Prediction: Rams one-and-done if give away 49ers game

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

took the video off line
Last edited by 69RamFan on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanbagger
Veteran

Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:13 pm

Rampager66 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:58 pm
sanbagger wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:53 pm
Rampager66 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Tell that to Cleveland?
I doubt the Rams beat a CFL team without those sitting or on snap counts this week.

Just look at the Steelers, Clinched a 1st round bye and are playing everybody this week vs the 0-15 Browns on the hope that New England will blow the No.1 seed by losing at home to Josh McCown and the Jets. Almost guarantee there's no "any given sunday" there
I agree with the OP. We need to play it like it matters and win this thing.
I think you need to check that Steelers line-up again....Big Ben and Bell are sitting along with Brown who was gonna sit anyway
Ok thanks for the heads up, last I saw their coach said they were playing everyone,
Cleveland may beat them then.
Not a chance....lol

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Robocop wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:08 am
More like an immature response from an immature fan. Is it worth it to play that starting line of Whitworth, Saffold and Sullivan that needs to heal. No. Is it right to put Goff and Gurley out there behind a backup line then? No. Do guys like Barron and Ogletree need to heal? Yes. Should Donald be out there without half the starting defense. No. Do you think McVay wants to win this game and will try his hardest. You're goddamn right!! Bad OP
Funny you'd mention Goff being out there behind a make shift O-line..... But that's exactly what Mannion gonna have to do ..............!! and Jared Goff is the BACKUP QB Sunday.......... :arrow: So if Mannion goes down in the Game at anytime........that means Goff will jog on to the field and start playing behind that make shift O-Line Sunday........... :!: And don't be surprised if you see Goff Sunday.......Cuz it only takes 1 hit to knock Mannion outta the Game.....!!!
:idea: So if McVay really wants to protect the Team , Why not Just forfeit the game right after the 1st Kickoff........then Goff and Mannion would have no opportunity to get hurt at all.......!!!

Go Rams : in NO WAY McVay should put Goff out there behind a Make shift O-Line........So If Mannion goes down is he gonna put Whitworth out there to Protect Goff...... :?: and if McVay has to do that , There goes the Idea of resting the Starters...... I'd rather McVay play the Game to win it.........!!!! you can rest the Guys all week if you want........!!!

Robocop
Veteran

Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:58 pm

RadRacerRams wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:25 pm
Robocop wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:08 am
More like an immature response from an immature fan. Is it worth it to play that starting line of Whitworth, Saffold and Sullivan that needs to heal. No. Is it right to put Goff and Gurley out there behind a backup line then? No. Do guys like Barron and Ogletree need to heal? Yes. Should Donald be out there without half the starting defense. No. Do you think McVay wants to win this game and will try his hardest. You're goddamn right!! Bad OP
Funny you'd mention Goff being out there behind a make shift O-line..... But that's exactly what Mannion gonna have to do ..............!! and Jared Goff is the BACKUP QB Sunday.......... :arrow: So if Mannion goes down in the Game at anytime........that means Goff will jog on to the field and start playing behind that make shift O-Line Sunday........... :!: And don't be surprised if you see Goff Sunday.......Cuz it only takes 1 hit to knock Mannion outta the Game.....!!!
:idea: So if McVay really wants to protect the Team , Why not Just forfeit the game right after the 1st Kickoff........then Goff and Mannion would have no opportunity to get hurt at all.......!!!

Go Rams : in NO WAY McVay should put Goff out there behind a Make shift O-Line........So If Mannion goes down is he gonna put Whitworth out there to Protect Goff...... :?: and if McVay has to do that , There goes the Idea of resting the Starters...... I'd rather McVay play the Game to win it.........!!!! you can rest the Guys all week if you want........!!!
Don't overreact. If that dramatic outcome of yours happens there would be a very heavy dose of runs screens and quick passes whether the starters on line are there or not

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:15 pm

Y'know... I'm fine with a guys saying he'd do it differently.

The guy saying McVay is wrong and it's a rookie mistake?

That guy's just a dick.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Clovis
Veteran

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Ram Man wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:49 am
Who tanks a final game and disregards the implications of settling for a lower seed?
I doubt the implications are "disregarded". It could be McVay values certain aspects differently than you do.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:46 pm

Clovis wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 pm
Ram Man wrote:
Who tanks a final game and disregards the implications of settling for a lower seed?
I doubt the implications are "disregarded". It could be McVay values certain aspects differently than you do.
+1

Who said he is tanking,,,

Its more like he is protecting...

