LeBron James to LAKERS hurray. poor Ole Cleveland

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
RadRacerRams
Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:04 am

that's the 2nd time LA has taken something very valuable from Cleveland.... the RAMS and Lebron James..... bummer for those guys.....!! Our Lakers have some more work to do to get back to the Finals........

clevelandrams
Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:13 am

just like when Gretzky went to LA and NY.. just like Shaq,Kareem, Wilt coming from other teams to the major LA market.
just like the Rams having the defense of the Gods fall into their lap this off season.... LOLOLOLOL figure it out!
its all premeditated. KD vs Lebron for 8 to 11 games next year because the conf championship wont leave calif...maybe lol
another magical unicorn sports story

crazy-legs
Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:29 am

What was the last NBA championship that didn't go thru LeBron? I think it was 2010 when the Lakers last won. Besides Bill Russel and co. has any other player played for an NBA championship that many years in a row? Like him or not you have to respect his accomplishments...

First time for him out of the East. Going to be a tough road out of the West with Houston and Golden State in the same conference...

Until I see someone knock him off before the finals I'll have to assume it will be the Lakers headed to the finals against ----------- Philly?

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

NorCal RF
Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:37 am

Still not beating Golden State period. With Kahwi young talent is traded. Without Kahwi young talent, even with James, a few years away to compete with GS. By then James will have a foot out the door to retirement.

Warriors will miss JaVelle though. Really well liked in Bay Area.

lynyrdsghost
Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Still not beating Golden State period. With Kahwi young talent is traded. Without Kahwi young talent, even with James, a few years away to compete with GS. By then James will have a foot out the door to retirement.

Gotta agree. The coming season will end Lebron's streak.

Safety Blitz
Veteran

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Lakers should rid themselves of the stench of Ball and his obnoxious Pappy.

"In McVay We Trust!"

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:29 am

NorCal RF wrote:

McGee was the Shacko fool before hooking up with the Warriors... poor players that are surrounded with great players will make those poor players look good... because they don't have to do too much... and when he got to the Warriors, he didn't have any more bad clips for the Shacko fool show... he actually had some good highlight film of dunks...

So that being said,,,,
I see the same concept for the RAMs LBers....
They are surrounded around great players....
They won't be expected to do too much...
Just do enough to look really good...

NorCal RF
Veteran

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:46 pm

69RamFan wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

McGee was the Shacko fool before hooking up with the Warriors... poor players that are surrounded with great players will make those poor players look good... because they don't have to do too much... and when he got to the Warriors, he didn't have any more bad clips for the Shacko fool show... he actually had some good highlight film of dunks...

So that being said,,,,
I know what his reputation was prior to arriving here in the Bay Area.

Bottom line the last two years here is did what was asked if him on the court and played very well. He deserves more credit then just saying he was surrounded by great players. Well like also by not only the Warrior organization but the fan base also. Spent a tremendous amount of time off the court in this community doing positive things. Good guy.

If we are using him to make an analogy to this year's Ram's LB core then the core will need to do more then just be surrounded by great players. Again McGee performed the last two years on his own merit.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:32 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:46 pm
69RamFan wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

So that being said,,,,
I know what his reputation was prior to arriving here in the Bay Area.

Bottom line the last two years here is did what was asked if him on the court and played very well. He deserves more credit then just saying he was surrounded by great players. Well like also by not only the Warrior organization but the fan base also. Spent a tremendous amount of time off the court in this community doing positive things. Good guy.

If we are using him to make an analogy to this year's Ram's LB core then the core will need to do more then just be surrounded by great players. Again McGee performed the last two years on his own merit.
I'm not saying he didn't do a good job while with the Warriors...
of course he did his part and did it well..... and I'm happy for the kid, I thought he played a great role with the Warriors.

But he wasn't the main key to the team... he was part of the team..

