With Gruden seemingly out- JM my top guy- heres why

General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Uplandram2

TBUX
Veteran
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:47 pm

"He's the best in the NFL," Brady said on an interview with WEEI's Kirk & Callahan Show (h/t Adam Kurkjian of the Boston Herald. "Great coaches get opportunities, and he's fortunate to be in a position where he should get them because he's earned it. I would hate to lose him.

Now I get how players are never gonna bash their coaches- I see that- but usually you can read between the lines on how player REALLY feel about their coaches on what they say. If he didn't think JM was a great coach- he would probably say something like " I like Josh- he has really helped my career and I wish him the best" something like that. I cannot find the last article about him where they talk about how he learned from his last sting away and why that helped him get better. Great article- I will search more for it- great read. Some look at what he did here and bash him for it- everyone who knows this team knows that team had ZERO chance at success that year. 4 1/2 weeks to learn his complex system- injuries to Sam, SJ, multiple Olinemen and 9 corners!! yes 9!! that wasn't on him. simply put, I think he has learned a ton since then from who I hate to say is the best HC in NFL history in my opinion- and has done nothing but kept this offense rolling, even when key players were out. Most first time coaches fail- he was young, brash and wasn't ready- I think now he will be very good. Anyone who has been around him talk about how smart he is. BB brought him back- even when they had success when he left- because he knew how good he was. ANd the best offense they ever had were under him. I think his next go around will be a successful one. BB himself wasn't successful his first try. Few are. Here is my other thought on JM

THe offense they run - HIS OFFENSE = is perfectly suited for Goff IMO- Who better to guide a young, pocket passer than JM? The offense they run is heavy shotgun- his comfort zone. None of us know if he has BRadys drive, intelligence etc- but no doubt he has talent. If JM evaluates him and thinks Goff can be that guy- I'm positive he can make him successful - and I think he would LOVE having Tavon and use him well. I do think Gruden is still the best choice out there- for a number of reasons, but I think JM is going to be a very good HC. HE is called BRILLIANT by almost everyone around him- and I think his next go around is going to be really good-= I PRAY he doesn't go to SF - not good for us. Everyone thinks he is bad because of his first stint- But I have listened to MANY Brady interviews- and read between the lines- and there is no doubt about what he thinks of him- I would LOVE JM here- don't get his time here twisted- look back at what ACTUALLY happened here. He is a VERY good choice as HC anywhere- but I think we may actually be a very good fit. JMO



SeminoleRam
Starter
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:40 am

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:03 pm

TBUX wrote:"He's the best in the NFL," Brady said on an interview with WEEI's Kirk & Callahan Show (h/t Adam Kurkjian of the Boston Herald. "Great coaches get opportunities, and he's fortunate to be in a position where he should get them because he's earned it. I would hate to lose him.

Now I get how players are never gonna bash their coaches- I see that- but usually you can read between the lines on how player REALLY feel about their coaches on what they say. If he didn't think JM was a great coach- he would probably say something like " I like Josh- he has really helped my career and I wish him the best" something like that. I cannot find the last article about him where they talk about how he learned from his last sting away and why that helped him get better. Great article- I will search more for it- great read. Some look at what he did here and bash him for it- everyone who knows this team knows that team had ZERO chance at success that year. 4 1/2 weeks to learn his complex system- injuries to Sam, SJ, multiple Olinemen and 9 corners!! yes 9!! that wasn't on him. simply put, I think he has learned a ton since then from who I hate to say is the best HC in NFL history in my opinion- and has done nothing but kept this offense rolling, even when key players were out. Most first time coaches fail- he was young, brash and wasn't ready- I think now he will be very good. Anyone who has been around him talk about how smart he is. BB brought him back- even when they had success when he left- because he knew how good he was. ANd the best offense they ever had were under him. I think his next go around will be a successful one. BB himself wasn't successful his first try. Few are. Here is my other thought on JM

