Fox Offers Fisher Game Analyst Gig

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Safety Blitz
Veteran

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:51 am

Unable to land an HC gig, Fisher is pondering an offer from FOX to become a live game analyst. That would be great to hear what he says as he covers a Rams game.

What hilarious lines might he say?

" It's fourth down on their opponent's 27-yard line. McVay should definitely punt or run a fake punt."

"McVay isn't using Gurley enough. He should get at least 40 rushes a game."

"Bones is an excellent coach. Not sure how McVay got the HC job over him."

" McVay is wasting Gurley as a receiver."

"In McVay We Trust!"

Idaho_Ram
Starter

Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:14 pm

I honestly don't know if I could bear listening to him talk x's and o's. I would bring back too much trauma. "The Rams aren't hitting after the whistle NEAR enough. They really need to crank it up."

Rammer
Veteran

Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:37 pm

I've got nothing against him but I just don't buy him as an analyst. He doesn't strike me as overly insightful. I'll be surprised if he is good at this.

Clovis
Veteran

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:22 am

Rammer wrote:
I've got nothing against him
I'm glad we moved on and especially grateful we have McVay and Wade. I do have some appreciation for Fisher taking us away from the Spags era where he was proud of players quitting in the 3rd quarter and we were the laughing stock of the league. I have no animosity or energy to spend bashing Jeff Fisher. He was a step in the journey and we have stepped past that. No need to look back.

Wildflecken
Veteran

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:05 am

Fischer was always entertaining in his pre and post game pressers. I can see him excelling as an analyst. He has been closely associated to some of the all time greats in this game like Buddy Ryan and should have a closet full of interesting antedotes

Raminec
Veteran

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:12 am

Really can’t stand him ! Arrogant SOB. Hated him when he was with the Titans and tolerated him with the Rams. His teams were scrappy but they played with no discipline or consistency. He would have ruined Jared Goff if he was allowed another season. Glad to see him gone and hope he never does a Rams telecast. He should stick to fishing in Montana.

bigklein
Veteran

Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Actually, he would be a great fishing analyst. Plus, he already has the name for the job.

harkin
Veteran

Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Amazed that some people (esp Ram fans) would like more Jeff Fisher in their lives.

clevelandrams
Veteran

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:53 am

dude made millions while not even being a winning coach. the jokes on all of you. he made millions and could care less what dumb ass fan thinks. He got to be on tv during a SB. but yeah, you think making fun of him really matters...Apparently he did what was expected because the nfl is allowing him to stick around and partake in the money they steal from you

rong
Veteran

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 am

I bet he does okay, he does have a sense of humor about him, if he can get that to come across on the air....depends on who the play by play announcer he works with does as well, if they compliment each other or not...he is knowledgeable for sure....so, I guess he has potential, like him or not.

toast49
Veteran

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:35 am

I think Fisher will be great as an analyst. He is engaging and was on the competition committee so he will be able to offer a lot of insight into why officials are making a particular call. I see him more like Madden as a color guy. Madden wasn't a great x's and o's guy but was entertaining and I think Fisher will be as well.

crazy-legs
Veteran

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:46 am

Quotable quotes by Fisher during a Rams game...

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Most overrated HC in the history of the NFL - by far...

What's he going to say about the Rams? He wasted a ton of draft picks and didn't have a clue how to use the personnel he had? Bum never even brought us a top 10 D while he was here...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

armyram
Starter

Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:02 am

clevelandrams wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:53 am
dude made millions while not even being a winning coach. the jokes on all of you. he made millions and could care less what dumb ass fan thinks. He got to be on tv during a SB. but yeah, you think making fun of him really matters...Apparently he did what was expected because the nfl is allowing him to stick around and partake in the money they steal from you
There’s always one in the crowd! Relax Cleveland, the OP just having a little fun. Like you never bad mouthed the man when he was standing on the sidelines... and no he didn’t do what was expected from him. You’re the joke!

war room warrior
Starter

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:34 am

Rammer wrote:
I've got nothing against him but I just don't buy him as an analyst. He doesn't strike me as overly insightful. I'll be surprised if he is good at this.
I TOTALLY agree with you. I loved when I heard Dickerson was gonna be a sideline report. Now I have a autograph jersey from Dickerson matter of fact K.Warner too.. . But Dickerson wasn’t great at it... Hey now , Dickerson is one of my ALL TIME favorite Rams so not digging him. Plus Dickerson has WAAAAAY more input on today’s style of football.... would LOVE to see them send Fisher to interview Dickerson.... 😂😂😂😂 ok, So now I too don’t think Fisher 1) can put his pride away if he has to cover a Ram’s game. 2) How can he give input in today’s game when everyone knows the games passed him...3) How can he talk about a QB when he’s the biggest QB killer ever to coach in the NFL?? I don’t see it,but; will be interesting to hear what he’s has to say and see if he last more than 1/2 the year???

Safety Blitz
Veteran

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 am

He looks good wearing shades. He should wear them in the booth.

Without trying to save his job engage in political speak, he might have some interesting comments.

"In McVay We Trust!"

Everett2flipper
Rookie

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:41 am

Watching Fisher try and analyze an offensive play will be pretty awesome. Why would he expose himself as the fraud he is even more?

RamPower
Veteran

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:25 am

I think Fisher could be entertaining (potentially), but his "expertise" could be a hard sell for the public. He knows how to produce mediocre football.

He can motivate players, fine, but we want more from the chalkboard for today's analysis. Real insight from today's game, not just a rehash of the obvious that we see from our own eyes. He could give a look behind the scenes of course, but…for instance, wouldn't hearing play-by-play analysis from McVay be awesome!

Rate this topic