A RAMS Trade with #12 draft spot Bengals, why

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
RadRacerRams
Veteran

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:43 pm

If Vita Vea is there when the Bengals pick 12th ..... I'd try and move up to get him.......!!!

we'd have to flip flop 1st rders in 18 give them a 4th rder in 18, give them a 3r rder in 2019 and give them our 1st rder in 2020..........!!! yes we'd be giving up a lot...... But I think the Bengals would do that trade proposal in a heart beat ...... we'd wind up getting a BEAST in the Middle to stop the Run......he also frees up Aaron Donald :twisted: ...... and I don't think anyone can stop Donald 1 on 1 without help........!!! I think we'll be pretty good in 2020 and not needing a 1st rder that year........!!!

Go RAMS : Donald ,Vea , Brockers & Quinn coming around the outside......Look the #@%! out QB's cuz somebody's getting CRUSHED :o .......!!! I'm not gonna call them the Fearsome Foursome , but it would be FearSome 8-) ....... that is for sure.... :!:

lynyrdsghost
Veteran

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 pm

I love Vea but all I can say is.. :shock: :o :roll: :lol:

malibu
Starter

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:50 pm

I think we can get to 16 I think the choke pt is the Chargers at 17. He is worth it for so worth t imo

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:07 pm

I like him too but.....

Sorry,,, no thanks,,,

you don't give up that many picks for DT, especial giving up an extra first rounder...

You need to lay off the weed and alcohol.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are playoff caliber team now and at the position to sign our key FA and back load for depth in our up coming drafts for the next serveral years.

RadRacerRams
Veteran

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 pm

69RamFan wrote:
I like him too but.....

Sorry,,, no thanks,,,

you don't give up that many picks for DT, especial giving up an extra first rounder...

We are playoff caliber team now and at the position to sign our key FA and back load for depth in our up coming drafts for the next serveral years.
1st off I'm a Race Car Driver and don't do Drugs or Alcohol.......!!! 2nd off I don't agree with you about giving up that much for a DT...... Hypothetical question..... if Aaron Donald was on another team .... and if you could trade for him using the same scenario that I Used ....... Would you give up all those Picks to Get Him......??? your answer would be an easy YES ,Right.... :?: a player like Vita Vea only comes along about every 10 years or so.......
And lets not for get that Donald's going to get a Contract in the 100 Millions, QB money Right?.......so if I use your Thinking the Rams should Let Aaron Donald walk when his contract is Up......Is that what you are trying to say...... :?: and think of this : Was it worth all the picks we gave away for Jared Goff..... :?: :?: :?: :?: .... Of Corse it was.... Wait till Goff is on his 4th year .......they'll be talking about him like they do Aaron Rodgers........ :!: I look at it this way .........How many 1st rders would you trade away if you knew it would eventually win you a SB......... :?: I feel this way : With special players you gotta take Risks.....!!! And let's not forget our 2020 1st rd pick could turn out to be a Flop.........maybe..... :!:

I think Vita Vea with his size and run stuffing ability will be special player like Aaron Donald is.......and perform at a very high NFL level........!!!

Commish
Veteran

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 pm

RadRacerRams wrote:
If Vita Vea is there when the Bengals pick 12th ..... I'd try and move up to get him.......!!!

we'd have to flip flop 1st rders in 18 give them a 4th rder in 18, give them a 3r rder in 2019 and give them our 1st rder in 2020..........!!! yes we'd be giving up a lot...... But I think the Bengals would do that trade proposal in a heart beat ......
Ummmm, which NFL team wouldn't, given what a one-sided trade it would be?

Take away the first-round selection in 2020, then possibly such a deal might work out for our team.

There's no 'performance guarantee' for any draft choice, no matter how highly touted he may be, is there?

If this guy is supposedly a 'near-can't-miss,' Ndamukong Suh type of DT, how would he last until the #12 overall pick anyway...?? :o :roll: :?:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish

McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:19 pm

No. We cannot sabotage the future of our organization for one player. I have never been a fan of trading away future draft picks. Maybe if we were one player away from a SB win. But we’re not there quite yet.....JMO

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 pm

RadRacerRams wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 pm
69RamFan wrote:
I like him too but.....

