Prediction: Rams one-and-done if give away 49ers game

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
UtahRam
Starter

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:26 am

Latest post of the previous page:

NorCal RF wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:18 am
And again Utah why does it matter if the niners finish 0-6 or 1-5 in the division this year. Why should such be important to McVay or for that matter any of us. Nobody cares!
It was one of many things I listed. Why do you keep bringing up this nugget as the only reason I wanted the starters to play at least half the game?

Ram Man
Starter

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:56 am

It looks like we have a lot of Rams fans who have been one for less than two years and subscribe to the "McVay Can Do No Wrong" theory. On the other hand, I've missed one Rams game since 1993 due to a hospital stay so my opinion about the game in general has some merit (and I haven't played a video game since the original Madden on my Apple IIc, so no XBox player here as someone assumed).

I could care less about the 49er rivalry making this game a must win. Yes, it'd be great if every Ram was healthy and we had the luxury of a meaningless game to rest up.

But we don't have that luxury because our record wasn't good enough to earn it. And to those who still refer to today's game as meaningless just doesn't get it. Shouldn't New England's game vs the Jets at home be considered meaningless? If so, why are they playing everybody, when Pittsburgh will rest their guys for two weeks? Maybe it has something to do with Belichick's playoff experience? Maybe he wants to ensure his team doesnt lose a seed by resting players?
Gee, what does that guy know?

What team today that can lose a seed by resting players is doing that? What team has EVER done that??? That alone speaks volumes. But maybe McVay will just be a trend setter based on his overwhelming playoff experience. Oh well...go Rams and (now, to help keep the Rams at 3) Go Bucs!

harkin
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:05 am

If you think some of the stuff posted in this thread by Ram fans is looney, check this theory from my Dad’s Niner fan neighbor:

He says the reason McVay is resting key starters is because the NFL has been put on notice that with Garroplo’s addition the Niners are now among the NFL elite - and McVay fears that losing to the Niners with all his starters in would give their psyches such a jolt they would never recover in time to show up for the first playoff game.

I think the best solution for all this delusion, trepidation and ill will is for our scrubs to thrash Frisco.

Let’s focus on what’s important.....GO RAMS!!!

Ants
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:06 am

Rampager66 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 am

Pulling shit out of your ass and coating it with drama doesn't hide the smell.

:lol:
I gotta write that one down.

Ram Man wrote:
Shouldn't New England's game vs the Jets at home be considered meaningless? If so, why are they playing everybody, when Pittsburgh will rest their guys for two weeks? Maybe it has something to do with Belichick's playoff experience? Maybe he wants to ensure his team doesnt lose a seed by resting players?
You know, there more than one way to prepare an egg.
New England is a different team in a different situation.
The Rams are the Rams and McVay will do what he thinks is best. If the Rams lose their 1st playoff game, does that mean he was wrong? NO.

:idea: Let's win some games.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:14 am

UtahRam wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:26 am
NorCal RF wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:18 am
And again Utah why does it matter if the niners finish 0-6 or 1-5 in the division this year. Why should such be important to McVay or for that matter any of us. Nobody cares!
It was one of many things I listed. Why do you keep bringing up this nugget as the only reason I wanted the starters to play at least half the game?
Hello! Because you keep on mentioning this meaningless subject!

sanbagger
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:16 am

One interesting tidbit I've noticed during this back and forth discussion....most don't give the Rams a chance today.

While I agree the niners are a much improved team since Jimmy G took over....they are still very beatable.

The Rams have a deep receiving corps, Thomas has been an afterthought and I think he's a hell of a player, they have depth at RB, Davis and Brown are more of a thunder and lightening mix, and Manion is very comfortable throwing the short underneath passes.

I actually like their chances of winning today.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:19 am

harkin wrote:
If you think some of the stuff posted in this thread by Ram fans is looney, check this theory from my Dad’s Niner fan neighbor:

He says the reason McVay is resting key starters is because the NFL has been put on notice that with Garroplo’s addition the Niners are now among the NFL elite - and McVay fears that losing to the Niners with all his starters in would give their psyches such a jolt they would never recover in time to show up for the first playoff game.

I think the best solution for all this delusion, trepidation and ill will is for our scrubs to thrash Frisco.

Your neighbor is the poster child for the idiot Niner fans up here. I have a few of those "neighbors" also. Ask your dad to if his neighbor has put up his Niner car flags again. God only know they all suddenly disappeared when they started losing again.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:23 am

Ram Man wrote:
It looks like we have a lot of Rams fans who have been one for less than two years and subscribe to the "McVay Can Do No Wrong" theory. On the other hand, I've missed one Rams game since 1993 due to a hospital stay so my opinion about the game in general has some merit (and I haven't played a video game since the original Madden on my Apple IIc, so no XBox player here as someone assumed).

