I’m thinking it’s KhaDarel Hodge time

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
Raminec
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:01 am

Rams have a need at receiver. 1 slot on the 53 open.

It’s KhaDarel Hodge time! :D

NorCal RF
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:06 am

If he can play special teams sure. If not then someone who can. Thomas was only playing ST when he got hurt. Same with Issaih Johnson before they waived him again. No one is getting playing time over the four playing ahead of a 5th receiver.

Raminec
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:20 am

NorCal RF wrote:
If he can play special teams sure. If not then someone who can. Thomas was only playing ST when he got hurt. Same with Issaih Johnson before they waived him again. No one is getting playing time over the four playing ahead of a 5th receiver.
I think he could actually get a few reps in the slot to give Cooper Kupp a blow. I don’t think that they use Natson outside of returns. Right now they have nobody to turn to if anyone went down in a game. Rams got to keep those receivers fresh just like they do with Gurley.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:27 am

base off his tweet from yesterday....

I feel he will be called up, if he RAMs first choice doesn't get by waivers....

So maybe they gave him a heads up...

If he was the first choice,,, the RAMs could of brought him up yesterday,

but they didn't. so to me that tells me he is second choice base on who they are waiting for to clear waivers...

Could it be Demby since he was release by the Lions???

NorCal RF
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:33 am

Raminec wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
I think he could actually get a few reps in the slot to give Cooper Kupp a blow. I don’t think that they use Natson outside of returns. Right now they have nobody to turn to if anyone went down in a game. Rams got to keep those receivers fresh just like they do with Gurley.
I don't get too wrapped up about slot/outside. Bottom line Reynolds is barely playing and he would certainly play before Hodge. Ram's don't need an active 5th receiver on game day right now. When they go to their 2 tight end sets the receivers get their rotational rest.

Raminec
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 am

69RamFan wrote:

but they didn't. so to me that tells me he is second choice base on who they are waiting for to clear waivers...

I don’t think it’s Demby because Brown is coming back off suspension so there would be no need to add him to the 53. Practice squad maybe. I think they wanted to see if Allen clears waivers so they could add him to their practice squad. Maybe there was another receiver out there that was waived. I think Hodge makes sense now with two receivers on IR they need to protect him on their 53. He might not be active but he could be protected injury insurance.

Raminec
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:48 am

NorCal RF wrote:
Raminec wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
I don't get too wrapped up about slot/outside. Bottom line Reynolds is barely playing and he would certainly play before Hodge. Ram's don't need an active 5th receiver on game day right now. When they go to their 2 tight end sets the receivers get their rotational rest.
I get that if they added Hodge he may not be active but he would be protected on the 53 as opposed to available to anyone on the practice squad. You have two receivers on IR that won’t be available for at least 6 more weeks so it makes sense to have a secured replacement on the roster. I’m also not completely confident that Reynolds is completely healthy given his very limited snaps.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:52 am

Raminec wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 am
69RamFan wrote:

I don’t think it’s Demby because Brown is coming back off suspension so there would be no need to add him to the 53. Practice squad maybe. I think they wanted to see if Allen clears waivers so they could add him to their practice squad. Maybe there was another receiver out there that was waived. I think Hodge makes sense now with two receivers on IR they need to protect him on their 53. He might not be active but he could be protected injury insurance.
I know they are waiting for someone to clear waivers,,,, cause they could of brought Hodges up yesterday if he was first choice for the 53 final spot....

So we should hear something by noon....

NorCal RF
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Raminec wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
Raminec wrote:

I get that if they added Hodge he may not be active but he would be protected on the 53 as opposed to available to anyone on the practice squad. You have two receivers on IR that won’t be available for at least 6 more weeks so it makes sense to have a secured replacement on the roster. I’m also not completely confident that Reynolds is completely healthy given his very limited snaps.
Understood but I don't think they are that concerned about protecting him. I have a feeling if anyone from the PS at WR had to actually play significant minutes that they would look outside for that player. We tend to over value a bit our PS roster as fans IMO.