THe offense they run - HIS OFFENSE = is perfectly suited for Goff IMO- Who better to guide a young, pocket passer than JM? The offense they run is heavy shotgun- his comfort zone. None of us know if he has BRadys drive, intelligence etc- but no doubt he has talent. If JM evaluates him and thinks Goff can be that guy- I'm positive he can make him successful - and I think he would LOVE having Tavon and use him well. I do think Gruden is still the best choice out there- for a number of reasons, but I think JM is going to be a very good HC. HE is called BRILLIANT by almost everyone around him- and I think his next go around is going to be really good-= I PRAY he doesn't go to SF - not good for us. Everyone thinks he is bad because of his first stint- But I have listened to MANY Brady interviews- and read between the lines- and there is no doubt about what he thinks of him- I would LOVE JM here- don't get his time here twisted- look back at what ACTUALLY happened here. He is a VERY good choice as HC anywhere- but I think we may actually be a very good fit. JMO
Great Post and Points TBUX! If the Rams end up with McDaniels I will feel much better thanks to you! As of now, My personal wish list ranking is:
1) Sean Payton (I know, It is NOT going to happen!)
2) Kyle Shanahan/And, Dad (Come on Broncos! Choose Joseph!)
3) Sean McVay (Even though he is young, I think he is going to be a really good NFL Head Coach!)
4) Josh McDaniels



TBUX
Veteran
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:06 pm

I am Gruden, JM, Shanahan

I am sour on Payton- explained why many times- but we could do worse. I really don't get all the love for him.



TBUX
Veteran
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:08 pm

Seminole I meant no disrespect with that post- you are in the majority with Payton- but as usual I am in the minority in that opinion. lol. I think if you give a good-great HC an QB like Brees- they are a perennial playoff team. 7-9 3 years straight with that kind of QB is troubling to me.



SeminoleRam
Starter
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:40 am

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:10 pm

TBUX wrote:I am Gruden, JM, Shanahan

I am sour on Payton- explained why many times- but we could do worse. I really don't get all the love for him.

What are your thoughts about McVay? Would you be terribly upset if the Rams select him?



TBUX
Veteran
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:14 pm

I'm not big on first time really young HCs. He did improve that offense each year, and I think he may be a good O mind, but HC is such a big jump from OC. I doubt he is ready for that. I don't think that is the right way to go. So no I don't want a first time, very young HC_ and the ONLY reason I am for Shanahan as my #3 choice is because his dad probably comes with as a consultant to help him with that HUGE transition. JMO



TBUX
Veteran
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:32 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2666 ... -his-spots

THis is article I was referring to. And I like when someone doesn't get it done first try- and you know they are going to be better the 2nd time. Too many signs that point to that. You know when he went back to NE_ that everything changed for him in regards to learning what he needed to do to be successful next time around. Betting he had MANY talks with BB about it, he payed attention more to things he probably didn't before etc.

I thought he was bad his first try= he was WAY too arrogant and that hurt him. I think that experience probably humbled him, and guys that smart learn from their mistakes. Think he is going to be REALLY good his next time. Really do.



User avatar
oregon ram
Starter
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:50 pm

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 pm

TBUX wrote:I'm not big on first time really young HCs. He did improve that offense each year, and I think he may be a good O mind, but HC is such a big jump from OC. I doubt he is ready for that. I don't think that is the right way to go. So no I don't want a first time, very young HC_ and the ONLY reason I am for Shanahan as my #3 choice is because his dad probably comes with as a consultant to help him with that HUGE transition. JMO


Mcvay is recommended by the Gruden brothers and his grandfather was with several teams, so he's been around the nfl his entire
life.

Imagine what he has learned and people he has gain experience from. You know don't until you hire the coach, so I hope we

hit it this time around. GO RAMS :R



TBUX
Veteran
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Well of course he is getting Gruden endorsements- that is expected- and I believe the guy knows offense- but HC is a whole other ball of wax and being that young- doubt he is ready. JMO



Henry VIII
Veteran
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:49 pm

TBUX wrote:"He's the best in the NFL," Brady said on an interview with WEEI's Kirk & Callahan Show (h/t Adam Kurkjian of the Boston Herald. "Great coaches get opportunities, and he's fortunate to be in a position where he should get them because he's earned it. I would hate to lose him.

