69RamFan wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:51 pm
Rammer wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:25 pm
69RamFan wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:30 am

If that's what you want to believe, that's on you,,
I'm just giving my take on it..
We are going to disagree. As far as not showing everything, this isn't something that I would put in that category. I want defenses to have to worry about the te's in our offense. Let them see all the game films of this and have to game plan for it. At least enough to keep them honest. It just opens everything up more for wr's and gurley.
We don't know McVays game plan,,, but what I do know,,,

Everett was coming off a injury during camp...

So instead of risking more damage by keying on the TE's,,,

maybe he decided not to make them the main priority...

and who said the other teams weren't game planning for the TE's? He just didn't us them... Its that simple... :lol: :lol: :lol:

We won by 20,,, First half of the game was our pre-season to knocked off the rust, and dominated in the second half... 23 to zip....

So I'm not going to second guess McVays game plan... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But hey,, you can disagree all you want,,,

we won by his game plan.. :D :D :D
I'm happy for the victory too. They did what they had to do, got the win. This time of year, that'w what matters. It's not so much second guessing McVay. I love the guy. He is the perfect coach for this team. .... It's identifying weaknesses early on and addressing them. Come playoff time good defenses will make you pay if you don't.

About game planning, you can;t seriously mean that. Nobody is worried about our tight ends burning them in the passing game. For whatever reason, McVay and Goff just aren't using them. I don't know if it is coaching style reverting back to their tendencies from last year or our tight ends suck in the passing game. We aren't talking about making them a priority here, we are talking about using them at all.

armyram
Starter

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:28 am

Slickjack wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:56 pm
Maybe they are setting up a game or two ahead. As some one else said, we do miss Sammy in the red zone. Maybe Reynolds or Thomas can emerge as a big target. Dez , anyone?
“Crickets chirping “!

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:23 am

Rammer wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:58 am
69RamFan wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:51 pm
Rammer wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:25 pm

We are going to disagree. As far as not showing everything, this isn't something that I would put in that category. I want defenses to have to worry about the te's in our offense. Let them see all the game films of this and have to game plan for it. At least enough to keep them honest. It just opens everything up more for wr's and gurley.
We don't know McVays game plan,,, but what I do know,,,

Everett was coming off a injury during camp...

So instead of risking more damage by keying on the TE's,,,

maybe he decided not to make them the main priority...

and who said the other teams weren't game planning for the TE's? He just didn't us them... Its that simple... :lol: :lol: :lol:

We won by 20,,, First half of the game was our pre-season to knocked off the rust, and dominated in the second half... 23 to zip....

So I'm not going to second guess McVays game plan... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But hey,, you can disagree all you want,,,

we won by his game plan.. :D :D :D
I'm happy for the victory too. They did what they had to do, got the win. This time of year, that'w what matters. It's not so much second guessing McVay. I love the guy. He is the perfect coach for this team. .... It's identifying weaknesses early on and addressing them. Come playoff time good defenses will make you pay if you don't.

About game planning, you can;t seriously mean that. Nobody is worried about our tight ends burning them in the passing game. For whatever reason, McVay and Goff just aren't using them. I don't know if it is coaching style reverting back to their tendencies from last year or our tight ends suck in the passing game. We aren't talking about making them a priority here, we are talking about using them at all.
We have Cooks, Woods, Kupp and Gurley...

Out of those four, where do you think Higbee or Everett sit in the depth chart as far as getting the rock... or Goff going threw his progression reads...

They had no targets,,, so most likely they were not game planned as the first read,

That doesnt mean McVay won't game plan them for the next game...

It could of been they were preparing and game planning weeks in advance thinking on using the TEs to help block Mack if the Raiders signed him into a big contract... but it didnt turned out that way,,,
but the RAMs just decided to keep their same plan...

This is just my opinion on what might had happen,,,
But what I do know,,, they were game planning since we played the Raiders during pre-season...

One poster on here was asking who is going to take over TA position and will they use the jet sweeps....

I replied back and said yes,, cause they were using Cooks and Woods, during my camp visit in Irvine... and looked what happen,
Plus they used Kupp too...

During camp,,, they had plays for the TE's,,, that I didnt see during the first game... so thats why I'm saying they weren't in the game plan or the first read..... and once again,,, thats how I see it,,,

harkin
Veteran

Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am

Any game plan should have the QB throw to a wide open TE at the goal line instead of a triple-covered wideout at the 5.

Cornell29
Starter

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:14 am

Goff will improve on his reads, i5s just game one. Higbee did come up small in playoffs last year. He should have made that catch in the endzone. A catch there builds trust.

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:41 am

It just wasn’t part of THIS game plan. They will be used later on this year.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:08 pm

As I stated,,,,

TEs was not part of the game plan,

mostly being used for blocking in this game...….

Then they were down in the depth chart during progression reads.....