Just asking but where do you get an inkling that Reynolds is not healthy. He has played consistently on ST. He is not getting snaps at WR because the other 3 plus Gurley never come off the field that much in passing downs.

Raminec
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:51 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Raminec wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Understood but I don't think they are that concerned about protecting him. I have a feeling if anyone from the PS at WR had to actually play significant minutes that they would look outside for that player. We tend to over value a bit our PS roster as fans IMO.

Just asking but where do you get an inkling that Reynolds is not healthy. He has played consistently on ST. He is not getting snaps at WR because the other 3 plus Gurley never come off the field that much in passing downs.
Regarding Reynolds I based it on the fact he was out most of the preseason with an injury. I know he has had over a dozen snaps on special teams in both games and a total of 4 offensive snaps this season. Rams haven’t utilized him on offense. As for your perception that I overvalue KaDarel Hodge to be honest I didn’t base my opinion based on his production in the preseason and fully understood why he didn’t make the 53. I do believe he has demonstrated an ability to catch the ball consistently which is something McVay values and he has been around and knows the Rams playbook already. Not sure if there’s someone out there that can provide more than that but we will see sometime today probably.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:57 pm

Raminec
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:04 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Raminec wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Apparently the Rams valued KhaDarel Hodge :D

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Raminec wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:
Raminec wrote:

I wouldn't be smiling too much,,, He might be inactive during game time,,, :) :) :)

Raminec
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:15 pm

69RamFan wrote:
Raminec wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

I wouldn't be smiling too much,,, He might be inactive during game time,,, :) :) :)
The kid is on the 53. Congratulations KaDarel Hodge. Keep :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D SMILING ALL DAY LONG!

NorCal RF
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:36 pm

69RamFan wrote:
Raminec wrote:
NorCal RF wrote:

Raminec was quite clear IMO it was more about him wanting Hodge protected. At least for now he was right and I was wrong regarding Hodge.

malibu
Starter

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Hodge showed alot in preseason but the Rams were stacked at Wr - Brown Mitchell Natson and Hodge didn't make the team my guess all of them make other teams if they were in those teams camps

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:06 pm

I for one am excited for Hodge. IF he plays as well with the first team as he did on the second team in preseason, he may be a diamond in the rough. I’m pulling for this kid to show us something.

Raminec
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:40 pm

NorCal RF wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:36 pm
69RamFan wrote:
Raminec wrote:

Raminec was quite clear IMO it was more about him wanting Hodge protected. At least for now he was right and I was wrong regarding Hodge.
I dont think he sees the field much unless he can play special teams to preserve players like WR Josh Reynolds. I think he could get a few reps from the slot if active. I like the fact that Hodge caught pretty much everything thrown his way in preseason even though he was playing against back ups. He will keep a seat warm for Cooper or Thomas when they return after week 8. I think its an amazing story. A UDFA from Prarie View A&M to the NFL. Congratulations KhaDarel Hodge!!

Slickjack
Starter

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:22 pm

What does this guy do well? I missed most of preason.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Slickjack wrote:
Runs good routes and can catch the ball....

sanbagger
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Slickjack wrote:
He catches everything....seems to be something this coaching regime covets......hmm, let me think about this for a second.....receivers that are good at catching the ball.....interesting concept.

Raminec
Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:52 pm

69RamFan wrote:
Slickjack wrote:
Good strong hands and really did well on some catches in heavy traffic going up and high pointing to get the ball. Pretty good size 6’ 2” 200 lbs

Slickjack
Starter

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:41 am

Raminec wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:52 pm
69RamFan wrote:
Slickjack wrote:
Good strong hands and really did well on some catches in heavy traffic going up and high pointing to get the ball. Pretty good size 6’ 2” 200 lbs

Thanks for the intel

Rate this topic