Let's Say This......

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Clovis
Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:11 am

Nothing going on so I have my own "what if" scenario.....

Week 17 the 12-3 RAMS face the dreaded 7-8 niners. What do you do?

1) Punt and rest players for a playoff run? This could allow those sorry ass tramps to avoid a losing season?

2) Smash the living hell out of them and ensure those niners and their fans know who daddy is?

Unfortunately I will say #2 this time around. The team has more experience together than last year and much less likely to lose the mojo of a great season. Maybe let the O (minus Gurley) play a series or two but not much.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:56 pm

I'd say the RAMs will be playing for a Bye week this season...

If its about playing to get the bye week, they will play,,,
if they have a bye already in position... they will rest...

Then we will get to see our backups... in which I would like to see the backup Offensive linemen... to see how good they can be for the future.... or if we need to draft more quality linemen the following draft...

sloramfan
Starter

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:58 am

how about we wrap up HFA with 2 games to go then with one game of experience, our 2cnd and 3rd's kick the shit out of them in week 17...

go rams

slo...

ps.. nothing to play for? rest starters, but play it like preseason, and give them a series or two...

crazy-legs
Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:17 am

Stay on a roll and crush them Whiners....

With that said think the Whiners are going to have a better record than 7-8 at that point. I see them as a playoff team...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

Rampager66
Pro-bowler

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Yeah I also think the 9ers will be better than some think, but Playoffs, I hope not. Let's add another wrinkle and throw in that we could knock them out by winning game 17.
I wanted to play to win the last game last year, they didn't and sucked, and didn't recover their mojo the following week in the playoffs.
So I would want them to treat that game like the rest of the schedule and do whatever gives us the best chance to win.

clevelandrams
Veteran

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:04 am

Niners will probably be the thorn in Rams side, that Rams were to Seahawks

sloramfan
Starter

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:09 am

the niners are not a thorn in our side...

in fact, we are the stake in the heart to the whole niner nation...

when it comes to playing us, niner nation is just whistling through the graveyard...

go rams

slo

Rammer
Veteran

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 am

Last year, tanking was a momentum killer. Team was not used to playoff pressure and weren't themselves in the playoff game. Maybe they would have been better mentally just being business like and treating it all like a normal week. This year, I don't think that will be a problem. It's easy to say beat the Niners and play them all but players might benefit from a rest and what if Gurley blows out a knee in a meaningless game?

So, I guess it depends on the overall situation. If there is any kind of home field ramifications I would play to win, if not probably not. Maybe leave it up to the core players...... If the NIners are 7-8. the best thing that we can do for them and their fans is to treat them like they matter to us. We sit our starters, they would know that it was a hollow, meaningless win. Last year SF fans expected nothing so any win was good. But this year - playing their last game of year against Rams scrubs, nothing would feel worse as a fan.

sdram
Pro-bowler

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:41 pm

I hate losing to the 9rs, but if it's a meaningless game, there's no reason to play most starters more than a half and keep the stars on the bench. As gut wrenching as it is to lose to those f-tards, it would be even worse if one of our stars got hurt in a meaningless game going into the playoffs.

UplandRam
Site Admin

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:54 pm

Before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s make sure we line up each week and beat the guy across from you.
I hope the players keep their focus and not get all caught up in the super bowl hype.
One play and one game at a time.

Ramsfan08ny
Veteran

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:47 am

I think you're assuming optimal conditions, home field is locked up, and none of the starters are banged up. Obviously, if they have locked up home field, and you have key players that are banged yp, you don't want them to play just for the sake of playing. With that said, I have no problem resting the starters i conditions dictate.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:16 am

If they have home field advantage? Play starters a quarter. If their playoff position is pretty much locked in but no bye? Rest.

Play them if there’s something to play for.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

VIRGINIARAM68
Starter

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Dick84 wrote:
If they have home field advantage? Play starters a quarter. If their playoff position is pretty much locked in but no bye? Rest.

"What if" this game would keep the 49ers from getting a wild card spot. Although we may have home field , do we let them into the playoffs on us ?

Rammer
Veteran

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:39 pm

VIRGINIARAM68 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

"What if" this game would keep the 49ers from getting a wild card spot. Although we may have home field , do we let them into the playoffs on us ?
No, that is where i draw the line

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 pm

VIRGINIARAM68 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Couldn’t care less.

“What if” Goff gets hurt in that game and is out of the playoffs? What’s more important in your scenario.. the possibility of the 9ers in playoffs or possibility of a major injury to a key starter.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

VIRGINIARAM68
Starter

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 pm
VIRGINIARAM68 wrote:
Dick84 wrote:

Couldn’t care less.

“What if” Goff gets hurt in that game and is out of the playoffs? What’s more important in your scenario.. the possibility of the 9ers in playoffs or possibility of a major injury to a key starter.
I would choose the same. Just want to see what you and others would want the Rams to do and why.