Sorry,,, no thanks,,,

1st off I'm a Race Car Driver and don't do Drugs or Alcohol.......!!! 2nd off I don't agree with you about giving up that much for a DT...... Hypothetical question..... if Aaron Donald was on another team .... and if you could trade for him using the same scenario that I Used ....... Would you give up all those Picks to Get Him......??? your answer would be an easy YES ,Right.... :?: a player like Vita Vea only comes along about every 10 years or so.......
And lets not for get that Donald's going to get a Contract in the 100 Millions, QB money Right?.......so if I use your Thinking the Rams should Let Aaron Donald walk when his contract is Up......Is that what you are trying to say...... :?: and think of this : Was it worth all the picks we gave away for Jared Goff..... :?: :?: :?: :?: .... Of Corse it was.... Wait till Goff is on his 4th year .......they'll be talking about him like they do Aaron Rodgers........ :!: I look at it this way .........How many 1st rders would you trade away if you knew it would eventually win you a SB......... :?: I feel this way : With special players you gotta take Risks.....!!! And let's not forget our 2020 1st rd pick could turn out to be a Flop.........maybe..... :!:

I think Vita Vea with his size and run stuffing ability will be special player like Aaron Donald is.......and perform at a very high NFL level........!!!
Ok so you not smoking or drink,,, but lay off the gas fumes.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You make big trades with draft picks for a high caliber QBs because they handle the rock 90% of the time while on the offense...

You're asking to move up over 10 spots to get a D player...

We made a big trade to get a high caliber QB... and its paying off...

we are now a playoff team.... we should be concentrating on our FA's resigning most of what we can do and drafting players for backups and starters for the future.

Now you wanna compare Vea to AD,,,, and would we trade that much for him... Well first off,,,, AD is a proven commodity,,,,
we didnt trade for AD, he dropped in our lap and we took advantage...

and no,, I wouldnt trade for AD if he was tradable,,,,
first his contact would be high and then give up trade picks.. sorry thats a no for me...

Because you can always pick up someone,,, a very good player from FA and not give up any draft picks... look at Reggie White,,, Ndamukong Suh,,, Calius Campbell.. , just to name a few off the top of my head.....

Stick to racing cars..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by 69RamFan on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

harkin
Pro-bowler

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Vea is great, would be a first-class addition and a premier run-stopper but the terms stated are just silly, outrageous over-payment.

Meanwhile, back on earth.......

ramdave1963
Starter

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:44 am

Not freaking way. Giving up way too much. Go rams!

Jack85Youngblood
Veteran

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:23 am

malibu wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:50 pm
I think we can get to 16 I think the choke pt is the Chargers at 17. He is worth it for so worth t imo
Since there are wild hypotheticals being thrown out; if Vea slides to 16, offer to swap first rounders and throw in Quinn, Barron and Austin. Would that work? :lol:

toast49
Veteran

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:31 am

RadRacerRams wrote:

we'd have to flip flop 1st rders in 18 give them a 4th rder in 18, give them a 3r rder in 2019 and give them our 1st rder in 2020..........!!! yes we'd be giving up a lot...... But I think the Bengals would do that trade proposal in a heart beat ...... we'd wind up getting a BEAST in the Middle to stop the Run......he also frees up Aaron Donald :twisted: ...... and I don't think anyone can stop Donald 1 on 1 without help........!!! I think we'll be pretty good in 2020 and not needing a 1st rder that year........!!!

Go RAMS : Donald ,Vea , Brockers & Quinn coming around the outside......Look the #@%! out QB's cuz somebody's getting CRUSHED :o .......!!! I'm not gonna call them the Fearsome Foursome , but it would be FearSome 8-) ....... that is for sure.... :!:
This is just plain wacky. No one knows what Vea will be at the pro level. Also he could be available at 23 when we pick and we could pass on him for another player depending on how our board is stacked.

MothaFaulker
Starter

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:19 am

I’m back for draft season, but holy crap the draft-related post quality has dropped on here, lol.
I like Vea, but hate the positional value. All you need to do is look at the drafts from teams where Wade has coached....as he has mentioned many times...there are positions he values Day 1 (CB, Pass Rusher), and positions he can get anywhere in the draft (MLB, SS, NT). He prefers smaller, quicker DLmen anyways. I’m pretty sure if Vea is there at 23 as the #1 NT, we pass on him for the #4 CB or #3 OLB. Look for CB, OLB, LT round 1.

harkin
Pro-bowler

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:20 am

toast49 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:31 am
This is just plain wacky. No one knows what Vea will be at the pro level. Also he could be available at 23 when we pick and we could pass on him for another player depending on how our board is stacked.
If he’s there at 23 you jump and party.

But he won’t be there. Neither will Roquan Smith, along with Vea one of the two who’d I’d love to see picked w the 1.

Rate this topic