Chris Simms believes McVay and Goff's communication at the line is "unethical" (video)

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Robocop
Veteran
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:58 am



Just a douchebag wishing he was ever that good



Clovis
Veteran
Posts: 1999
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:59 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am

Here we have a college educated man (Simms) claiming something is "unethical" but failing to mention which "ethic" is being violated, all the while acknowledging the team is following NFL rules that govern ALL NFL teams. Simms claims the NFL needs to look into it? So someone else needs to fix his problem? Didn't he acknowledge the rule? He did not say the RAMS were breaking the rule, but he has a problem with the RAMS being better at it than he was so "the NFL needs to look into it". Simms is showing his vagina.

That's the problem with People in our country. So called "educated" people are taught nothing more than disrespecting someone else because "I have a problem". Next thing we'll have spoiled rotten millionaires disrespecting our People by kneeling for OUR National Anthem because they have a problem.



Claremontram
Veteran
Posts: 1348
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:57 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:26 am

Next year, all teams will be talking to their QB during the 15 seconds. Defenses will compensate with additional looks.



User avatar
harkin
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:40 am

As devil’s advocate, one of the reasons for the 15 second rule is undoubtedly to limit the communication to the huddle. That being said, the Rams are nowhere near the first team to take advantage of the rule.

It’s also interesting that Simms uses Brady and the Pats as standards for playing by the rules, anyone doubt that Belicheck/Brady have also taken advantage? I would not put it past those guys of radio bs like eavesdropping.

If it’s really so horrible, the league can adjust the rule to 15 sec/when the huddle breaks, whichever comes first. Until then - Simms needs to understand the difference between unethical and innovative.



Rammer
Veteran
Posts: 1525
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:57 am

Whether or not he agrees with the rule, .there is absolutely nothing unethical with this. I remember Chip Kelly doing the same thing with Nick Foles and Sam B when he was in Philly. It works great with a developing young qb. Probably when Goff gets a little more experience, it will be annoying to him.



User avatar
69RamFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6213
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm
Location: LA-CA By way of NY/NJ

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:59 am

Simms also seems to forget,,,,

The D can change their look with less than 15 secs,,,,

and at the same time, Goff still is making his progression reads...

and doesn't want to give him credit for doing so....

Sounds like he is just a little jealous..... :lol: :lol: :lol:



User avatar
majik
Veteran
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:07 am

I don't think a break huddle thing would work because a very legitimate strategy of the no huddle is limiting the substitution ability of the defense.



User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am

Clovis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am
Here we have a college educated man (Simms) claiming something is "unethical" but failing to mention which "ethic" is being violated, all the while acknowledging the team is following NFL rules that govern ALL NFL teams. Simms claims the NFL needs to look into it? So someone else needs to fix his problem? Didn't he acknowledge the rule? He did not say the RAMS were breaking the rule, but he has a problem with the RAMS being better at it than he was so "the NFL needs to look into it". Simms is showing his vagina.

That's the problem with People in our country. So called "educated" people are taught nothing more than disrespecting someone else because "I have a problem". Next thing we'll have spoiled rotten millionaires disrespecting our People by kneeling for OUR National Anthem because they have a problem.
The irony of your last line.

Dude... you're Simms in that scenario.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

idahoramfan
Bench Warmer
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:51 am

Clovis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am
That's the problem with People in our country. So called "educated" people are taught nothing more than disrespecting someone else because "I have a problem". Next thing we'll have spoiled rotten millionaires disrespecting our People by kneeling for OUR National Anthem because they have a problem.
Instead, the future of our country is much better served with citizens that are incentivized to be ingnorant, encouraged to not think critically about public policy or don't dare to question entrenched conventions that have systematically fostered inequality - lest they be branded as "unpatriotic"?

Please. Just save your patriotism shield for your noontime Fox and Friends appointment.



User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:24 am

Clovis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am
That's the problem with People in our country. So called "educated" people are taught nothing more than disrespecting someone else because "I have a problem". Next thing we'll have spoiled rotten millionaires disrespecting our People by kneeling for OUR National Anthem because they have a problem.
Just like 50+ years ago, whiny people who "had a problem" with 'Jim Crow' segregation carrying on about "social justice" with marches and sit-ins.

