Uniform Opinion?

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Post Reply
blueandwhite
Rookie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:34 pm

This is my first post, so I'm sure this has been talked about before. But I just had to ask, why didn't they make the number and stripe "royal" blue instead of the current navy blue? I think they'd look so much better if they did, since the number and stripe were royal blue in the 60s. The navy helmets are just fine in my opinion, since they were navy in the 60s also. I'd also like to see gray or navy facemasks as well. I'm not too fond of the new white ones...Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.



Robocop
Veteran
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm

It's most likely will be navy and white in the future



User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1044
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Robocop wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm
It's most likely will be navy and white in the future
I'm expecting it to be white & royal blue, which were the Rams' colors 50 years ago--navy blue is associated with our team's tenure in St. Louis, so I'm doubtful that it would be continued in the new 'City of Champions' Inglewood stadium.., :) 8-) :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish


McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

User avatar
69RamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5746
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm
Location: LA-CA By way of NY/NJ

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:43 pm

They can't change the Jersey colors base on league rules in which it has to be a five year request before changing it. and it won't change until they move into the new stadium..



Robocop
Veteran
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Commish wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 pm
Robocop wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm
It's most likely will be navy and white in the future
I'm expecting it to be white & royal blue, which were the Rams' colors 50 years ago--navy blue is associated with our team's tenure in St. Louis, so I'm doubtful that it would be continued in the new 'City of Champions' Inglewood stadium.., :) 8-) :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
The navy and white is the perfect hybrid of the two uniforms. St. Louis is not forgotten still part of the franchise and the only SB win



User avatar
69RamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5746
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm
Location: LA-CA By way of NY/NJ

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 pm

^^^^^^

The Los Angeles RAMs won a Championship 1951 before the SB came into form....

So don't try to make it sound like STL has the only championship ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

With 16 playoff runs from 1967 to 1989

The Navy Blue will no longer be part of the uniform when they make the change,,,

its going to be royal blue with either the white or the yellow combo,,,, one of those two color combo's... Bank on it!!!!



Robocop
Veteran
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:32 pm

69RamFan wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 pm
^^^^^^

The Los Angeles RAMs won a Championship 1951 before the SB came into form....

So don't try to make it sound like STL has the only championship ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

With 16 playoff runs from 1967 to 1989

The Navy Blue will no longer be part of the uniform when they make the change,,,

its going to be royal blue with either the white or the yellow combo,,,, one of those two color combo's... Bank on it!!!!
In the common era. Whatever! Sure thing. I said combine them



User avatar
Jack85Youngblood
Veteran
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:17 am

I'd prefer royal blue and yellow. If they stick with royal blue and white, please get rid of the white face mask. Oh, and also bring back the thicker horns on the helmets!


Image

RAMS 1974
Starter
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:22 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:21 am

I don't care what color they wear, .....as long as they keep winning !!

Roll LA Rams !


RAMS FAN
DURHAMVILLE, NY
(JMF, 1974 xoxox)

ramphreak
Bench Warmer
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:10 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:45 am

Whatever color gets chosen I just hope they ease up on the white and white combination.



User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1044
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 am

Robocop wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:40 pm
Commish wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 pm
Robocop wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm
It's most likely will be navy and white in the future
I'm expecting it to be white & royal blue, which were the Rams' colors 50 years ago--navy blue is associated with our team's tenure in St. Louis, so I'm doubtful that it would be continued in the new 'City of Champions' Inglewood stadium.., :) 8-) :idea:

RAM POWER!!
The navy and white is the perfect hybrid of the two uniforms. St. Louis is not forgotten still part of the franchise and the only SB win
Ummmm, IIRC the Rams were wearing their 1973-99 royal blue & canary yellow uniforms during their victory in Super Bowl XXXIV.

The "millennium blue & new century gold" uniform design (2000 on) has no connection to any NFL championship won by the Good Guys... :) ;) :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish


McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

User avatar
clevelandrams
Veteran
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:19 pm
Location: Oregon/California

Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:50 pm

69RamFan wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:43 pm
They can't change the Jersey colors base on league rules in which it has to be a five year request before changing it. and it won't change until they move into the new stadium..
There is no real uniform rule.its pointless fake red tape/ busy work. It would take less then a month or even 2 weeks to come with a design and roll it out.