Start at the 15:05 Mark:

UK Rams Fan
Starter

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:29 am

The irony here is that Jared Cook couldn't catch a cold for us. Since, he has had some impactful games for other teams.

I can see TE being one of our top two picks come April.

Slickjack
Starter

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:39 am

Rammer wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:00 am
69RamFan wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:37 am
They didn't need to use the TE's,
Higbee played most of the game with 60 snap counts.
Everett with 5 snap counts
Mundts with 2 snap counts
No targets to any of the TE's

The game plan was to use WRs and Gurley...
They were not needed,,,

We don't want to show everything in one game...

I dont see any concerns...
Oh stop. Throwing the ball to a tight end is basic fundamental offense. We didn't even do this on check downs. Nothing top secret here to reveal here. This is a glaring weakness from last year and it has continued.
If your number #1 in the NFL in the offense, I wouldn’t consider it a weakness. Sometimes there just aren’t enough balls to go around. The element of surprise is going to be huge.

Ants
Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:52 am

In the end, I think this works to our advantage.
How will other teams NOW game plan for US?
I could see a few plays drawn up where the 3 WR's go deep to clear out the middle...flair out Gurley to occupy a LB or 2, and then send Higbee across the middle. Yes, I'm an offensive genius. Ok, maybe not a genius, but I'm offensive!

:lol:

:idea: Let's win some games.

crazy-legs
Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:55 am

McVay will exploit whatever weakness the D gives him. If that's means a steady diet of balls thrown the TE way he'll call those plays if they're there but he's not going to force it to the TE's just to see them in the stat line. Plus Goff has to look that way too...

We have Gurley, Cooks, Woods and Kupp. 2 potential HOF players and 2 super solid receivers. Are you going to force the ball to the TE's for the sake of making sure they're in the box score or are you going to feed your studs the vast majority of the time? McVay knows who his play makers are and I expect them to get the majority of balls thrown their way and rightly so...

Trust me - if he had a Gronk on the team he'd utilize him but he doesn't so you make do with what you have...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

Ants
Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:58 am

The thing is, McVay is KNOWN for getting the TE very involved in the offense.
So it could be that he doesn't yet see any of our TE's as that sort of weapon...or Goff just didn't look to the TE's with all the other capable receivers...or he's playing the long game and not showing all the cards yet...or some combo of these things.

:idea: Let's win some games.

Rammer
Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:38 am

NN1Badboy wrote:
Obviously not a big part of the game plan, I will give you that. But there is no fricken way the game plan was to throw the tight ends zero passes. ...... As the game developed, they got completely overlooked by McVay. I like McVay a lot but I do not think he called a very good game and I like Goff a lot but I do not think he did a very good job of seeing the field. Second half was better but McVay got too pass happy with his wide receivers in the first half. Goff was throwing into some very tight windows. Often he was trying to force the ball, he should have been picked twice. He still needs to improve with going through progressions when primary receivers are not open. That's also part of the reason why no passes to tight ends. Maybe this is how he is coached to make it easier for him. But he has to grow into this.

crazy-legs
Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:01 am

Ants wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:58 am
The thing is, McVay is KNOWN for getting the TE very involved in the offense.
So it could be that he doesn't yet see any of our TE's as that sort of weapon...or Goff just didn't look to the TE's with all the other capable receivers...or he's playing the long game and not showing all the cards yet...or some combo of these things.
I think what some fans are forgetting about McVay is that in Washington his best offensive weapon was Reed the TE. They had Jackson and Garcon but Reed was Cousins\McVay's go-to guy. The point is McVay isn't stupid. He's going to get the ball to his best play makers. In our case that's Cooks, Kupp, Woods and Gurley over any TE we have on the roster. If he had Gronk you'd see a lot more balls go the TE way but we don't so he's adjusted his O\play calling. That's what any great offensive mind would do...

Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:59 am

Rammer wrote:
NN1Badboy wrote:
Obviously not a big part of the game plan, I will give you that. But there is no fricken way the game plan was to throw the tight ends zero passes. ...... As the game developed, they got completely overlooked by McVay. I like McVay a lot but I do not think he called a very good game and I like Goff a lot but I do not think he did a very good job of seeing the field. Second half was better but McVay got too pass happy with his wide receivers in the first half. Goff was throwing into some very tight windows. Often he was trying to force the ball, he should have been picked twice. He still needs to improve with going through progressions when primary receivers are not open. That's also part of the reason why no passes to tight ends. Maybe this is how he is coached to make it easier for him. But he has to grow into this.
Sounds like yoy didn't pay attention or watched McVay's press conference?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rammer
Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:11 am

69RamFan wrote:
Rammer wrote:
NN1Badboy wrote:

I pay attention to what I see on the field. I didn't watch or listen to the press conference, they don't show McVay press conferences in NJ. But I find press conferences to be absolutely useless except for the injury report. Coaches only do them because they have to.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:25 am

Rammer wrote:
69RamFan wrote:
Rammer wrote:

I pay attention to what I see on the field. I didn't watch or listen to the press conference, they don't show McVay press conferences in NJ. But I find press conferences to be absolutely useless except for the injury report. Coaches only do them because they have to.
I use to live in NJ when I was a kid,,, and we didn't have access,,,

just what was shown on TV or read it on the Newspaper or magazine...