It goes back even further, American young men dying in battle just because some ridiculously sensitive U.S. leaders "had a problem" with Germany carrying out genocidal mass murder in Europe.

"If the Nazis aren't wiping out your family or yourself, then you shouldn't have a problem with it!"

:? :x :roll:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish


McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

User avatar
Utah Rams Fan
Veteran
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:16 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:25 am

idahoramfan wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:51 am
Clovis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am
That's the problem with People in our country. So called "educated" people are taught nothing more than disrespecting someone else because "I have a problem". Next thing we'll have spoiled rotten millionaires disrespecting our People by kneeling for OUR National Anthem because they have a problem.
Instead, the future of our country is much better served with citizens that are incentivized to be ingnorant, encouraged to not think critically about public policy or don't dare to question entrenched conventions that have systematically fostered inequality - lest they be branded as "unpatriotic"?

Please. Just save your patriotism shield for your noontime Fox and Friends appointment.
Shouldn’t you be blocking traffic somewhere?


Fan since 1969

User avatar
harkin
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:29 am

“Incentivised to be ignorant” is the exact description of the kneelers who are protesting a crisis which doesn’t exist.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/hard- ... 15458.html

If any of us go to work and put politics in the customer’s face we can be fired. Anyone positing the ‘woke’ players smack is adding to the ignorance.

Back to the conversation: Boomer piled on this morning, suggesting Goff needs to think for himself.



Clovis
Veteran
Posts: 1999
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:59 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:36 am

Commish wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:24 am
Clovis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am
That's the problem with People in our country. So called "educated" people are taught nothing more than disrespecting someone else because "I have a problem". Next thing we'll have spoiled rotten millionaires disrespecting our People by kneeling for OUR National Anthem because they have a problem.
Just like 50+ years ago, whiny people who "had a problem" with 'Jim Crow' segregation carrying on about "social justice" with marches and sit-ins.

It goes back even further, American young men dying in battle just because some ridiculously sensitive U.S. leaders "had a problem" with Germany carrying out genocidal mass murder in Europe.

"If the Nazis aren't wiping out your family or yourself, then you shouldn't have a problem with it!"

:? :x :roll:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
So what you're saying is the crybaby players have a problem with the military and veterans? Since their animosity is taken out against the military and veterans this is what you are comparing. You probably have neither the intelligence or backbone to debate this with me. If I came and shit on your doorstep but claimed I meant no disrespect is it true? No. Grow a fucking brain and a pair of nuts you fucking pussy.



Clovis
Veteran
Posts: 1999
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:59 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 am

Dick84 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am
Clovis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am
Here we have a college educated man (Simms) claiming something is "unethical" but failing to mention which "ethic" is being violated, all the while acknowledging the team is following NFL rules that govern ALL NFL teams. Simms claims the NFL needs to look into it? So someone else needs to fix his problem? Didn't he acknowledge the rule? He did not say the RAMS were breaking the rule, but he has a problem with the RAMS being better at it than he was so "the NFL needs to look into it". Simms is showing his vagina.

That's the problem with People in our country. So called "educated" people are taught nothing more than disrespecting someone else because "I have a problem". Next thing we'll have spoiled rotten millionaires disrespecting our People by kneeling for OUR National Anthem because they have a problem.
The irony of your last line.

Dude... you're Simms in that scenario.
You have to outgrow your ego Dick and see beyond your limited experience. . I am a veteran and I served with men from all backgrounds. These young men were educated to be pussified and cry and lash out at someone when they have a problem. They have a legitimate beef I agree. Disrespecting me and the men I served with is NOT the solution to their problem. People like you backing them up is completely absurd. You're not helping a single fucking person but it makes you feel better, right?



User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 am

harkin wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:29 am
“Incentivised to be ignorant” is the exact description of the kneelers who are protesting a crisis which doesn’t exist.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/hard- ... 15458.html

If any of us go to work and put politics in the customer’s face we can be fired. Anyone positing the ‘woke’ players smack is adding to the ignorance.

