NCAA Sack leader Marcus Martin just joined the team and gets to the QB in first practice against Baltimore...

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
RamsChamps2018
Starter

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:16 pm

NCAA Sack leader Marcus Martin just joined the team and gets to the QB in first practice against Baltimore...

I feel real good about this pick up and I believe he will make an immediate impact...Trevon Young also got to the QB in practice with Ravens...

Rams have Ejuan Price as the back up to Matt Longacre on the depth chart...this guy put up 25 sacks in his last two years at Pitt and could end up being the starter opposite Ebukam on the other side. I think if Longacre and Obo can get healthy, we will be in good shape and I like the pick up of Marcus Martin and he is already making his presence felt in camp...

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:52 pm

RamsChamps2018 wrote:

I feel real good about this pick up and I believe he will make an immediate impact...Trevon Young also got to the QB in practice with Ravens...

Rams have Ejuan Price as the back up to Matt Longacre on the depth chart...this guy put up 25 sacks in his last two years at Pitt and could end up being the starter opposite Ebukam on the other side. I think if Longacre and Obo can get healthy, we will be in good shape and I like the pick up of Marcus Martin and he is already making his presence felt in camp...
Why don't you show the link about MM getting his first sack?

RamsChamps2018
Starter

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:20 pm

69RamFan wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:52 pm
RamsChamps2018 wrote:

Why don't you show the link about MM getting his first sack?
Here is the link of Marcus Martin getting first sack in his first practice against the Ravens. See section 3!

https://www.therams.com/news/10-observa ... ith-ravens

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 pm

Something tells me if this guy was worth a shit then someone would have drafted him. If he's still a free agent at this point then he's nothing to be excited about.

LouisvilleRam
Starter

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:58 pm

NN1Badboy wrote:
Something tells me if this guy was worth a shit then someone would have drafted him.
Kurt Warner says Hi

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:55 pm

LouisvilleRam wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:58 pm
NN1Badboy wrote:
Something tells me if this guy was worth a shit then someone would have drafted him.
Kurt Warner says Hi
K.W. was special. Not sure there are many more like him. Plus he had played pretty well in the arena league and also played behind Brett Favre, and Mark Brunnell in Green Bay.

Like I said, I think this guy would have been picked up by now if he was worthy, but I guess we will see.

Ram Stien
Starter

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:13 am

It happens players get overlooked for many reasons. Then the Seachickens used him as a FB. If he turns out to be a key special teams player and provides some depth on the defense he would be very valuable to the team.

Wildflecken
Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:32 pm

The addition of Martin could mean Wade is having difficulty finding a player he is comfortable with providing some pass rush from the outside to replace Quinn's talents in this regard from last season.

Wade has to do it with packages in 2018 to generate an outside rush

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Camp body

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Wildflecken wrote:
The addition of Martin could mean Wade is having difficulty finding a player he is comfortable with providing some pass rush from the outside to replace Quinn's talents in this regard from last season.

I think 69 is right... Camp body. And maybe seeing what Seahawks are up to.

I believe there will be an outside pass rush.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

RamsChamps2018
Starter

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:21 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Wildflecken wrote:

The addition of Martin is because Fox is gone for the season and Longacre has not recovered fully from back surgery and Obo broke his foot...why is that so difficult for you all to figure out? Three major injuries is why they picked up Martin! Is that not obvious??? Plus Young had major hip surgery from an injury while in college..

Wildflecken
Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:06 am

RamsChamps2018 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:21 pm
Dick84 wrote:
Wildflecken wrote:

The addition of Martin is because Fox is gone for the season and Longacre has not recovered fully from back surgery and Obo broke his foot...why is that so difficult for you all to figure out? Three major injuries is why they picked up Martin! Is that not obvious??? Plus Young had major hip surgery from an injury while in college..
Bingo. The roster talent on the outside was promisingly adeqate but unproven prior to the injuries piling up. But the season will start regardless of timetables for these players to mend.

Assuming the Donald situation is rectified soon, the outside rushers are going to see some favorable opportunties during the season as teams struggle to decipher Suh lining up next to Donald presents the opposing offense.

Wade's one gap disguises the 4th pass rusher on any given down routinely. Wade is seeking talents who can use this deception to thier advantage and beat favorable matchups as opponents focus thier attention inside.

Is Martin a camp body? For now the answer is Yes. Does Martin have a real opportunity to earn a spot if he proves he can handle the assignments Wade throws at him. Yes he does. No matter how promising a talent like Obo may be, can we really expect him to perform at a high level in 2018 without the benefit of one NFL training camp?

Bottom line, If the season started today, the Rams are dangerously thin outside.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:35 am

base on the 53man roster...

Most likely,,, will only keep 5 OLB at best...

both Longacre and OO are penciled in to be ready before the season to start... and if they are not ready,,, they will be added to the 53man and be inactive at game time...

So lets list the OLB/Edge rushers as of now...

Ebukam Will be a Starter...
Longacre (Penciled in for 53)
OO (Penciled in for 53)
Young
Lawler
Price

Two position player...
JFM DE/OLB... Will be a Starter
Davis DE/OLB (as of now on the roster, but will get cut,, IMO)

Martin.... OLB (So where does that leave him? possibly the PS) so in my book,,, he is a camp body.....

sanbagger
Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:00 am

It's a nice story with regards to Martin, but MTL he's a longshot to make this team. He's coming in late, and that's a tough road alone, and he's coming from a team that tried him at a different position.

If the Rams try and stash him on the practice squad I think they have a good chance he makes it...to the squad and possibly the team.....later.....especially if the injuries continue to pile up.

Rate this topic