But with todays technology,,, you can watch it online,,,

its on their web site or on their twitter feed... As I posted :lol: :lol: :lol:

It just sounds like you only want to see it your way in your own world,,,

I gotcha buddy,,, keep those walls up..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rammer
Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:59 am

69RamFan wrote:
Rammer wrote:
69RamFan wrote:

lol -why don't you enlighten me on the valuable inside information that you got from McVay's press conference.

Maybe if I was unemployed I would waste the time to listen to press conferences from the coach. What do we get? Bland coach speak statements if they win. short defensive answers if they lose, Same thing every week..... If McVay thinks he has to fix something --- he isn't gonna tell you. Why would he? ......

You'll see - if he's smart--he will try to make some early throws to te's this week because he knows that he should have gotten them involved last week.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Rammer wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:59 am
69RamFan wrote:
Rammer wrote:

lol -why don't you enlighten me on the valuable inside information that you got from McVay's press conference.

Maybe if I was unemployed I would waste the time to listen to press conferences from the coach. What do we get? Bland coach speak statements if they win. short defensive answers if they lose, Same thing every week..... If McVay thinks he has to fix something --- he isn't gonna tell you. Why would he? ......

You'll see - if he's smart--he will try to make some early throws to te's this week because he knows that he should have gotten them involved last week.
Hey,,, there is always after work you can catch some vids online,,,
You might learn something... :lol: :lol: :lol:
And talk about you don't have time to watch any vids but you sure love spending time on here.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Take some time off of here and watch some vids,,, learn something... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh just because he didn't game plan on using the TEs this pass week,,, now all of a sudden he use them for this week,,, you gonna say,, "You see I told you so" :lol: :lol: :lol:

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:28 pm

On that play were everyone was saying Higbee was open all alone in the endzone….

After viewing the coaches tape...

I saw Goff looking right with Higbee covered tight and the other two WR still running there route, then Goff looked left, that's when Higbee broke away from the single coverage and got open free...

But Goff DID look his way but at that time Higbee wasn't open yet.. then Goff started on his next progression towards his left and made the throw...

At that same time,,, the safety was playing back in the middle if Goff did stay with Higbee,,, that safety would of been there...

but the minute Goff turned left, the safety turn to that side too....

So we can't say he wasn't going through his progression as some mention on here...

If anything what Goff should of done,,, was put more zip on the ball to get it there faster to Kupp before the window closed...

harkin
Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Boy he sure looked open to me.

Even one of the TV guys post-game said something like ‘Goff got away with a poor pass into coverage while missing a wide open man in the end zone’.

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:18 pm

One thing I will say...
Higbee looks to be getting better and better as a blocker.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

toast49
Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Higbee is an excellent blocker. McVay will use his best weapons, and those weapons are Cupp, Woods, Cooks, and Guley. You'll see some specific designed plays to get the ball to the TE here and there. Wouldn't be surprised to see a play action throwback screen to Everett in this next game. On plays where Goff is reading his progression you'll see him go to the guys he trusts most, and those guys are his top 4 weapons.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:22 pm

harkin wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:55 pm
Boy he sure looked open to me.

Even one of the TV guys post-game said something like ‘Goff got away with a poor pass into coverage while missing a wide open man in the end zone’.
Most of those reporters didn't get the Coaches film till a couple of days later..

On the coaches film,,, Higbee wasn't open on Goff's first read,,, in-which it was in Higbee's direction....

At the same time there was a safety playing in the back middle to go either direction in cover Higbee in the end zone or going the other way to Kupp,

but then Goff turn to the left and fired to Kupp,,, If he had more zip to get it by the CB,,, or throw it a second or two faster Kupp could of had it..... It was a tight window...

Looking at the play,,, I saw no picks or crossing routes,,,,

so in my opinion, it wasn't a very good design play from the get go....

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Dick84 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:18 pm
One thing I will say...
Higbee looks to be getting better and better as a blocker.
Yes he has been blocking a lot better,,,

I truly believe the game plan was for him to do more blocking if by chance "Mack" would of played for the Raiders... So they just decided to keep the same plan in play...

During McVay press conference,,,, he even mentions that plays weren't drawn up for him,,
and he was down on the depth chart during reads,,, except in the red zone...

Clovis
Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:10 am

69RamFan wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:28 pm

I truly believe the game plan was for him to do more blocking if by chance "Mack" would of played for the Raiders... So they just decided to keep the same plan in play...
That's what I was thinking too. Quite the luxury of having so many playmakers.

Rate this topic