Goff 1st Series

Rate this topic
General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
NorCal RF
Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:43 pm

I was at game today and just started rewatching game as well as watched McVay's press conference after game. I see this was not mentioned on telecast after first series or for what I can see it was not asked to McVay after game.

Goff got hurt on the sack on the first series. We were behind the Rams bench and he came off head down and it appeared favoring left shoulder. In fact Mannion started warming up on sidelines. From what I could see they popped his left shoulder back in place. There was a few minutes though where it looked like Manion was going in on the second series. Did anyone hear anything on such?

harkin
Pro-bowler

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Take it from someone who has had his shoulder ‘popped back into place’ numerous times, if this did in fact happen it was criminal to let him back in the game. He may have done permanent damage to himself.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:21 pm

No but I mentioned it here right after the sack, along with another poster you could see when he came off the field he wasn't carrying his head and body normally.

Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:31 pm

Yeah,,, I notice it too,,, after the sack,,,

I was hoping it was only the wind knock out of him.....

But if that was the case in dislocating his shoulder...

He sure didn't play like it was hurt for the rest of the game....

He still stood in the pocket and didn't flinch at all....

The kid is tough as nails....

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:37 pm

After the game running back into the locker room...
He looks ok here....

Henry VIII
Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:56 pm

69RamFan wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:31 pm
Yeah,,, I notice it too,,, after the sack,,,

I was hoping it was only the wind knock out of him.....

But if that was the case in dislocating his shoulder...

He sure didn't play like it was hurt for the rest of the game....

He still stood in the pocket and didn't flinch at all....

The kid is tough as nails....
He sure is tough as hell, the kid is a gamer!

NorCal RF
Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:00 pm

He looked fine rest of game but I'm telling you there was some concern when he came off after that sack. They were working on either his shoulder or neck and McVay told Mannion to get ready after a minute or two on the sidelines. He never lifted his head until one of the medical staff did something that again appeared to be on his upper left side and then he got up and walked around and then got his helmet.

bigklein
Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:13 am

I was in the car for the start of the game and had to listen to the opening drives on KNBR. After Goff got hit, Tim Ryan, a bit too enthusiastically, yelled “Goff is hurt!” He may have repeated that. Then I heard nothing about it. Besides the 1st qtr strike to Woods that led to a field goal, he didn’t really throw again till the 2nd qtr., and then he looked fine.

Idaho_Ram
Starter

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 am

That would definitely explain the lack of pass plays in the first half. He also had a few really easy throws that he just sailed. Not complaining. If a "bad" day is 75% completion / 200 yds / 2 TDs / 0 Int...I can live with that.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:28 am

From what I saw it was never his throwing shoulder. Again upper left side was what medical staff was working on. They were quickly trying to get Mannion ready. I think if it wasn't for Brieda getting hurt on the first carry when Niners got the ball and the delay that pursued after he got hurt we would have send Mannion for a few plays.

Thanks for sharing what Ryan said on Niner broadcast. It was obvious if you were behind Rams bench.

NorCal RF
Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:29 am

Idaho_Ram wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 am
That would definitely explain the lack of pass plays in the first half. He also had a few really easy throws that he just sailed. Not complaining. If a "bad" day is 75% completion / 200 yds / 2 TDs / 0 Int...I can live with that.
Agree. The over throw to Everett on the next series may played into it a bit.

Henry VIII
Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:40 am

What's odd is the TV announcers never even mentioned it. It seems they are to busy listening to themselves talk. But when it happened there were a couple of us that mentioned it right away because it looked serious at least to me. But he came right back out and played a decent game. I'd bet he is a little sore today. But Goff is a baller and you just can't deny how tough he is. Go Rams!

Utah Rams Fan
Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:24 am

Henry VIII wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:40 am
What's odd is the TV announcers never even mentioned it. It seems they are to busy listening to themselves talk. But when it happened there were a couple of us that mentioned it right away because it looked serious at least to me. But he came right back out and played a decent game. I'd bet he is a little sore today. But Goff is a baller and you just can't deny how tough he is. Go Rams!
I actually heard the announcers saying that Goff had gotten up slow and was hurt. I saw Goff gingerly coming off the field, but it really didn’t look very serious and the announcers never mentioned it again.

Fan since 1969

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 am

Good observations.
The near int overthrow was very uncharacteristic of Goff this year and the miss of Higbee was one he should’ve had.

I think it’s reasonable to think he may have been a little beat up.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:56 am

Dick84 wrote:
Good observations.
The near int overthrow was very uncharacteristic of Goff this year and the miss of Higbee was one he should’ve had.

Yeah he did have a couple of bad throws.. seemed to float two throws... and he under threw the deep ball to Cooks... IMO

but the second series for Goff,,, after the two handoff to Gurley,,, he stood in the pocket scanning then threw a laser for 21yd to Woods,,,

Some posters after he got sacked, said he looked shaky and was nervous…. well that throw to Woods, he didn't look shaky or nervous.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

He looked fine to me...

He ended up at 75% completion with two TDs and 202yds... and they were no ding or dunks...

He spread the ball throughout the field...

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/lis ... 018/7/pass

Dick84
Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 am

69RamFan wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
Good observations.

Yeah he did have a couple of bad throws.. seemed to float two throws... and he under threw the deep ball to Cooks... IMO

but the second series for Goff,,, after the two handoff to Gurley,,, he stood in the pocket scanning then threw a laser for 21yd to Woods,,,

Some posters after he got sacked, said he looked shaky and was nervous…. well that throw to Woods, he didn't look shaky or nervous.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

He looked fine to me...

He ended up at 75% completion with two TDs and 202yds... and they were no ding or dunks...

I never thought shaky or nervous.. I feel beat up and it affected mechanics. Doesn’t mean it affected mechanics on all throws.
He also underthrew Cooks, imo.

Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
3-24-16

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:16 am

Dick84 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 am
69RamFan wrote:
Dick84 wrote:
Good observations.

He looked fine to me...

I never thought shaky or nervous.. I feel beat up and it affected mechanics. Doesn’t mean it affected mechanics on all throws.
He also underthrew Cooks, imo.
Noooo not you bro,,, Sorry,,

I meant other posters... :D :D :D

69RamFan
Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Looks like Goff had an old injury from the pass....
Really didn't want to talk about it...

The kid is a tough cookie...

At the 50sec Mark:

Rate this topic