8/1/18 Thurs at 3pm… Camp Report Day Six,,,,

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi RAM Nation…. It was a nice warm day about 88degrees… had a nice little breeze today…

Met up with BubbaRamfan with his buddy and also with PhoenixRising from RFU…..

I was paying more attention to the O-line….
The ones O vs the twos D, then vice versa for the 2nd unit….

The starting O-line looks really good and in sync….. Brown’s two game suspension might put this team out of sync a little bit… but most likely Austin Blythe will be starting there until Brown gets back…
But from what I can see,,, when Brown gets back,,,, he will be starting again….

Both Noteboom and Demby are two small in the upper body IMO… I believe they need at least a couple of years in the weight training room to get stronger on their upper body….

They seem to have the technique down…. But against NFL starters… could be a different story especially against strong bull rushers……..
Noteboom was playing RT and Demby RG and LT…

Cornelius Lucas was playing on the second unit LT and some RT…. So far he looks better than last year…
I have a feeling Lucas will be kept until both Noteboom and Demby built up strength… so I can see the RAMs keeping ten linemen on the 53 man roster…

Please forgive me but I’m doing this off of memory…. I took videos,,, but one problem, I can find the cable to download into my PC…

Gurley looks great,,, he took one to the house,, on a 80 yard run I believe it was 80…. He could of stopped the play, but he just kept running… Got the crowd going and cheering for him, just for the extra effort…

Goff looked sharp as usually,,, he actually hit Cooks on a crossing pattern,,, and Man,,, Cooks is fast… ran up the side line…. For about 30 yards total….

Then Goff hit Woods a deep route…
Higbee, Kupp and Everett had receptions too…
Our starting unit offense looked sharp….

The RAMs were doing a two min drill… then came in The Leg…

Greg the Leg is back in form… I think he hit a 63 yarder with ease…
He was hitting it from I believe from 35 to 55 yardline and not a problem…

One player I notice was Justin Davis,,, He plans on making this team and playing time…
He is very shifty and hits the hole fast… and this was against the 1st unit Defense….

JFM was playing the left DE/OLB position,,, and looked good…

Ok now for the bad news…

I didn’t notice TE Hemingway the whole day, until practice was over,,,
He got on the jug machine,,, the kid cannot catch a cold if he tried really hard.
He has hands of stone…. He was dropping balls from the jug machine,,, gosh he looked pitiful…..

I can see Coach McVay asking Snead to get him a Vet TE once they make cuts in the league…

I’m upset, cause I wanted to review my videos I took on my pc so I can in-large it for viewing,,, so I can see what was happening on the 1st unit D side of the ball… Sorry folks,,,,

Maybe I’ll add some more once I find my cable… but that’s all for now…

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:02 pm

Nice report. Thank you. I called Justin Davis a few days ago. Everyone thinks he's the odd man out, but if he can control the fumbling issues I think he can be #2 behind Gurley....

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:08 pm

NN1Badboy wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:02 pm
Nice report. Thank you. I called Justin Davis a few days ago. Everyone thinks he's the odd man out, but if he can control the fumbling issues I think he can be #2 behind Gurley....
From what I can see just in one camp visit,,,
He seems focus....
He wants to make this team...
and I think he will staying behind Brown at the 3rd RB..... IMO....

tenplay
Bench Warmer

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:12 am

Great detailed report. Everything sounds really positive especially hearing about Goff and his receivers. Looking forward to a lot of successful passes. But Hemingway's butter-fingers is worrisome. A dropped TD pass here and there could be fatal. Do the other TE's on the roster look better?

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:19 am

tenplay wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:12 am
Great detailed report. Everything sounds really positive especially hearing about Goff and his receivers. Looking forward to a lot of successful passes. But Hemingway's butter-fingers is worrisome. A dropped TD pass here and there could be fatal. Do the other TE's on the roster look better?
Yes they did,,, except after looking at my videos last nite,,,,
I notice Everett got hurt in the practice,,, he went up to block and it looked like he hurt his shoulders,,, not a good sign....

sanbagger
Veteran

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:30 am

69RamFan wrote:
He seems focus....
I also like Davis but noticed the way he carried the rock....away from his body....could and did lead to fumbles....just wondering if has cleaned that up and holding it tighter to his chest?

Also, if how did he stack up against Kelly? Do we think they'll keep 4 RB's on the 53?

Thanks for sharing what you were able to watch for those of us that can't make it. Guess I'll have to suffer out here in Hawaii

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 am

The bad news,,,
after viewing my vids,,,
I notice Everett injured his left shoulders after trying to make a block at the LOS....
So lets cross our fingers,,, that its not serious....

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:51 am

sanbagger wrote:
69RamFan wrote:
He seems focus....
I also like Davis but noticed the way he carried the rock....away from his body....could and did lead to fumbles....just wondering if has cleaned that up and holding it tighter to his chest?

Also, if how did he stack up against Kelly? Do we think they'll keep 4 RB's on the 53?