Back to the conversation: Boomer piled on this morning, suggesting Goff needs to think for himself.
Which ignorance is that?

And people lying or twisting the protest to make it against the flag/America/soldiers are morally bankrupt.

Several protesters are of military families.

Instead of going "whattabout"... why not take a long look at law enforcement.
Lots of GREAT cops who care. Sadly... too many turn the other way to protect "the brotherhood".
We've seen repeated incidents where multiple officers statements had nothing to do with reality uncovered on video. I'm not even talking about the truly bad/incompetent cops who pulled the trigger. I'm talking about the cover ups.
Let's just be honest about it.
Want to talk about other issues honestly? I'm all for it... but don't talk about other issues & pretend you're addressing this issue.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:45 am

Clovis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 am
Dick84 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am
Clovis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am
Here we have a college educated man (Simms) claiming something is "unethical" but failing to mention which "ethic" is being violated, all the while acknowledging the team is following NFL rules that govern ALL NFL teams. Simms claims the NFL needs to look into it? So someone else needs to fix his problem? Didn't he acknowledge the rule? He did not say the RAMS were breaking the rule, but he has a problem with the RAMS being better at it than he was so "the NFL needs to look into it". Simms is showing his vagina.

That's the problem with People in our country. So called "educated" people are taught nothing more than disrespecting someone else because "I have a problem". Next thing we'll have spoiled rotten millionaires disrespecting our People by kneeling for OUR National Anthem because they have a problem.
The irony of your last line.

Dude... you're Simms in that scenario.
You have to outgrow your ego Dick and see beyond your limited experience. . I am a veteran and I served with men from all backgrounds. These young men were educated to be pussified and cry and lash out at someone when they have a problem. They have a legitimate beef I agree. Disrespecting me and the men I served with is NOT the solution to their problem. People like you backing them up is completely absurd. You're not helping a single fucking person but it makes you feel better, right?
You've *chosen* to make their protest about you.

And you are Simms in this scenario.

The First Amendment allows us to protest. Sure.. their employer could try to compel them... but that's *their employer's* choice.

They are using the system properly and YOU are whining about it... just like Simms.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Clovis
Veteran
Posts: 1999
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:59 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:47 am

Dick84 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 am

And people lying or twisting the protest to make it against the flag/America/soldiers are morally bankrupt.
It's not a lie you idiot. How about I come shit in your living room and tell you not to twist it and make it against you? You don't know shit about this. Stick to what you know Dick.



User avatar
harkin
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:53 am

To compare the NFL kneelers to civil rights protesters or WW2 soldiers is the very height of idiocy. It’s also an insult to those people who have sought to fight very real evils.

From the article I linked:

Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population.”

THAT’S a real crisis, based on facts and not lies from community organizers and dishonest politicians to distract the public from destructive community pathologies and compel them to continue to vote for failed policies.

As to the protest not being about the flag or country:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.” Colin Kaepernick - 2016

Now please stop with the ignorance and get back on topic.



User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:57 am

Clovis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:36 am
Commish wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:24 am
Clovis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am
That's the problem with People in our country. So called "educated" people are taught nothing more than disrespecting someone else because "I have a problem". Next thing we'll have spoiled rotten millionaires disrespecting our People by kneeling for OUR National Anthem because they have a problem.
Just like 50+ years ago, whiny people who "had a problem" with 'Jim Crow' segregation carrying on about "social justice" with marches and sit-ins.

It goes back even further, American young men dying in battle just because some ridiculously sensitive U.S. leaders "had a problem" with Germany carrying out genocidal mass murder in Europe.

"If the Nazis aren't wiping out your family or yourself, then you shouldn't have a problem with it!"

:? :x :roll:

RAM POWER!!
So what you're saying is the crybaby players have a problem with the military and veterans?
Actually, IIRC virtually NOBODY with any intelligence has claimed any connection at all between protests for social justice and having "a problem with the military and veterans." That's merely a claim made by people who have no interest in improving the U.S.A.