I could care less about the 49er rivalry making this game a must win. Yes, it'd be great if every Ram was healthy and we had the luxury of a meaningless game to rest up.

But we don't have that luxury because our record wasn't good enough to earn it. And to those who still refer to today's game as meaningless just doesn't get it. Shouldn't New England's game vs the Jets at home be considered meaningless? If so, why are they playing everybody, when Pittsburgh will rest their guys for two weeks? Maybe it has something to do with Belichick's playoff experience? Maybe he wants to ensure his team doesnt lose a seed by resting players?

What team today that can lose a seed by resting players is doing that? What team has EVER done that??? That alone speaks volumes. But maybe McVay will just be a trend setter based on his overwhelming playoff experience. Oh well...go Rams and (now, to help keep the Rams at 3) Go Bucs!
Looking forward to you using this as the excuse if the Rams lose in the NFC Championship game. The rest of us will get the real reason.

RamPower
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:54 am

harkin wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah that’s nuts. Regardless of who or where they’ve played, the Rams have shown no fear this year, none. Players sidelined by injury fight to get back on the field. They all bought in and have played like champs, NFC West champs to be exact.

But if we want to look at just the last four games, the Rams total destruction of SEA in what was basically a playoff game was huge. Big win at TENN to wrap it up (NFC West) by two teams again basically playing with playoffs in mind. Before that, Rams going toe-to-toe with arguably the best team in football until Wentz went down. A common Ram blow out on the road before that (AZ), as has been the case all year with Rams vs. inferior opponents. Win over playoff bound NO before that btw...

Afraid to play the whiners with Garrop? Close wins over shit teams on the road, close wins at home over decent teams. Hell, that was no playoff battle as the whiners were playing with house money (no pressure). They’ve become average at best.

The Rams afraid to play SF straight up, starters vs starters? That’s fucking delusional.

harkin
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm

One good thing for sure is that the Ram backups have to be very stoked about getting a shot at serious game time at home against our biggest rival.

GO RAMS!!!

Rampager66
Pro-bowler

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm

I agree with Harkin, hope we stomp their asses with our JV squad.
Sure would hate to see one of our young fillins trying to make a name for himself put JG on the DL til the middle of next year or something.

RamPower
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Ram Man wrote:
It looks like ...
Again lame.

Steelers know Cheats have to win that game, will win that game. But hell, what do the Steelers know about playoff success either :shock:

AGAIN, you’re worried about “what if” we play at NO should both teams get that far BUT NOT playing at MINN vs. at PHIL? (ok, you actually preferred at MINN :D ). Eagles are doing what since Wentz went down? MINN looks what still? I wanna beat the whiners sure, but that’s secondary to going full potential health into the second season. Rams aren’t afraid where they play, including at MINN or Philly (or NO). Of course they’d rather play at home. They will try to win today with who's on the field. But coming out healthy like a playoff bye week team is certainly the supreme goal.

If players didn’t consider health factors, you wouldn’t see some of these college guys sitting out bowl games. It sure isn’t to rest up for combines, all-star games and Pro days. They want to be peak healthy for the most important event in their life. Sort of like entering the playoffs. Sure we want to see our best players play every snap, but risk/reward often intervenes.

Pj50
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:28 pm

sanbagger wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:16 am
One interesting tidbit I've noticed during this back and forth discussion....most don't give the Rams a chance today.

While I agree the niners are a much improved team since Jimmy G took over....they are still very beatable.

The Rams have a deep receiving corps, Thomas has been an afterthought and I think he's a hell of a player, they have depth at RB, Davis and Brown are more of a thunder and lightening mix, and Manion is very comfortable throwing the short underneath passes.

I actually like their chances of winning today.
Right the fuck on Brother

Go Rams!!!

Ram Man
Starter

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:47 pm

NE up by 3 TDs in the fourth and Brady is still in there. Enough said.

RamPower
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:16 pm

Ram Man wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:47 pm
NE up by 3 TDs in the fourth and Brady is still in there. Enough said.
He's been hit a lot today too, at least when I was watching.

But I'll say it once more. Even tho I'm sure McVey isn't looking at it this way, I would MUCH rather play at PHIL than MINN (regardless of any game after). That's the key game in these playoffs for me. Both have great D's, but that Eagle O, wow that's not Super Bowl caliber. It will very likely be MINN in the NFC champ game. Hopefully against us. Staying fully healthy will be a huge factor for every team, esp. since Viks are resting next week.

Skyhook
Starter

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:21 pm

Why in the hell would a Ram fan question ANYTHING McVay does?

He seems to have things well under control and will only get better.

"In Sean I Trust"

:R