Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Ants wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 pm
Dick84 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:20 pm
Ants wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:22 pm
I would leave Demby at OT. I mean, if we have to put him at G, I guess you gotta do what ya gotta do.

But I would attempt to move one of our other OT's (Williams) to OG.
He's a guard in the NFL.

That has yet to be determined.
What you're saying is like when an idiot baseball analysts says, "he projects as a bench player in the majors".
Really? Don't try to develop the guy or anything. :roll:
He was drafted to be a guard & his physical profile is that of a guard.

He’s going to play guard in the NFL.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 am

Just going to point out the article on the Rams website lists Demby as one of the candidates for Right Guard... and says Noteboom will stick to tackle.

3-24-16

toast49
Veteran

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Why would Demby beat out Blythe?

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:44 pm

toast49 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:56 pm
Why would Demby beat out Blythe?
Honestly... he probably won’t. Not yet.

I just have an irrational good feeling that Demby is a player. I think he’s a long term starter & think Blythe is a backup/swing starter.

3-24-16

toast49
Veteran

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:59 am

Demby won't make the final 53. Blythe will start, maybe on the outside chance Allen could have a chance at right guard.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:02 am

toast49 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:59 am
Demby won't make the final 53. Blythe will start, maybe on the outside chance Allen could have a chance at right guard.
Interesting. I’ll say that won’t happen. Demby had a 4th round game and made a great impression at Senior Bowl. One of his college coaches is on Rams staff. He’s much bigger than Blythe and Allen, and is Athletic enough for that spot.

3-24-16

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 pm

LouisvilleRam wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:25 am
Dick84 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:10 pm
LouisvilleRam wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:23 pm

weak in pass protection but solid opening holes for the running game
I thought it was the opposite.
Bleacher report has Brown as the #55 guard in the NFL he received a score of 14/25 in pass blocking and 16/25 in run blocking.Saffold ranked as the #9 guard in the NFL and received a score of 16/25 in pass blocking but had a score of 18/25 run blocking.

Those rankings are combine from both LG and RG....
So base on being Ranked at #55, he is at the middle of the pack...

I actually thought Brown played pretty good from watching from a naked eye....

There was only one play that I can remember where he screwed up... not to sure what game it was, but it looked like he miss read the play and let a Defensive line come right in...

But as the season was going along, he seemed to get better with each game... especial the second half of the season...

But I hope that Demby wins the spot,,, and Brown will have to play off the bench... if that happens, that means Demby is a better player, playing in his rookie year and room to grow... and this would be Browns fouth year in.... But then again, he was coached under a Fisher regime.... so lets count his rookie season starting frpm 2017.....

anyways, we will see what happens....

Wildflecken
Veteran

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:19 am

Dick84 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 am
Just going to point out the article on the Rams website lists Demby as one of the candidates for Right Guard... and says Noteboom will stick to tackle.
Dick, you have made some strong, factual points on this thread concerning Rams Oline. In support of what you have already posted:

Noteboom's development at OT, in particular LOT, could be a huge key to Rams season if the unthinkable happens to Whitworth. Rams are wise to develop Noteboom specifically at OT. Gains nothing by playing ROG and Noteboom is not suited to play OG at the next level

Brown's struggles are related to mental consistency. Blew far too many snaps last season turning to the wrong side. Very concerning when considering 2017 was Brown's 4th season in the league. The gains in his physique this past offseason, well the PED suspension does not shock me.

Did Brown feel the pressure of losing his starting job? If he did huge financial implications for him moving forward, starting lineman on next contract versus being viewed as a journeyman lineman.

Brown had the least amount of explosive blocks of all the lineman last season. Defenders shed his blocks more frequently than Kromer prefers in run game. In pass pro, mental mistakes led to unimpeded opportunities for opposing defense.

Rams are seeking more bulk in the run game at ROG and if Demby can master the playbook rapidly, he may very well take job day 1 and never look back.

Blythe has leg up do to familiarity with playbook, but is also much stronger than this thread would indicate. Playing weight is not an indication of how powerful a run blocker Blythe is. Strong Anchor in pass pro, can handle bull rush of the 325 DT's/NT's. All about leverage/pad level

The dark horse in the ROG equation, Jake Eldrenkamp. Kromer is very high on this kid. They wanted to carry him all of last season but other needs hindered their ability to do so. Jake was not ready to handle the line calls at Center last season and with Rams only carrying 8 olineman, needed a depth player who could man C and OG. As a pure ROG, Eldrenkamp may have a leg up on Blythe.

Competition is a good thing. While I am not a huge fan of Dickerson as an analyst, but Dickerson made a strong point on his recent appearance on the NFL Channel. Rams season can go south in a hurry if camp does not produce a viable option behind Whitworth. Dickerson does know what it takes for an NFL team to field a productive running attack.

It all starts at LOT. Saffolds play has gone largely unnoticed prior to Whitworths arrival

Clovis
Veteran

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:16 am

Wildflecken wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:19 am

It all starts at LOT. Saffolds play has gone largely unnoticed prior to Whitworths arrival
Exactly. If the unmentionable happens and Whit misses some time, moving Saffold to LT just may be what's needed to field the best 5 OL. That decision is not mine so I won't argue the outcome of something that hasn't even happened. I do love that aspect of the internet. People get wrapped up with being right and disregard what is right.

Rate this topic