minnesota’s bombs-away 38-30 win at Washington.

“Teddy saw me before the game, and he was smiling,” the 29-year-old Keenum told me from the Vikings’ bus after the game. “He was happy to be back, and I was thrilled to have him back. He said to me, ‘Smile! Have fun.’ He’s just the best teammate. It’s like I was telling someone before the game today: Teddy brings up the cool factor of our quarterback group exponentially.”

The Vikings have been careful to not make any long-term announcements at the quarterback position, though Bridgewater is very likely their long-term QB of the future. It would be surprising but not stunning if the Vikings made a change under center this week with the defensively aggressive Rams coming to town, but it's certainly not impossible to imagine.

Keenum was not just a facilitator Sunday—not just a quarterback along for the ride with an excellent one-two receiver punch in Stefon Diggs and emerging star Adam Thielen. Keenum lasered a 51-yard throw down the right sideline for Diggs, a perfectly placed deep ball. He showed excellent touch on a lofted pop throw to Thielen down the left sideline. Under pressure and about to get creamed by Washington rushers Will Compton and Terrell McClain, Keenum fired a perfect pass up the left seam to Thielen. And later Keenum rolled out and waited, waited, waited for Thielen to get free in the end zone and threw a perfect strike, with Josh Norman draped on Thielen, for a touchdown.

I have been preparing for this situation the whole year,” Keenum said. “I didn’t do an interview last year in L.A. without being asked about [rookie first-round pick] Jared Goff. So I get it. I am a huge Teddy fan. First, he’s just a beautiful thrower. I’ve got tremendous respect for him. He’s an instrumental part of our quarterback room, and all he’s been is helpful. A great teammate. I have had a serious knee injury. I know what he’s going through. But mostly, I’m able to compartmentalize it. I just figure, hey, it’s like I’ve got a buddy who owns a Ferrari, and he’s out of town, and he’s letting me drive it. So as long as they leave me the keys, I’m gonna keep driving this car.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/case-keenu ... 31099.html

rbuck
Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:15 pm

C.K. was better here last year than generally given credit for I.M.O. He had no blocking and a receiver squad that couldn't catch. Tom Brady would not have looked good here last year.

UtahRam
Starter

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 am

Keenum didn't have a decent O-Line to protect him while he was here. Neither did Foles, Davis, Hill, Clemens.... It all starts there.

crazy-legs
Veteran

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 am

How many winning years did he have out of 20+ years? That says it all. He was\is the most overrated HC in the history of the NFL...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

Cornell29
Starter

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 am

UtahRam wrote:
Keenum didn't have a decent O-Line to protect him while he was here. Neither did Foles, Davis, Hill, Clemens.... It all starts there.
Who fault was that? How ironic, once the coach with the final say, is gone, the rams have filled their offensive needs with a good free agent offseason and draft

Utah Rams Fan
Veteran

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 am

It’s all about the O line....without our great O line, none of this is happening.

Fan since 1969

UtahRam
Starter

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Cornell29 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 am
UtahRam wrote:
Who fault was that? How ironic, once the coach with the final say, is gone, the rams have filled their offensive needs with a good free agent offseason and draft
It was Fisher's fault, maybe some blame goes to Snead. What's your point, Corky?

Fletch59
Veteran

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Keenum might just be taking an extra glance at #99 this weekend as well he should.

GO RAMS!

Dispatched
Veteran

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:30 pm

bigklein wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:32 pm
Too true. Even Jared Cook has flashed.
Cook flashed with the Rams too but he is ultimately a team killer. When it is crucial, when it matters, if you rely on him you aren't going to win the big ones.