Chris Simms believes McVay and Goff's communication at the line is "unethical" (video)

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Kenny
Starter

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Rammer wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:01 am

----Kaepernick himself said he was thumbing his nose at the country. "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color" Colin Kaepernick
Yeah, of course. He's protesting the country and its policing policies, not the military or its veterans. I'm glad you get it.

I stand with anyone willing to stand at attention or with their hand on their heart. Just as I stand with anyone who is not happy with any of the current administrations (be they national or state) and wish to kneel in protest against them rather than rioting and breaking shit.

A nation is not an abstract thing. It's made up of people who make decisions and affect (and sometimes change) policy. The people in government change over time, and people are flawed. You can't say, "Well, they're Americans, so they're automatically in the right." No one is always right. (Not even McSlay!)

People demanding unquestioned loyalty to mere symbols (such as a flag or an anthem) without granting the ability to question policy aren't patriots, they're totalitarians.

North Korea approves of that kind of loyalty.

P,S, Chris Simms can go take a flying leap.

Autumn is Coming.

RamPower
Veteran

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:25 pm

SoCalRam78 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 pm
Simms can go fuck himself. Crybaby bum. His dad was overrated too, glad Hostetler won that second super bowl and not him.

Is this a rule violation? No, every team can do it. Bottom line is McVay needs to make the right calls, he can because he's a brilliant, relentless play caller. Goff has to execute, he does because he's a solid QB.

If it's so easy, why don't other teams do it and turn around the worst NFL offense into one of its best overnight. That's right, they can't. They don't have McVay or Goff.
So true. Goff does his reading after the snap (and some before as well obviously = let's not be blind idiots). Goff can see the field. Can find the best target thru his progressions as he reads the D...even pull-off some backyard ball apparently :D

Claremontram
Veteran

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Simms is over reacting; those 15 seconds have minimal impact. Defenses are moving around and adjusting right up to the snap.

RamPower
Veteran

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:35 pm

As far as kneeling to disrespect our veterans...unfortunately it's had that indirect affect (vets feeling offended by those not standing before the flag), but again that obviously wasn't the intention.

Good Lord, how many players were kneeling a few months ago before Trump opened his mouth? Any at that time? But the next game after? You think it's a coincidence and the players just instantly/spontaneously decided to trash our vets at that moment? Holy fuck hardly. That was a royal fuck you aimed at nobody but Trump and absolutely nothing else. It's never been about our vets, even from the start. Cops and the justice system sure, but not our military.

It's a cheap smokescreen in it's attempt to divide people, but people can be predisposed to accept things blindly of course (agenda is strong).

Rammer
Veteran

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:05 am

Kenny wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:15 pm
Rammer wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:01 am

----Kaepernick himself said he was thumbing his nose at the country. "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color" Colin Kaepernick
Yeah, of course. He's protesting the country and its policing policies, not the military or its veterans. I'm glad you get it.

I stand with anyone willing to stand at attention or with their hand on their heart. Just as I stand with anyone who is not happy with any of the current administrations (be they national or state) and wish to kneel in protest against them rather than rioting and breaking shit.

A nation is not an abstract thing. It's made up of people who make decisions and affect (and sometimes change) policy. The people in government change over time, and people are flawed. You can't say, "Well, they're Americans, so they're automatically in the right." No one is always right. (Not even McSlay!)

People demanding unquestioned loyalty to mere symbols (such as a flag or an anthem) without granting the ability to question policy aren't patriots, they're totalitarians.

North Korea approves of that kind of loyalty.

P,S, Chris Simms can go take a flying leap.

Of course they have the right to protest. . This isn't about arresting anyone for sitting during the anthem. It's about whether or not I support them while they diss our country and our veterans. .Regardless of what they say now, and how they try to spin it, this is what the protests mean to me and half of the people that live in our country.. (Dissing our flag in London was the absolute worst.).

If you want to talk about totalitarianism, how about telling others how they are supposed to think? how they are supposed to feel? If the protests offend you, you are a dictator. Sheez, that crosses the line into Orwell, doesn't it? Sorry, just like they have a fundamental right to protest. I have the right to disapprove of the way they are doing it.

Ram Man
Starter

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:13 pm

Did Florio get a face lift? :lol:

Rate this topic