Wentz: Proud Hunter /Gun Worshipper (Repeal 2nd Amendment)

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Safety Blitz
Veteran

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:55 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Fox news...food for the insane.

"In McVay We Trust!"

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:43 pm

I have zero problem with someone hunting responsibly or owning a handgun for home protection.
AR-15s? Gimme a break. Utter nonsense to make those available.

The disconnect between.. "we respect the flag and our police" and... "sure.. let everyone have weapons made to kill as many people as possible" is a huge one.
Cops don't want people to have access to these weapons. Do you support Cops, or not? Do you like the word, "support", but not the obvious actions?

Anyway...

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

SoonerRam
Starter

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Henry VIII wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:40 am
Safety Blitz wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:32 am
So you like killing living beings??
Damn you need to rethink what you are posting. This kid had some kind of mental illness and the FBI was even alerted to him but couldn't or wouldn't connect the dots because they were to busy trying to undermine our setting President instead of running down leads like this. This shooting was a tragedy that might have been preventable had more people spoke up.
Indeed, well said.

hi

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:46 pm

SoonerRam wrote:
Henry VIII wrote:
Safety Blitz wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:32 am
So you like killing living beings??
Damn you need to rethink what you are posting. This kid had some kind of mental illness and the FBI was even alerted to him but couldn't or wouldn't connect the dots because they were to busy trying to undermine our setting President instead of running down leads like this. This shooting was a tragedy that might have been preventable had more people spoke up.
Indeed, well said.
One thing here has nothing to do with the other.

3-24-16

UK Rams Fan
Starter

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:19 am

Hi Guys,

As you will gather from my forum username I am from the United Kingdom (Born & bred). We have no such 2nd amendment law which allows us to bear arms in our country. Guns and such weapons, even knives are banned unless you have a license with good reason to use it. Farmers, Organized hunting etc..

Across the pond we are often shocked by the numerous and more frequent news reports of mass shootings that occur in the US, specifically recently those associated to Las Vegas & Florida, including the common night club & school shootings that occur across the various states.

Be under no illusion, we here in the UK have also had our shocking gun crimes. Look up the Michael Ryan, Hungerford shooting and the awful atrocities that occurred in Dumblane, Scotland by Thomas Hamilton quite a while back.

So, what I'd like to get out of this is how do we combat this as nations? Guns are and will always be available underground within the UK and are obviously more easily accessible within the US.
One poster quite rightly pointed out that there is no need for the use of the most dangerous and devastating type of gun, like automatic pistols and rifles, in the hands of Joe Bloggs. One can surely defend oneself simply with a 6-barrelled revolver or a semi repeating rifle? So why are magazine driven machine guns available to buy?

If there was some sort of incentive to hand those most destructive types of weapons in to the authorities, do you think it would work? For example...

Automatic pistols with clips $250-500.00
Automatic Rifles with Clips/Rounds $500-1000.00 (these are guestimate figures as I haven't a clue how much weapons cost in the US i'm afraid)
Or even swap the above with a less devastating model at your local gun retailer?

Your thoughts?

Ncromwell21
Starter

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:34 am

My thoughts are automatic weapons are illegal for the most part except for those with special permission. AR-15 weapons available to public are semi automatic as are the majority of hand guns sold for home defense in the USA. Things like bump stocks should be made illegal or follow the automatic weapon guidelines already in place. I am a veteran and have been around weapons my entire adult life I have yet to see any gun attack anyone. Our issue is not with the guns it is with who has access to those guns. I am all for the second amendment. I also am for actual background checks for weapon purchases.
Gun laws make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to obtain a gun but my hope is that the new laws would slow down the proliferation of weapons on the secondary market, and to prevent mental unstable people from having such easy access to weapons.

Safety Blitz
Veteran

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 am

No guns for sale in US...end the second amendment
Let's sell grenades and bazookas while we're at it.Come on NRA make some tanks and anti-aircraft guns for our citizens...we need to feel safe...we need to protect ourselves...any 18 year old should be able to bring a machine gun to school...let's lower the age to 12...

"In McVay We Trust!"

UK Rams Fan
Starter

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:28 am

Safety Blitz wrote:
Let's sell grenades and bazookas while we're at it.Come on NRA make some tanks and anti-aircraft guns for our citizens...we need to feel safe...we need to protect ourselves...any 18 year old should be able to bring a machine gun to school...let's lower the age to 12...
I was rather hoping for more sensible constructive answers to my post.. heyho..!!

