Here’s what i’d do

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
NN1Badboy
Veteran

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:22 am

First i’d cut Quinn, Austin, Barwin, and Barron. Then let TruJo walk.

Sign Donald and Joyner to long term deals, and keep them in horns. Sign Watkins to a 1 year prove it deal and keep our WR’s together. Give him a full offseason and watch what he does next season.

Re-sign Sullivan. Bring back Barron on a re-structued deal

Then go out and sign Trey Burton, Kyle Fuller, and Aaron Colvin.

Draft BPA between T, G, ILB, OLB. We need LB’s now, and OL’s to groom for the future.

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:00 am

Watkins would be crazy to sign a "prove it" deal when he's a UFA. Rams would have to franchise him; which I am totally against. I think that the Rams are going to sign him long term. I don't necessarily agree with that; but I trust the coaching staff right now.

UK Rams Fan
Starter

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:18 am

Jack85Youngblood wrote:
Watkins would be crazy to sign a "prove it" deal when he's a UFA. Rams would have to franchise him; which I am totally against. I think that the Rams are going to sign him long term. I don't necessarily agree with that; but I trust the coaching staff right now.
They've given up too much (in the form of a 2nd Rd pick) to not do so unfortunately. They've kinda handcuffed themselves with him.
I feel the tag will most likely go on Joyner this year and they'll not do anything with Donald, given he's earning over $6mil this year anyway until next offseason when the big money will come for him.
Then there's the headache of Gurley and Goff to come the following years.. :shock:

Quinn will most likely go, Austin, i'm just not so sure as his money isn't a big bank breaker this season.

sanbagger
Veteran

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:32 am

UK Rams Fan wrote:
Jack85Youngblood wrote:
They've given up too much (in the form of a 2nd Rd pick) to not do so unfortunately. They've kinda handcuffed themselves with him.
I feel the tag will most likely go on Joyner this year and they'll not do anything with Donald, given he's earning over $6mil this year anyway until next offseason when the big money will come for him.
Then there's the headache of Gurley and Goff to come the following years.. :shock:

Quinn will most likely go, Austin, i'm just not so sure as his money isn't a big bank breaker this season.
Donald already sat out last year and threatened to remain out....you want to risk that again this year?

Agree that in OP there was a lot of "I would" when it comes down to requiring an agreement from the other side. I get where he is coming from but UFA have options

CierraRam
Veteran

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:46 am

sanbagger wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:32 am
UK Rams Fan wrote:
Jack85Youngblood wrote:

Donald already sat out last year and threatened to remain out....you want to risk that again this year?

Agree that in OP there was a lot of "I would" when it comes down to requiring an agreement from the other side. I get where he is coming from but UFA have options
Yeah, I think it is kinda prudent to get Donald out of the way this offseason. That way you know what you're dealing with going forward with the cap. Also, by not doing the deal this off season I think the Rams would risk bad blood developing and Donald taking his services elsewhere because of when he is a UFA.

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:11 pm

UK Rams Fan wrote:
Jack85Youngblood wrote:

You cannot let a future Hall of Famer anywhere near UFA status in his prime. Donald needs to be locked up, and it should be priority #1.

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:41 am

Donald can not sit out spring training .......Cuz if he does he losses a year of being a free Agent ....So he will be in Camp " with a New Contract or Not"......Doesn't anyone pay attention as to what's being said by announcers on game Day........???

Go RAMS : and if Quinn ain't here Next season , there's nobody out there in free agency who Can play 3-4 & rush the QB that's better then him.... and to sign a new guy would cost more then Robert Quinn does........the Price for free agents is going up , not down........!!!

pmill66
Starter

Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:15 am

Franchise Sammy if needed, bring back Sullivan, the O is intact.

NT is the biggest hole on the D, need to sign one in FA, cant wait for the draft. Maybe a one year deal kind of thing.

Would trade Quinn for a 3rd rounder if offered, if not keep him.

Tru will leave, have to sign a starting CB, will be expensive, have cap space available. Joyner leaves, resign Cody Davis, draft a player in round 3 or 4 to back up.

Barron replaced with a less expensive player, cap savings realized.

Unless a top 15 player is available at 23, trade down to accumulate more picks. CB, pass rusher top the list to be drafted first. Need to draft a couple of OL to develop on day 3.

sanbagger
Veteran

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:16 am

RadRacerRams wrote:
Donald can not sit out spring training .......Cuz if he does he losses a year of being a free Agent ....So he will be in Camp " with a New Contract or Not"......Doesn't anyone pay attention as to what's being said by announcers on game Day........???

Go RAMS : and if Quinn ain't here Next season , there's nobody out there in free agency who Can play 3-4 & rush the QB that's better then him.... and to sign a new guy would cost more then Robert Quinn does........the Price for free agents is going up , not down........!!!
That's mini camp...everything else is voluntary and he could easily opt out...and if he skips mini camp what are they gonna do, fine him? That usually gets dropped when they agree on a new contract.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:16 am

UK Rams Fan wrote:
Jack85Youngblood wrote:

I don't see Watkins staying unless they tag him. I don't think the 2nd round pick is all that huge as they should get a third if he leaves.the problem I have, is if he leaves, I think he goes to SF. Like the rams did with Goff, the 9ers are committed to giving Jimmy G some weapons.

Raminec
Veteran

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:19 pm

You need to lock down Sullivan to preserve the O line but draft his replacement this year. I would Franchise Sammy and buy an extra year of injury insurance. You have to get a long term deal with AD done this year and then you will have to do the same with TG3 next year. I’m hoping they can reach an agreement with Joyner and offer Tru a reasonable contract and if that doesn’t work make CB a priority in the draft. Restructuring Quinn and Barron could keep key pieces in place at a team friendly cost. Rams need to be in win now mode. Championship windows close fast. Be aggressive and go out to win it all this season.

CierraRam
Veteran

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:51 pm

RadRacerRams wrote:

It does not matter what anyone says about what Donald can or cannot do. What matters is his mind when his time comes up to hit the market... if the Rams dont lock him up to a contract now, which is what he wants, then they risk alienating him from staying. And sorry, this is a generational player here... I.E. Montana, Rice, Reggie White, L.T. .... Etc. and you dont mess with those kinds of players as far as being able to keep them around.

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 pm

sanbagger wrote:
RadRacerRams wrote:

That's mini camp...everything else is voluntary and he could easily opt out...and if he skips mini camp what are they gonna do, fine him? That usually gets dropped when they agree on a new contract.
Donald is not gonna miss Training Camp .... cuz if he does he'll have to play his Rams 5th year option ......., but if he goes to Training camp , he can become a free agent at the end of the 2018 season......some where in March of 2019......

Go RAMS : No Way will the Rams let Aaron Donald walk in free agency ......!! even if he just plays out the rest of his contract ...... the Rams will sign him to a huge deal........!!!

sanbagger
Veteran

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:29 am

RadRacerRams wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 pm
sanbagger wrote:
RadRacerRams wrote:

Donald is not gonna miss Training Camp .... cuz if he does he'll have to play his Rams 5th year option ......., but if he goes to Training camp , he can become a free agent at the end of the 2018 season......some where in March of 2019......

Go RAMS : No Way will the Rams let Aaron Donald walk in free agency ......!! even if he just plays out the rest of his contract ...... the Rams will sign him to a huge deal........!!!
Well...that is what we are hoping, but if he takes the no contract personal, like he did last year, then all bets are off

Rate this topic