Where I'm making my comparison for the RAMs LBers,,, They don't have to be the RAY Lewis, Lawrence Taylor, Von Millers of the world,,,

But being surrounded with great players around them,,, it will bring up their level of play...

Rammer
Veteran

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:29 am

It's nice for the Lakers, who wouldn't want LeBron. But it's a shame that the system works this way in basketball. There is no competitive balance. Best player has too much impact and then just goes where ever he wants. And then other players want to go there too and you end up with only a couple of teams with even a slim chance to win a title. Maybe the NBA should just have fewer teams.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 am

Today's GS Warriors never ever takes place unless they nailed a few consecutive drafts in a row. There is no Durant, Cousins, Livingston, West, etc if Curry, Thompson, Green, and Barnes didn't first turn out to be the players they have become and were obtained thru the draft. Especially the first 3. Many tend to ignore such or would rather ignore such. And none were 1st picks in the draft. In fact Curry was the earliest and he was a 7th pick. How many teams past on those first 3?

My comment is when are the rest of these teams going to start managing their teams correctly instead of taking the easier way out and just continue bitching about the Warriors. Fans too.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:37 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Today's GS Warriors never ever takes place unless they nailed a few consecutive drafts in a row. There is no Durant, Cousins, Livingston, West, etc if Curry, Thompson, Green, and Barnes didn't first turn out to be the players they have become and were obtained thru the draft. Especially the first 3. Many tend to ignore such or would rather ignore such. And none were 1st picks in the draft. In fact Curry was the earliest and he was a 7th pick. How many teams past on those first 3?

My comment is when are the rest of these teams going to start managing their teams correctly instead of taking the easier way out and just continue bitching about the Warriors. Fans too.
Who's *itching about the Warriors,,, I hope you didn't mean me, cause I love me some Warriors,,, they play team ball...
Yes I'm a diehard NY Knick fan,,, but when I was living up in the bay area and I followed the Warriors too,,, since RUN TMC days...

The reason why I like these Warriors, because they play team ball, they reminded me of the NYKnicks of the 70s, sharing the ball. with Walt Clyde Frazier, Earl the Pearl Monroe, Dave DeBusschere, Dollar Bill Bradley, The Captain Willis Reed, Mr Memory Man Jerry Lucas...
Six HOFers that shared the ball....

Yes you correct, it starts with the draft,,, as these 70 Knicks started with Reed, then Bradley, and Frazier then getting other key players to make them a championship team.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:31 pm

69RamFan wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:37 pm
NorCal RF wrote:

Who's *itching about the Warriors,,, I hope you didn't mean me, cause I love me some Warriors,,, they play team ball...
Yes I'm a diehard NY Knick fan,,, but when I was living up in the bay area and I followed the Warriors too,,, since RUN TMC days...

The reason why I like these Warriors, because they play team ball, they reminded me of the NYKnicks of the 70s, sharing the ball. with Walt Clyde Frazier, Earl the Pearl Monroe, Dave DeBusschere, Dollar Bill Bradley, The Captain Willis Reed, Mr Memory Man Jerry Lucas...
Six HOFers that shared the ball....

Yes you correct, it starts with the draft,,, as these 70 Knicks started with Reed, then Bradley, and Frazier then getting other key players to make them a championship team.
It wasn't intended for you. It was just a general comment regarding all fans of NBA teams as it relates to the Warriors right now. A general response to the reply before my last one. Like I've said in the past to you in regards to the Rams I'll quote you when it is a response to you.

clevelandrams
Veteran

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:37 am

lynyrdsghost wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 am
NorCal RF wrote:

Gotta agree. The coming season will end Lebron's streak.
so what? theyll lose conf championship this year and be in finals next year.. either way, the lakers make bank which was all that was needed/wanted

toast49
Veteran

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Not a Lebron fan at all. Mercenary plain and simple. The NBA is a dumb game at this point, nothing like it used to be with Magic and Kareem, Worthy and Scott. I haven't watched an NBA game in a very long time.