User avatar
Kenny
Starter
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:21 am

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:54 am

I grew up with the royal blue & yellow combo, and would love a return to that. (Though I did sort of think having horns on the sleeves was a... bit much... Like what next, horns on the hips? Socks?)

I also really like white horns on navy blue helmets. It POPS. The Rams could go to a clean navy & white combo and I think I'd be into that. Close enough to the '60's look to bring back memories of the Fearsome Foursome. Plus, no other NFL team have navy & white (the Colts have royal blue and white), and I like us unique.

The only uniform I hate is the navy with the faux gold. I couldn't believe my eyes when we went to those right after the Super Bowl win.

And YES, THICKER HORNS AT THE FRONT OF THE HELMETS.

Memo to Kevin Demoff: They're supposed to look like horns, not bug antennae.


Autumn is Coming.

Ants
Veteran
Posts: 2207
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 am

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:42 am

clevelandrams wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:50 pm
69RamFan wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:43 pm
They can't change the Jersey colors base on league rules in which it has to be a five year request before changing it. and it won't change until they move into the new stadium..
There is no real uniform rule.its pointless fake red tape/ busy work. It would take less then a month or even 2 weeks to come with a design and roll it out.
:? Um, what?
It's a leauge rule. What's so hard to understand about that?
I'd tell you to stick with football posts, but those are off the wall also, so...


:idea: Let's win some games.

User avatar
Jack85Youngblood
Veteran
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:44 am

I like these uniform posts; and I've changed my mind since my original post. I like the navy over the royal blue; but I would like to see it with yellow, similar to Goff's Cal uniform below in my signature. I would prefer them not to look like the Colts. No other team in the NFL wears blue and yellow. As stated before, I would like to see blue facemasks and WIDER horns. Also, that cartoon Ram head has got to be changed. It is too associated with St Louis. I don't understand why the NFL did not make an exception when the Rams moved. To me, it is stupid for them to wait until they move into the new stadium. It looks like the Rams could be Super Bowl contenders in the immediate future. If they make it to the Super Bowl before 2020, this ugly amalgam of a uniform would be horrible historically when you look back at Super Bowls. Also, who really buys the current jerseys anymore? Anything Rams that I buy is the throwback colors and logo; knowing that the current uni is going away anyway. I have a Youngblood jersey(of course), a Gurley color rush, and a Donald throwback. Anyone here still buying the navy/gold stuff with the cartoon Ram?


Image

User avatar
Prothro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:35 am

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:57 am

I love the white horns on the blue helmet but (along with most everyone else) I wish that the bases of the horns were much thicker. It also seems to me that the horns run too much over the crown of the helmet instead of angling off more to the side of the helmet like they were back in the day. That angle at the front of the helmet made the horns look way more authentic. I also wish that they would've gone with the gray facemask. If we're going retro, we should've gone all the way. As far as the current jerseys and logo are concerned, they can't be gone soon enough.



harley01
Starter
Posts: 269
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:12 pm

Guess I'm in the minority....I like the horns as they are. I also like the Ram logo....I just bought a blue and white t-shirt with one. I would not be against removing it from the uniform.



User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1044
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:44 pm

Jack85Youngblood wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:44 am
I like these uniform posts; and I've changed my mind since my original post. I like the navy over the royal blue;
For our Rams team, royal blue is a Los Angeles color while navy blue is a St. Louis color--AFAIC it's that simple and straightforward... :) ;) 8-)

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish


McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

User avatar
Jack85Youngblood
Veteran
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:01 am

Commish wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:44 pm
Jack85Youngblood wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:44 am
I like these uniform posts; and I've changed my mind since my original post. I like the navy over the royal blue;
For our Rams team, royal blue is a Los Angeles color while navy blue is a St. Louis color--AFAIC it's that simple and straightforward... :) ;) 8-)

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
Uh-Oh :shock: :shock: :P :P


Image

Ram Man
Starter
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:54 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:15 pm

Jack85Youngblood wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:17 am
I'd prefer royal blue and yellow. If they stick with royal blue and white, please get rid of the white face mask. Oh, and also bring back the thicker horns on the helmets!
And thicker on the sleeves as well! That's basically just a stripe. Heck, get ride of the blue sleeve and just make it a giant blue horn.



Post Reply