I'll take 293 years of the RAMs coaching staff experience VS to some arm chair GM/Coach poster :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robocop
Veteran

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:52 pm

In McVay we trust

UtahRam
Starter

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:27 pm

I would play the starters for at least the first half sans Ogletree and Barron and now maybe Kupp. Play to win.. 12-4, baby. Beat the Niners. Get Gurley his rushing title. First division sweep of the Niners in their history. Those fans in attendance deserve to see the RAMS doing what it takes to win. These guys get paid a shitload of money to play 16+ games a year. Can't believe they're holding Donald back. If the guy is injured- sit him for sure. But tired? Fuck that. They did get Monday and Tuesday off and the old vets get Wednesdays off. Keep the rythm going. Our mantra all year long was one game at a time but that's obviously out the window now as we're already focusing on the playoffs. It's football. Guys can get hurt. What if Saffold gets hurt or Woods or Watkins or Joyner? Those guys are pretty important to our success. If you play them but not others then what are you saying? lol What if Mannion gets creamed in the first quarter this weekend. Goff will go in...lol
It's all a moot point at this time 'cause the decision on who to play has been made but the game isn't meaningless to me. Beat the Niners!!

Commish
Veteran

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:05 pm

UtahRam wrote:
First division sweep of the Niners in their history.
What "history" are you referring to?

IIRC the Rams swept the 49ers in seven seasons during the 1970s alone... :o :shock: :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

UtahRam
Starter

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:11 pm

Commish wrote:
UtahRam wrote:

IIRC the Rams swept the 49ers in seven seasons during the 1970s alone... :o :shock: :idea:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
The 49ers have never been swept by their division opponents.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:25 pm

UtahRam wrote:
Commish wrote:
UtahRam wrote:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
Who cares!

NorCal RF
Veteran

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:33 pm

UtahRam wrote:
I would play the starters for at least the first half sans Ogletree and Barron and now maybe Kupp. Play to win.. 12-4, baby. Beat the Niners. Get Gurley his rushing title. First division sweep of the Niners in their history. Those fans in attendance deserve to see the RAMS doing what it takes to win. These guys get paid a shitload of money to play 16+ games a year. Can't believe they're holding Donald back. If the guy is injured- sit him for sure. But tired? Fuck that. They did get Monday and Tuesday off and the old vets get Wednesdays off. Keep the rythm going. Our mantra all year long was one game at a time but that's obviously out the window now as we're already focusing on the playoffs. It's football. Guys can get hurt. What if Saffold gets hurt or Woods or Watkins or Joyner? Those guys are pretty important to our success. If you play them but not others then what are you saying? lol What if Mannion gets creamed in the first quarter this weekend. Goff will go in...lol
It's all a moot point at this time 'cause the decision on who to play has been made but the game isn't meaningless to me. Beat the Niners!!
You need to let go, just this one time, the importance of beating the niners. You are strictly seeing things only through the eyes of a fan. Trust me I know it is hard but this team right now has much more important things to accomplish then beating a 5-10 team while on its way to the playoffs. And yes this Sunday is a meaningless game.

And if that OL shows it can't protect Mannion early on watch how quick McVay turns the game into a run the ball only game. Again meaningless game.

stLaRams
Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:50 am

Although I like the idea, I am worried that we're about to lose momentum

DOOM357
Starter

Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:24 am

Ram Man wrote:
Short of a glorious effort by the 2nd stringers and the Rams pulling off the victory on Sunday, they will likely lose their third seed ranking. This is a preposterous move by McVay. Here's why:

Is McVay hoping to play Philly instead of the Vikings should they win their wildcard game? How come? One, it will be cold and likely windy. Two, Foles already beat the Rams...at home.

If the Rams and Saints win their divsional games, giving away the third seed would have the NFC Championship game on the road instead of at home where the Rams already beat them. Simply makes zero sense to be okay with that.

Lastly, losing and being cool with having the 4th seed (which gives the impression that the rookie head coach is just happy to be there), will likely have the Rams playing Carolina instead of Atlanta or Seattle. And the team would likely go from a 7-point favorite down to 2 1/2 - 3 points and they would likely lose to the better team of the three -- which would make preferring to the play the Eagles completely moot.

A rookie mistake from a rookie coach.
DO ME A FAVOR TAKE THAT LOSER EXCUSE MENTALITY TO YOURSELF. GO BE A CLEVELAND FAN ASSHOLE

Ants
Veteran

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:56 am

stLaRams wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:50 am
Although I like the idea, I am worried that we're about to lose momentum

So all the teams with a bye will lose momentum too? :?

:idea: Let's win some games.

Rampager66
Pro-bowler

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:56 pm

UtahRam wrote:
Commish wrote:
UtahRam wrote:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
your wrong As mentioned by someone else the 73-80 team used to feast on the 9ers, Saints and Falcons every year
The GSOT team...
"Same Ole sorry assed 9ers"
M. Martz
Didn't the 9ers win 18 straight meetings (19 including the 89 Conference Final) vs the Rams at 1 point, And they had their way with us during their recent teams success and of course their only 2 Wins last year.
Yet the NFL's 5th most all time head to head series is pretty much even. Couldn't happen w/o the Rams sweeping them multiple times.