King George III (1776): "What are those crybaby American colonists whining about now?"

:) 8-) :idea:

--The Commish


McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:59 am

harkin wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:53 am
To compare the NFL kneelers to civil rights protesters or WW2 soldiers is the very height of idiocy. It’s also an insult to those people who have sought to fight very real evils.

From the article I linked:

Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population.”

THAT’S a real crisis, based on facts and not lies from community organizers and dishonest politicians to distract the public from destructive community pathologies and compel them to continue to vote for failed policies.

As to the protest not being about the flag or country:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.” Colin Kaepernick - 2016

Now please stop with the ignorance and get back on topic.
Please feel free to poach your statistics and ignore issues brought up when men are gunned down... its documented on video.. and there are no consequences.
Also ignore conviction rates and sentences for blacks compared to whites for the same crimes.

I don't pretend there aren't MAJOR issues black leaders and communities need to address honestly. And.. many aren't. But I don't confuse that with the very real issues of racial injustice being brought up.

Some people can only see one problem and have to blame someone. That ain't me.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:07 am

Btw.... I strongly support our military in words and actions.

I respect their commitment by aggressively questioning their use.
I argued against Iraq... not because I'm some kind of pacifist... but because I knew Saddam had nothing to do with Al Qaeda or 9-11. I didn't see the value in sending our troops there.
I support military families.. many grossly underserved.
I also want to see us own up to our responsibility to care for them after their service.

I don't take that stuff lightly.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

User avatar
harkin
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:19 am

You also should not take fraud lightly.

I’m citing very real crime statistics.

I also never said bad cops should not be punished, but the REAL crime stats show that there is no epidemic of cops killing blacks, just the opposite.

As to “poaching stats”:

From the article:

”Four studies came out in 2016 alone rebutting the charge that police shootings are racially biased. If there is a bias in police shootings, it works in favor of blacks and against whites. That truth has not stopped the ongoing demonization of the police—including, now, by many of the country’s ignorant professional athletes. The toll will be felt, as always, in the inner city, by the thousands of law-abiding people there who desperately want more police protection”.


Got that? Four different studies, including the US Justice Dept and the Washington Post. The protesters are actually doing damage to the very community they purport to be defending.

I’m done. You’ll either listen and consider or you won’t. But please get back on topic.



User avatar
Dick84
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:32 am

harkin wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:19 am
You also should not take fraud lightly.

I’m citing very real crime statistics.

I also never said bad cops should not be punished, but the REAL crime stats show that there is no epidemic of cops killing blacks, just the opposite.

As to “poaching stats”:

From the article:

”Four studies came out in 2016 alone rebutting the charge that police shootings are racially biased. If there is a bias in police shootings, it works in favor of blacks and against whites. That truth has not stopped the ongoing demonization of the police—including, now, by many of the country’s ignorant professional athletes. The toll will be felt, as always, in the inner city, by the thousands of law-abiding people there who desperately want more police protection”.


Got that? Four different studies, including the US Justice Dept and the Washington Post. The protesters are actually doing damage to the very community they purport to be defending.

I’m done. You’ll either listen and consider or you won’t. But please get back on topic.
Look if you don't want to understand who the Manhattan Institute is... I can't help you.

I don't post skewed stuff from far left think tanks.

Got that?

I discussed the fact that there are real issues that the black community needs to tackle.
It doesn't change the reality that there are a huge number of cover ups when unarmed black men are shot and killed by police... as well as other major problems in the criminal justice world.


Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

User avatar
harkin
Pro-bowler
Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:39 am

Nice try but the US Justice Dept and the Washington Post (among others) supplied the stats. You are doing what is known as both misdirection and shooting the messenger.

Please feel free to supply facts which dispute the findings of the US Justice Dept and the Washington Post.

Speaking of the Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po ... 7dff5d72a3

Enjoy.



unclesams
Starter
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:34 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:42 am

"Who the hell is Chris Simms?"

Signed
Robert Irsey



Post Reply
Rate this topic