Henry VIII
Veteran

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 am

Dick84 wrote:
SoonerRam wrote:
Henry VIII wrote:

Indeed, well said.
Really you don't think the FBI has any blame here? But they are all hands on board with the whole Trump Russia BS this has been going on for what 18 months what do they have to show for it another BS case by withholding evidence against Flynn for lying to the FBI and not doing the due diligence into this mentally ill kid are not somehow related? the FBI is so corrupt at the top it's even funny.

Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:29 am

Henry VIII wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 am
Dick84 wrote:
SoonerRam wrote:

Indeed, well said.
Really you don't think the FBI has any blame here? But they are all hands on board with the whole Trump Russia BS this has been going on for what 18 months what do they have to show for it another BS case by withholding evidence against Flynn for lying to the FBI and not doing the due diligence into this mentally ill kid are not somehow related? the FBI is so corrupt at the top it's even funny.
Do you blame a homicide detective when a patrol cop messes up?

Also... numerous, numerous contacts with authorities over the years. Lots of missed chances. What were the local police distracted by? Humans make mistakes, unfortunately.

I'm gonna stick to the Cruz case here.

3-24-16

RamPower
Veteran

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 am

Dick84 wrote:
SoonerRam wrote:
Henry VIII wrote:

Indeed, well said.
Agree. For starters, it's pretty much routine political agenda IMO, starting in Washington and spoon-fed to their eager public who can't seem to get enough. Just when we think the divisions have reached their peak in this country…

Corrupt FBI? Yeah sure…unless they were after somebody on the left, then watch the parties realign in an instant. Yet, no corrupt ties from anyone at the Trump White House (past/present)…just the FBI? By comparison, the FBI are the ones with agendas and political motivations? Yikes.

No doubt somebody at the FBI fucked up the tips regarding the Florida shooter. They admit it. Cops make mistakes. Court rooms too. Tons I'm sure. Hell, how many patients are killed each year in hospital due to staff error? I've seen reports that medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in America. That's FUCKING huge! Yep, it must be some kind of hospital conspiracy to kill our citizens.

I'm not sure what's worse. The fuckheads in Washington creating this shit, or the ones eagerly eating it up…

RamPower
Veteran

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Safety Blitz wrote:
For whatever reason, this country seems to statistically produce a high (highest?) number of people that desire to mass execute innocent civilians. One look at our leaders in Washington and, well, there sure as fuck isn't any assuring solutions being produced there (voters being as guilty as those they elect of course).

Gun violence is a combination of our American society together with a huge number of easily obtainable weaponry.

Obviously, handing over our guns can be handing over freedom and becoming North Korea. Having the right to bear arms against any foreign government, (or even our own obviously in the event of the world's next total police state) is part of what makes America work (it actually does work on many levels).

People can take advantage of freedoms of course. We have to seriously concentrate on what weapons are necessary in which to protect ourselves with, and who exactly we want having access to those weapons. Otherwise, schools will have to be conducted within structures that resemble some sort of a guarded prison compound…

UK Rams Fan
Starter

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:53 am

RamPower wrote:
Safety Blitz wrote:
For whatever reason, this country seems to statistically produce a high (highest?) number of people that desire to mass execute innocent civilians. One look at our leaders in Washington and, well, there sure as fuck isn't any assuring solutions being produced there (voters being as guilty as those they elect of course).

Gun violence is a combination of our American society together with a huge number of easily obtainable weaponry.

Obviously, handing over our guns can be handing over freedom and becoming North Korea. Having the right to bear arms against any foreign government, (or even our own obviously in the event of the world's next total police state) is part of what makes America work (it actually does work on many levels).

People can take advantage of freedoms of course. We have to seriously concentrate on what weapons are necessary in which to protect ourselves with, and who exactly we want having access to those weapons. Otherwise, schools will have to be conducted within structures that resemble some sort of a guarded prison compound…
Thanks rampower, certainly a more thought provoking response than a few of the others.. A few questions if I may though?

The majority of the population of the UK and most of Europe do not own guns and believe me we are far from living under the dictatorship of the likes of North Korea. We are free people as you are.

So why do you feel that handing in your arms will be paramount to handing in your freedom?

