Players all hint fisher was not Tough Enough
    harkin
    Rookie

Re: Players all hint fisher was not Tough Enough

by harkin » 04 Jan 2017, 10:48

If the Rams somehow found the next Tom Coughlin, I'd be more than happy. He was always accused of being too tough and over disciplinary but he got results and his players always gave 100%.

Some say Doug Marrone is the next good tough coach but his exit from the Bills was messy, even though he had them playing better.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/12/26 ... -different
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 04 Jan 2017, 12:11

There are many examples of " players coaches" and hard nosed coaches having success. Fishers demeanor had nothing to do with it- people ASSUME there was no discipline- yet not one player says that. He does hold players accountable- some just assume he doesn't. He has coached a LONG time- if he were that laxed he wouldn't have coached that long. Many of those penalties are not a coaching error, but a player one. They all know what and what not to do- they practice it, they are told all the time about it- simply put- younger teams tend to foul up more than experienced ones. We have had new systems nearly every year and young teams- that is more the culprit than the HC not addressing it- which is a complete fabrication IMO.
    Rampager66
    Bench Warmer

by Rampager66 » 04 Jan 2017, 12:59

NorCal RF wrote:
    So you are saying Bellicheck isn't "straddled" by the things you mentioned? Just asking.

I think Fisher was a bit " entrenched" don't you think after 20+ years as a HC as well as going into his 5th year with this team.

Other replies in this thread seem to suggest that those "straddled" issues shouldn't come into play.............

Fisher entrenched :lol: :lol: :lol:
    His team moved from a lame duck season in Missouri to Hollywood
    A turf stadium indoors to outdoors on grass

And It mattered ...alot.
    9 of their games and 6 of their 7 wins in 2015 were indoors and the 7 wins were also the only games they scored over 20 points... the Rams had 1 W in 7 outdoor games
    4 of Gurleys 5 100+ rushing games and most of his season rushing yards... indoors.

2016 the Rams had just 3 indoor games.. 1W @ Ari and L @ Det, and NO.
    Only 3 W from 13 outdoor games, 4 from 20 outdoor games over the last 2 seasons,
    During the fisher regime 11W 31L 1T... outdoors,
    before the relo, the Rams had 8 W outdoors in 4 years.
    And you take that team to an outdoor stadium and expect playoffs.

As I said there's no comparison because Belichek and every one else didn't go thru the same Shit.
    Last edited by Rampager66 on 04 Jan 2017, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
  • Rammer
    Rookie

by Rammer » 04 Jan 2017, 13:12

TBUX wrote:There are many examples of " players coaches" and hard nosed coaches having success. Fishers demeanor had nothing to do with it- people ASSUME there was no discipline- yet not one player says that. He does hold players accountable- some just assume he doesn't. He has coached a LONG time- if he were that laxed he wouldn't have coached that long. Many of those penalties are not a coaching error, but a player one. They all know what and what not to do- they practice it, they are told all the time about it- simply put- younger teams tend to foul up more than experienced ones. We have had new systems nearly every year and young teams- that is more the culprit than the HC not addressing it- which is a complete fabrication IMO.

I don't agree. I think demeanor has everything to do with it. Fisher was too easy, too much of a players coach from the beginning. It's one thing to develop that closeness with players over time but imo, they have to start out on the tough side. Not mean, not nasty, not yelling but they have to be demanding. Players have to respect them first, not like them. if they like playing for them that much, then they are too easy. They have to be a little bit afraid, a little bit worried. They start to like how it feels to succeed, to win. Then they appreciate the coach that gets the most out of them. That's how it works with most of the best coaches.
  • Henry VIII
    Rookie

by Henry VIII » 04 Jan 2017, 16:48

TBUX wrote:There are many examples of " players coaches" and hard nosed coaches having success. Fishers demeanor had nothing to do with it- people ASSUME there was no discipline- yet not one player says that. He does hold players accountable- some just assume he doesn't. He has coached a LONG time- if he were that laxed he wouldn't have coached that long. Many of those penalties are not a coaching error, but a player one. They all know what and what not to do- they practice it, they are told all the time about it- simply put- younger teams tend to foul up more than experienced ones. We have had new systems nearly every year and young teams- that is more the culprit than the HC not addressing it- which is a complete fabrication IMO.

