General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
sdram
Pro-bowler

Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:57 am

Latest post of the previous page:

harkin wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:02 pm
Beat the Niners with the scrubs!
Now that's a novel concept. Let Mannion and Malcolm Brown carve 'em up. ;)

I definitely think Whitworth, Saffold and Sullivan should sit this one out...and if they're not playing, then Goff and Gurley shouldn't play. Defensively, sit the veterans as well. If the Rams lose to those no good #%$#$%*&& 9rs, so be it. It's a meaningless game. IMHO a 4th seed may be better anyway. The Eagles look beatable, and I'm not worried about the Saints or Carolina winning a game in Minny. It will be up to the Rams to do that. 8-)

Clovis
Veteran

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:05 am

I was seriously looking forward to winning a bet with my girlfriend. Not so confident about it now. I guess I need to be a little extra nice this week.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:16 am

11-5 wont suck if it keeps our players fresh and goes deep in the playoffs...

The RAMs coaching staff are looking at the second season,,, the regular season is over...

Its the same thing as pre season,,,
you don't play your best players on that last game....

Our new season is the playoffs.....

You need fresh legs with no further injuries,,, especially going through a grueling three weeks against the best teams in the league....

Then I laugh at some posters that talk about milestone and awards for the regular season,,,,

The ultimate award is the Super Bowl....
that takes precedence over any season individual player award or rivalry against another team....

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:32 am

69RamFan wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:42 pm
Dick84 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:12 pm
RadRacerRams wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:06 pm
the 49er game has meaning ......... Especially if the RAMS and Saints play each other in the NFC Championship Game...........you Want to secure Home games when ever Possible........!!! Drew Brees feeds off of the Saints home crowd.........!!!

PS. but McVay didn't actually say which Players would be sitting.......So maybe this is a Big smoke Screen move to get the 40-whiners off Balance.........!!!

Go RAMS : Maybe we can still win the Game without Goff and Gurley in there..........!!!!
I will take a fresher rested team playing on any field over a tired and beat up team.
Fresh and rested are relative this time of year... but a week off can only be a good thing.
They have to win two games before they even need to be worried about the Saints.
What happen Dick,,

He suckered you in too,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fair. But I started this one :-)

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:35 am

69RamFan wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:16 am
11-5 wont suck if it keeps our players fresh and goes deep in the playoffs...

The RAMs coaching staff are looking at the second season,,, the regular season is over...

Its the same thing as pre season,,,
you don't play your best players on that last game....

Our new season is the playoffs.....

You need fresh legs with no further injuries,,, especially going through a grueling three weeks against the best teams in the league....

Then I laugh at some posters that talk about milestone and awards for the regular season,,,,

The ultimate award is the Super Bowl....
that takes precedence over any season individual player award or rivalry against another team....
Perfect.
And.... GREAT point about preseason... remember how little the starters played? Health is McVay's priority. I think he believes in his team's ability to prepare.

It's easier when you run things from a concept standpoint over throwing together some random plays. Simple. Elegant.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:31 am

Then I hear poster,, that they are not going to the game or watch the game,,, that's a crack of shit.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

if you're a true fan,,,,, you're still going to watch the game....

Cause I wanna see our backups play this meaningless game...

against a team that's trying to move up and prove something about themselves...

At the same time we can see what we have for backup and the future...

Their one's against our two's,,, perfect scenario for our team heading into the playoffs...

NorCal RF
Veteran

Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:47 am

Bottom line is this. 2 NFC teams knew they were going into their first round game rested and as healthy as they could be. Saints, Falcons, Panthers, and Seahawks have to go full bore this Sunday because of what's at stake. That leaves one team, this team, to decide do we want to be Philly n Minny and be rested or be the other 3 who get in and risk possibly adding to Webster, Longacre, Zuerline over a 3rd or 4th seeding.

Sorry but it's hard to argue the logic McVay is using going into the Niner game. Sure everyone would prefer the NFC Championship game against the 4th seed team to be at home. But really what's the chance of that even happening. And if it does honestly does anyone not think this team can't go into New Orleans or Carolina and win. And if we don't I guarantee you it won't be because of where we play. This team has consistently gone into hostile environments this year and won.

Niners? No one wants to beat their sorry asses more then me living here with their idiot fans. Hell they are all treating it like a damn super bowl. But that hatred for that team is our fixation as fans not the teams. Their sorry asses are done come late afternoon this Sunday. Ours is not. A hell of a lot more is at stake this Sunday then worrying about beating them.

bigklein
Veteran

Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:55 am

So it is written. So it shall be done.

RAMS 1974
Starter

Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:05 pm

majik wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:58 pm
Cornell29 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:16 pm
I dont think the rams can beat the saints in new Orleans in nfc title game. Hopefully mcvay don't regret his decision when nfc title game come around.
That is the gamble you are taking because the Saints HAVE to play to win in Week 17.

If the Rams get the 4 seed you are looking at the Panthers instead of the Falcons/Seahawks and the Eagles instead of the Vikes in Round 2.

Could the Saints beat the Vikes in Round 2 and make us regret this decision?
Id rather face NO at their house, than Vikes at their house in Title game. IMHO

Roll LA Rams !

RAMS FAN
DURHAMVILLE, NY
(JMF, 1974 xoxox)

Prothro
Starter

Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:50 pm

However McVay decides to approach it works for me. He's this season's Coach of the Year and he knows his team better than anyone.

bigklein
Veteran

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:17 pm

The Rams have a great roster. I’m looking forward to watching the backups.

Ram Man
Starter

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Rookie mistake for McVay.

sanbagger
Veteran

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Ram Man wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:10 pm
Rookie mistake for McVay.
It's not a mistake, that's a little dramatic don't you think?

Coaches make decisions every day...some work out and some don't...shrug. This was just a decision he had to make and now the team is gonna roll with it....no biggie IMO.

Rate this topic