Also, if weapons are that important to your nation in terms of protecting itself from potential invasion by a foreign body, why then have a controlled armed forces who's job it is to actually protect you in a properly trained & professional manner?

I see people on forums keep stating that it's not guns that kill people, it's people that kill people. But would the likes of those mentally unstable people be able to kill in such volumes, the likes of Las Vegas and Florida, if automatic machine guns were simply not readily available over the counter or accessible within homes with access by minors and those unstable.

Be good to get this thread moved to 'OFF-TOPIC' ASAP btw.

Thanks

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 am

UK Rams Fan wrote:
RamPower wrote:
Safety Blitz wrote:

Thanks rampower, certainly a more thought provoking response than a few of the others.. A few questions if I may though?

The majority of the population of the UK and most of Europe do not own guns and believe me we are far from living under the dictatorship of the likes of North Korea. We are free people as you are.

So why do you feel that handing in your arms will be paramount to handing in your freedom?

Also, if weapons are that important to your nation in terms of protecting itself from potential invasion by a foreign body, why then have a controlled armed forces who's job it is to actually protect you in a properly trained & professional manner?

I see people on forums keep stating that it's not guns that kill people, it's people that kill people. But would the likes of those mentally unstable people be able to kill in such volumes, the likes of Las Vegas and Florida, if automatic machine guns were simply not readily available over the counter or accessible within homes with access by minors and those unstable.

Thanks
All reasonable takes.

The gun debate isn't reasonable in the US. Common sense gun laws are a problem for the NRA, which is an industry lobbying front now. That wasn't always the case.

If you needed any further evidence that America is breaking apart, the attacks on the kids from Parkland should be enough. Claims of "crisis actors" and such are the horrific new norm in our society for a growing segment.

The President seems to be making a couple of solid common-sense steps on gun laws. I hope he takes common sense to its logical conclusion and bans assault rifles.

3-24-16

RamPower
Veteran

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:24 am

UK Rams Fan wrote:
RamPower wrote:
Safety Blitz wrote:

Thanks
Yes, moving this thread would be a good idea. Until then…

Great questions/points (which I likely won't have a satisfactory answer for of course). I just wonder if the United States has passed a point (gun ownership) of no return…

I think extreme freedoms can certainly lead to easy misuse of those liberties, even catastrophic (school shootings for instance). I mean right behind your next door neighbors walls may potentially be a stockpile of weapons we often see involved in mass shootings. One may very well may have no idea of these weapons, or if you do, there's little if anything you can do about it - even if you think that neighbor is mentally unstable (see ya in court). Pretty solid freedom at play.

So ok, moving forward = background checks. However that may actually play out, sounds like a good idea regardless. But going back, what of the current gun owners? How to deem everybody currently possessing firearms "stable"? How to confiscate guns if owners are considered unfit to own? Again, who does the deciding? (fit vs unfit). That's a mess obviously.

As well as also confiscating guns/accessories that may be eventually considered illegal. How will the government check and determine exact gun ownership? All court ordered search and seizure? New laws being formed by a new police state a worry? (they would ideally want all your guns no doubt). How is the government to truly be trusted in executing any of this? (on any level).

It's hard to invade folks home in United States. If that starts changing, I'm seeing North Korea-type policies coming to America off in the near distance as a possibility.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:41 am

There real problem is lack of personal responsibility and mental illness. Unchecked, consuming hate leads to to mental illness.

So, I would suggest we should focus on giving up the constant rage and hate directed toward each other.

Everyone can talk trash, it’s harder show compassion and work towards positive solutions.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 am

UplandRam wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:41 am
There real problem is lack of personal responsibility and mental illness. Unchecked, consuming hate leads to to mental illness.

So, I would suggest we should focus on giving up the constant rage and hate directed toward each other.

Everyone can talk trash, it’s harder show compassion and work towards positive solutions.
That is *a* real problem.

3-24-16

Hari rama
Starter

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:04 pm

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary."

Leon Trotsky.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Hari rama wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:04 pm
"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary."

Leon Trotsky.

“The United States is not only the strongest, but also the most terrified country.”

Trotsky

3-24-16

Rammer
Veteran

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:40 am

Hmm. didn't he get exiled and then executed? Maybe he should have been a little more terrified......

But seriously, he was alive before WWII so clearly he wasn't talking militiarily. He was talking about the over reaction of the Rusky communists interfering in our politics..... This is what we are seeing now.

Rate this topic