You keep saying its time to move on and stop talking about Fisher but you just can't help yourself can you. Multiple Ram players have said there was little discipline on the team and that they should have been pushed harder. You're the only one assuming that somehow Fisher's demeanor and his leading by example was working, it wasn't, it didn't and it never did. Stop with all your BS.
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 04 Jan 2017, 19:07

So you think there is not discipline in Seat? cause they are near the worst every year. Hogwash. we have had young teams. inexperienced teams- not a coaching issue- Fisher had his issues- not addressing penalties is not one of them. Be real. Ask any player. Stop putting everything on him. You said when he left all would be better didn't you? it was worse!!! MUCH worse!!! why?????
  • NorCal RF
    Rookie

by NorCal RF » 04 Jan 2017, 19:30

Rampager66 wrote:
    NorCal RF wrote:
    So you are saying Bellicheck isn't "straddled" by the things you mentioned? Just asking.

I think Fisher was a bit " entrenched" don't you think after 20+ years as a HC as well as going into his 5th year with this team.

Other replies in this thread seem to suggest that those "straddled" issues shouldn't come into play.............

Fisher entrenched :lol: :lol: :lol:
    His team moved from a lame duck season in Missouri to Hollywood
    A turf stadium indoors to outdoors on grass

And It mattered ...alot.
    9 of their games and 6 of their 7 wins in 2015 were indoors and the 7 wins were also the only games they scored over 20 points... the Rams had 1 W in 7 outdoor games
    4 of Gurleys 5 100+ rushing games and most of his season rushing yards... indoors.

2016 the Rams had just 3 indoor games.. 1W @ Ari and L @ Det, and NO.
    Only 3 W from 13 outdoor games, 4 from 20 outdoor games over the last 2 seasons,
    During the fisher regime 11W 31L 1T... outdoors,
    before the relo, the Rams had 8 W outdoors in 4 years.
    And you take that team to an outdoor stadium and expect playoffs.

As I said there's no comparison because Belichek and every one else didn't go thru the same Shit.

No disrespect but what you have stated is one hell of a lot of excuses from where I sit.
    Dick84
    Bench Warmer

by Dick84 » 04 Jan 2017, 19:31

TBUX wrote:So you think there is not discipline in Seat? cause they are near the worst every year. Hogwash. we have had young teams. inexperienced teams- not a coaching issue- Fisher had his issues- not addressing penalties is not one of them. Be real. Ask any player. Stop putting everything on him. You said when he left all would be better didn't you? it was worse!!! MUCH worse!!! why?????

Dude..

Shut the fuck up.

The players and coaches left behind are talking about it... even Fassel.

Get a goddamned grip.
    Okay, okay, okay.... I'll stop being a dick.
    3-24-16
  • NorCal RF
    Rookie

by NorCal RF » 04 Jan 2017, 19:33

Henry VIII wrote:

You keep saying its time to move on and stop talking about Fisher but you just can't help yourself can you. Multiple Ram players have said there was little discipline on the team and that they should have been pushed harder. You're the only one assuming that somehow Fisher's demeanor and his leading by example was working, it wasn't, it didn't and it never did. Stop with all your BS.

Move on my friend. You know how he is with this stuff. He won't stop until someone agrees with him no matter if he is on the opinion island alone or not.
  • Henry VIII
    Rookie

by Henry VIII » 04 Jan 2017, 20:19

TBUX wrote:So you think there is not discipline in Seat? cause they are near the worst every year. Hogwash. we have had young teams. inexperienced teams- not a coaching issue- Fisher had his issues- not addressing penalties is not one of them. Be real. Ask any player. Stop putting everything on him. You said when he left all would be better didn't you? it was worse!!! MUCH worse!!! why?????

