Blessing in disguise

General Discussion Forum n The Los Angeles Rams
OCRam
Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:10 pm

If anything positive can come out of this wretched season, it is that the Rams will have a new coach. Finding the right coaching staff is the key to all of this. Hopefully they can find a Belichick clone who can hang around for awhile.

IMHO, the talent level is still there. Need to develop Goff and hope that Gurley can have a better performing line to run behind next year. Methinks a good offensive line coach may bring more dividends than spending $$$ on FAs. I am not down on the receivers as some of you are. Britt did pretty well all things considered. Austin has been jinxed with a penalty on many of his stellar plays. Cooper may be a good replacement for Cunningham on KO returns. I understand there may be a Spruce sighting this weekend. Could use a solid linebacker to shore up the middle. Countess may be a diamond in the rough.

Whatever motives Mr Kroenke has, I have faith that he will put a competitive product on the field sooner than later. He certainly is aware that the seats need to be filled in the new stadium.

Happy New Year, fellow Rams brethren!

Ram Man
Starter

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:24 pm

Yep. When the team lost three in a row to fall to 3-4, I said I'd be happy to lose every remaining game in return for Fisher not being around next season. I guess finishing 1-8 instead of 0-9 will work 8-)

Utah Rams Fan
Veteran

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Ram Man wrote:Yep. When the team lost three in a row to fall to 3-4, I said I'd be happy to lose every remaining game in return for Fisher not being around next season. I guess finishing 1-8 instead of 0-9 will work 8-)
Most Rams fans would never say that

Fan since 1969

NN1Badboy
Veteran

Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Utah Rams Fan wrote:
Ram Man wrote:Yep. When the team lost three in a row to fall to 3-4, I said I'd be happy to lose every remaining game in return for Fisher not being around next season. I guess finishing 1-8 instead of 0-9 will work 8-)
If that’s what it took to get rid of Fisher then so be it.

armyram
Starter

Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:33 pm

Utah Rams Fan wrote:
been a fan since 1977. Although I'm only one fan, I watched every game this season from start to finish, even when more competitive games were on. I am a true Ram fan but this season did it for me. At one point during the season, I admit...I couldn't care whether we were blown out and made asses out of as long as Fisher was our coach. I knew every win would be some little bs tidbit he could use to keep his job.,,, and he tried. He talked that crap about wanting to finish the season out strong with three games left, Honestly, usually, it was possible but not even Fisher knew how bad his own team was. Last three games, at Seattle (we have swept them before), San Fran...hell, they only had one win, no way would they come to our house and beat us, we want revenge from that butt whuppin we received opening day... and the Cards, cardinals aren't that good, beat them once and now we will be at home. Thats how Fisher thinks...he figured he would take those games with a stout def, punishing run game and GZ and Hekker working their magic and finish his usual 7-9 and whisper in Stan's ear how we are going to work on things and we are having really good practices.
Yep, as frustrating as it was, after that Nov 20th Dolphin collapse, I'm was there with the OP.

HighDesertRam
Starter

Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:40 pm

Agree, the Dolphin Debacle was the final straw

Bakoramfan
Starter

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:40 pm

Fisher is gone and that was my greatestest wish! Now I have hope going forward!