99rams
Veteran

Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Rampager, Pitt playing for Home Field advantage compared to LA playing 3rd or 4th seed is not even a comparison. It would likely change what team the Rams play AWAY, not a home game. To add to something 69RamFan said, a week can be huge. Just look at the tape of Bobby Wagner vs the Rams as opposed to the Seat/Dallas game and he did that without a break. If Gurley is good to go, he’ll be even better in the playoffs and hopefully we get everyone off the “Questionable” list.

Rampager66
Pro-bowler

Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:33 pm

99rams wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:24 pm
Rampager, Pitt playing for Home Field advantage compared to LA playing 3rd or 4th seed is not even a comparison. It would likely change what team the Rams play AWAY, not a home game. To add to something 69RamFan said, a week can be huge. Just look at the tape of Bobby Wagner vs the Rams as opposed to the Seat/Dallas game and he did that without a break. If Gurley is good to go, he’ll be even better in the playoffs and hopefully we get everyone off the “Questionable” list.
Yes Sandbager has already debunked me on that one, Steelers is a bad example and I agree with your point that it's not a good comparison as well.
I'm ok with them resting the key contributors for the playoffs.
I just hate that it's the 9ers who benefit... the scumbags!

toast49
Veteran

Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:59 pm

UtahRam wrote:
I agree one thousand percent.

UtahRam
Starter

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Rampager66 wrote:
UtahRam wrote:
Commish wrote:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
your wrong As mentioned by someone else the 73-80 team used to feast on the 9ers, Saints and Falcons every year
The GSOT team...
M. Martz
Didn't the 9ers win 18 straight meetings (19 including the 89 Conference Final) vs the Rams at 1 point, And they had their way with us during their recent teams success and of course their only 2 Wins last year.
Yet the NFL's 5th most all time head to head series is pretty much even. Couldn't happen w/o the Rams sweeping them multiple times.
Jesus Christ... I thought I made it clear but apparently not. This season the 49ers are 0-2 against the Cards, 0-2 against the Seahawks and 0-1 against the RAMS. If they lose tomorrow against the RAMS they will have been swept by their division opponents for the first time in their history. Fuck me in the ass with a hot rake!

Rampager66
Pro-bowler

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 am

UtahRam wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:23 pm
Rampager66 wrote:
UtahRam wrote:

The GSOT team...
M. Martz
Jesus Christ... I thought I made it clear but apparently not. This season the 49ers are 0-2 against the Cards, 0-2 against the Seahawks and 0-1 against the RAMS. If they lose tomorrow against the RAMS they will have been swept by their division opponents for the first time in their history. Fuck me in the ass with a hot rake!

Pulling shit out of your ass and coating it with drama doesn't hide the smell.

1978 Niners went 2-14 and 0-6 vs the Rams, Saints and Falcons in the NFC West.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_San_ ... ers_season,

NorCal RF
Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:18 am

And again Utah why does it matter if the niners finish 0-6 or 1-5 in the division this year. Why should such be important to McVay or for that matter any of us. Nobody cares!

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:23 am

NorCal RF wrote:
And again Utah why does it matter if the niners finish 0-6 or 1-5 in the division this year. Why should such be important to McVay or for that matter any of us. Nobody cares!
This.
I'm worried about putting best foot forward in playoffs.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

UtahRam
Starter

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:26 am

NorCal RF wrote:
It was one of many things I listed. Why do you keep bringing up this nugget as the only reason I wanted the starters to play at least half the game?

Ram Man
Starter

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:56 am

It looks like we have a lot of Rams fans who have been one for less than two years and subscribe to the "McVay Can Do No Wrong" theory. On the other hand, I've missed one Rams game since 1993 due to a hospital stay so my opinion about the game in general has some merit (and I haven't played a video game since the original Madden on my Apple IIc, so no XBox player here as someone assumed).

I could care less about the 49er rivalry making this game a must win. Yes, it'd be great if every Ram was healthy and we had the luxury of a meaningless game to rest up.

But we don't have that luxury because our record wasn't good enough to earn it. And to those who still refer to today's game as meaningless just doesn't get it. Shouldn't New England's game vs the Jets at home be considered meaningless? If so, why are they playing everybody, when Pittsburgh will rest their guys for two weeks? Maybe it has something to do with Belichick's playoff experience? Maybe he wants to ensure his team doesnt lose a seed by resting players?
Gee, what does that guy know?

What team today that can lose a seed by resting players is doing that? What team has EVER done that??? That alone speaks volumes. But maybe McVay will just be a trend setter based on his overwhelming playoff experience. Oh well...go Rams and (now, to help keep the Rams at 3) Go Bucs!

Rate this topic