Its worse because of all the shitty players he drafted quit on this team halfway through the season and just phoned it in collecting a paycheck. Its 100% a coaching issue ask his ex-players almost man for man are saying so and to say otherwise is asinine.
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 05 Jan 2017, 06:56

so show some quotes of them saying Fisher lack of discipline was the reason. Please post it.
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 05 Jan 2017, 06:57

when he left things got worse actually- MUCH MUCH worse if you don't recall.
  • crazy-legs
    Bench Warmer

by crazy-legs » 05 Jan 2017, 07:29

"We just need to change the culture, man," Rams defensive end William Hayes said. "We have to create a winning culture around here. That’s what we’re lacking right now." - Otherwise Fisher was failing to get the team to believe in what he was doing...

"This isn’t the culture that you want to live in," offensive lineman Rodger Saffold added. "I’ve been here several years and still haven’t had a winning season. I know I’ve worked hard to deserve better." - Backing up what Hayes said...

"We need to do some things and get the culture changed, and with that comes higher standards and better players and more talent, and it just rolls. It just keeps going. It’s momentum, and I expect that to happen here.” - Otherwise the standards of what was expected was low...

"We just need to really have someone that can motivate us," sixth-year Rams tight end Lance Kendricks said. "...But we need someone to motivate us, and we need someone to be on our butts when we mess up. Whether it’s each other, whether it’s the coach. Whoever it is." - Otherwise the players were not being pushed...

"Fisher wasn't necessarily that guy. He was beloved in the locker room, partly because he wasn't really a disciplinarian". - hence why year after year we were close or at the top of penalties committed. Never any improvement or accountability...

"We changed the culture in the building, and then we won in the coming years with the same guys that were 1-11 the year before," Goff said. "And that’s kind of what I expect to happen here, as well. ... We want to put this behind us as quickly as possible and want people to understand that this is not what we’re about and the standard will be set higher.” - Otherwise they weren't held to a high standard...

"A lot of times you could see where it just seemed like we were on different pages," Brown said. "I don’t know if that’s being coached differently. How it’s being conveyed in each room, we don’t know. The big thing is we have to get back on the same page, because when we’re on the same page, we’re pretty damn good." One group not knowing what the other needs or so it seems...

TBUTT is that enough or do you need more (or perhaps reading glasses or perhaps you need to take an NFL 101 course or...)?
    Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...
  • Henry VIII
    Rookie

by Henry VIII » 05 Jan 2017, 07:49

crazy-legs wrote:"We just need to change the culture, man," Rams defensive end William Hayes said. "We have to create a winning culture around here. That’s what we’re lacking right now." - Otherwise Fisher was failing to get the team to believe in what he was doing...

"This isn’t the culture that you want to live in," offensive lineman Rodger Saffold added. "I’ve been here several years and still haven’t had a winning season. I know I’ve worked hard to deserve better." - Backing up what Hayes said...

"We need to do some things and get the culture changed, and with that comes higher standards and better players and more talent, and it just rolls. It just keeps going. It’s momentum, and I expect that to happen here.” - Otherwise the standards of what was expected was low...

"We just need to really have someone that can motivate us," sixth-year Rams tight end Lance Kendricks said. "...But we need someone to motivate us, and we need someone to be on our butts when we mess up. Whether it’s each other, whether it’s the coach. Whoever it is." - Otherwise the players were not being pushed...

"Fisher wasn't necessarily that guy. He was beloved in the locker room, partly because he wasn't really a disciplinarian". - hence why year after year we were close or at the top of penalties committed. Never any improvement or accountability...

"We changed the culture in the building, and then we won in the coming years with the same guys that were 1-11 the year before," Goff said. "And that’s kind of what I expect to happen here, as well. ... We want to put this behind us as quickly as possible and want people to understand that this is not what we’re about and the standard will be set higher.” - Otherwise they weren't held to a high standard...