Thanks for sharing what you were able to watch for those of us that can't make it. Guess I'll have to suffer out here in Hawaii
I feel they will keep four RB,,, and at least 10 O-linemen,,
I had them carry 9 in my prediction,,, but after watching yesterday...
I've seen OT Lucas seem to improve... I didnt see him get any speed rushers at him,,, but all the bull rushers,,, he was handling it quite well.....

And picking up a vet TE after the league make cuts...

sanbagger
Veteran

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:00 am

69RamFan wrote:
sanbagger wrote:
69RamFan wrote:
He seems focus....

I've seen OT Lucas seem to improve... I didnt see him get any speed rushers at him,,, but all the bull rushers,,, he was handling it quite well.....

So you think Hemmingway is gone? Or do you think they also carry 4 TE's?

Clovis
Veteran

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:35 am

I don't think there's room for 4 RBs and 10 OL with the rotation on D. My guess is 3 RBs, 3 TEs and 8-9 on the OL.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am

sanbagger wrote:
69RamFan wrote:
sanbagger wrote:

He'll be gone if McVay can pick up another TE after league cuts have been made.... and depends on Everett,, how bad his injury from yesterday,,, hope he is ok

I wish the RAMs would of kept Cory Harkey he was a great lead blocker,,, and he could at least catch the ball out in the flats... he was one of my favorite RAMs on the team...

Claremontram
Veteran

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:17 am

69: Very nice report. I had great expectations for RB Davis after last Preseason. I hope he and Kelly pan out. Our TEs are going to be problematic. Maybe we can trade for one that catches passes.

sanbagger
Veteran

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:20 pm

69RamFan wrote:
sanbagger wrote:
69RamFan wrote:

He'll be gone if McVay can pick up another TE after league cuts have been made.... and depends on Everett,, how bad his injury from yesterday,,, hope he is ok

I wish the RAMs would of kept Cory Harkey he was a great lead blocker,,, and he could at least catch the ball out in the flats... he was one of my favorite RAMs on the team...
So...you think they are keeping....4 RB's, 4 TE's, and 10 O-lineman?

I tend to lean more towards 3-3-9....but I do like the idea of 10 O-line.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:49 pm

sanbagger wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:20 pm
69RamFan wrote:
sanbagger wrote:

So...you think they are keeping....4 RB's, 4 TE's, and 10 O-lineman?

I tend to lean more towards 3-3-9....but I do like the idea of 10 O-line.
I had in my roster prediction at 4-3-9,,, but after being at camp...
I say more like 4-3-10,,, but we will know more after a few pre season games...

I my roster prediction,,, I had 24O and 26D and 3ST...

Now I got it at 25O 25D 3ST for the 53

Offense start at 24/ then 25 when Brown returns.
QB 2
Goff
Mannion

RB 4
Gurley
Brown
Davis
Kelly

WR 6
Cooks
Woods
Kupp
Cooper
Reynolds
Thomas

TE 3
Higbee
Everett (Depending on how serious his injury is)
Hemmingway,,, will be on the team until he gets replace in a FA Vet.
(He has the body to be a nice TE,, but with hands of stone in McVay's system,,, he would just be a waste)

Johnny Mundt could sneak in there ahead of Hemmingway...

OL 9/10 they will start off with 9 for two games..
Hav
Brown (Two Game sup)
Sully
Saffold
Whitworth

Lucas
Blythe
Noteboom
Demby
Allen

Defense
Inside linemen 7/6
Donald (Depending if you comes back signed or unsigned)
Suh
Brockers

Westbrook
JFMyer
SJDay
Smart (until RG Brown returns)

Edge rushers/OLB 5
Ebukam
Longacre
OO
Young

ILB 5

Littleton
Mark Barron
Wilson
Kiser
Lawler
Hager (on the bubble) did start with second unit, but Wilson was ahead of him starting on the first team with Barron not playing yet.

DBs 9/10
CB
Talib
Peters
NRC

Shields
Hill
Peterson (Bubble)
Possible practice squad,, if he doesn't get picked up by another team...
Would of like to keep him,,, but we have three young O-linemen that we need to groom for the future and can't hide them on the PS....

Safties 4/5
Joyner
Johnson

Countess
Christian

This is what I've seen from camp,,, but most likely will make a few changes after watching these guys play some pre season games...

crazy-legs
Veteran

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:19 am

Thanks for the report...

Justin Davis could be our #2 RB if....

He learns to hold onto the rock. Man has a ton of talent he just needs to stop dropping the ball on the ground...

JFM - we might of got a steal in round 4. Everyone who post\reports on him raves about his talent...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:31 am

crazy-legs wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:19 am
Thanks for the report...

Justin Davis could be our #2 RB if....

He learns to hold onto the rock. Man has a ton of talent he just needs to stop dropping the ball on the ground...

JFM - we might of got a steal in round 4. Everyone who post\reports on him raves about his talent...
JFM,,, this kid is strong... he was bull rushing RobHav,,,, and Hav seem to have a tough time with him....

I still think Brown will be number two and for those short yards,,, but to switch up JD every now and then would be nice change of pace.... with his speed I could see him gaining some big yards in the open field..... use him on a sweep.... or screen play...

Rate this topic