"A lot of times you could see where it just seemed like we were on different pages," Brown said. "I don’t know if that’s being coached differently. How it’s being conveyed in each room, we don’t know. The big thing is we have to get back on the same page, because when we’re on the same page, we’re pretty damn good." One group not knowing what the other needs or so it seems...

TBUTT is that enough or do you need more (or perhaps reading glasses or perhaps you need to take an NFL 101 course or...)?

Calling TBUTT here little TBUTT come and get it. :lol: Helo my name is TBUTT hole and I don't want to talk about Fisher anymore, dude you are so pathetic! But you are good for a laugh.
  • NorCal RF
    Rookie

by NorCal RF » 05 Jan 2017, 08:02

TBUX wrote:when he left things got worse actually- MUCH MUCH worse if you don't recall.

TBUX I for one am going to try to make an effort to actually be civilized with you but man if you are pointing fingers at Fassel over the last 3 games well that is absolutely ridiculous. The mindset of this team leading into the last 3 games was the mindset that Fisher created period. Fassel wasnt changing anything the last 3 games including it did not get worse under his watch. Really unfair to indicate such.

Seriously you said you were moving on from Fisher. Then do such. The man is gone. 99% of the fan base is damn happy that he is, it's over and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to defend him anymore.
    harkin
    Rookie

by harkin » 05 Jan 2017, 08:40

Why make any attempt to understand a tool who posted this last month regarding Fisher's firing:

TBUX wrote:Henry- he is gone- get a new hobby buddy

He's either a world-class troll or a world-class idiot.....but does it really matter?
  • Henry VIII
    Rookie

by Henry VIII » 05 Jan 2017, 09:03

harkin wrote:.
    Why make any attempt to understand a tool who posted this last month regarding Fisher's firing:

TBUX wrote:Henry- he is gone- get a new hobby buddy

He's either a world-class troll or a world-class idiot.....but does it really matter?

Thats funny, telling me get a new hobby. I'm going with idoit, my guess Fisher was his hobby and now that he's gone his little TBUTT is hurt. :shock:
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 08 Jan 2017, 07:44

childish remarks- I could care less he is gone.

Nor- I was speaking of those that were saying once he was gone we would instantly be better. I am not criticizing Fassel- he had no chance, just making a point.
  • Henry VIII
    Rookie

by Henry VIII » 08 Jan 2017, 08:02

TBUX wrote:childish remarks- I could care less he is gone.

Nor- I was speaking of those that were saying once he was gone we would instantly be better. I am not criticizing Fassel- he had no chance, just making a point.

Ok what about you not answering the quotes from Ram players saying Fisher was not hard enough on them you can see there are plenty of them, did you miss that part. :roll:
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 08 Jan 2017, 08:07

SHow they quotes- many took from those vague quotes what they wanted to hear.
  • Henry VIII
    Rookie

by Henry VIII » 08 Jan 2017, 08:11

TBUX wrote:SHow they quotes- many took from those vague quotes what they wanted to hear.

Go read the OC Register you dumb ass. The only thing vague is your IQ !
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 08 Jan 2017, 08:15

I find it amusing when weak minded people have to immediately resort to name calling to try and get their point across!

read it my friend, not one person said " Fisher was a bad coach and too easy on us" not one.
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 08 Jan 2017, 08:21

But I did find this Henry- why don't you read what key players ACTUALLY said when he was fired!

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 63245.html
  • Henry VIII
    Rookie

by Henry VIII » 08 Jan 2017, 08:21

TBUX wrote:I find it amusing when weak minded people have to immediately resort to name calling to try and get their point across!

read it my friend, not one person said " Fisher was a bad coach and too easy on us" not one.

You are right not one, but multiple players on both sides of the ball all have said exactly that. You continue to be in denial of how bad Fisher was and now his players are saying so. Read it an weep, low information boy.
  • TBUX
    Bench Warmer

by TBUX » 08 Jan 2017, 08:23

Read what??? show me where they say he wasn't a good coach!! I showed you what they ACTUALLY said- in quotes- read the article and then apologize like a man.