Now I get how players are never gonna bash their coaches- I see that- but usually you can read between the lines on how player REALLY feel about their coaches on what they say. If he didn't think JM was a great coach- he would probably say something like " I like Josh- he has really helped my career and I wish him the best" something like that. I cannot find the last article about him where they talk about how he learned from his last sting away and why that helped him get better. Great article- I will search more for it- great read. Some look at what he did here and bash him for it- everyone who knows this team knows that team had ZERO chance at success that year. 4 1/2 weeks to learn his complex system- injuries to Sam, SJ, multiple Olinemen and 9 corners!! yes 9!! that wasn't on him. simply put, I think he has learned a ton since then from who I hate to say is the best HC in NFL history in my opinion- and has done nothing but kept this offense rolling, even when key players were out. Most first time coaches fail- he was young, brash and wasn't ready- I think now he will be very good. Anyone who has been around him talk about how smart he is. BB brought him back- even when they had success when he left- because he knew how good he was. ANd the best offense they ever had were under him. I think his next go around will be a successful one. BB himself wasn't successful his first try. Few are. Here is my other thought on JM

THe offense they run - HIS OFFENSE = is perfectly suited for Goff IMO- Who better to guide a young, pocket passer than JM? The offense they run is heavy shotgun- his comfort zone. None of us know if he has BRadys drive, intelligence etc- but no doubt he has talent. If JM evaluates him and thinks Goff can be that guy- I'm positive he can make him successful - and I think he would LOVE having Tavon and use him well. I do think Gruden is still the best choice out there- for a number of reasons, but I think JM is going to be a very good HC. HE is called BRILLIANT by almost everyone around him- and I think his next go around is going to be really good-= I PRAY he doesn't go to SF - not good for us. Everyone thinks he is bad because of his first stint- But I have listened to MANY Brady interviews- and read between the lines- and there is no doubt about what he thinks of him- I would LOVE JM here- don't get his time here twisted- look back at what ACTUALLY happened here. He is a VERY good choice as HC anywhere- but I think we may actually be a very good fit. JMO
I'm at a lost here because you say that you can read between the lines, what Brady is saying about his coach but you can't do the same when it comes to the multiple Ram players who have said negative things about Fisher. Like GRob when he said that he's ready to work hard now and hopes the new coach pushes him harder. Can you tell me what he is saying between the lines because it sounds to me that Fisher really didn't do a good job coaching him up. Please help me understand what he is really saying. :roll: :lol:


Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.

User avatar
Wildflecken
Veteran
Posts: 1301
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:07 am

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:58 am

Great Post TBUX. As you know McD has been my top choice for a while. Especially if Rams could convince Matt P to take the DC position possibly with an assistant HC title added? Many appear to favor Shanahan but I also believe McD's previous experience will serve him well in his next shot.

A Matt P hire as the HC is also rising on my wish list. Need to know his plan on the offensive side of the ball, but this much is certain, Rams would never enter a contest underprepared.

The large looming question on any of the offensive candidates, how strongly do they feel about Goff having the ability to be the franchise quarterback and what is Rams managements take in this regard. Are they looking for a candidate sold on Goff or are they open to moving forward with all options on the table?

NOTE: If for some inane reason Houston actually did move on from Bill O'Brien, he would jettison to my top choice over any of the candidates, especially if Romeo C was part of the package that came along



RamontheRamfan
Starter
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:12 am

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:46 am

TBUX, agree on JM as I have stated in my post on this subject. He to me is the guy who can translate best to Goffs strengths. Goff is in the mold of Brady when it comes to body type, quick release and pocket presence.
I got destroyed for comparing Goff to Brady and by no means am I doing that when it comes to performance. BUt I do believe that JM can run teh scheme with him that he does with Brady which gives the best chance of getting the most out of Goff.
Once you have the scheme then all we need is the players around him which will take time to build.

Second choice for me now that Payton is out is Mcvay. I like what I have read and think a young gun rather then normal older retreads is a potentially great move by the Rams. Would hate to see him coaching Arizona in 2 years and everyone singing his praises.



NorCal RF
Veteran
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:00 am

Sorry TBUX you can't state " reading between the lines" in an attempt to solidify your point while in other threads using that exact same thing to dismiss what others are saying in other threads simply because you don't agree.

I'm fine with your thread even though McDaniels would be at the bottom of my list. It's just you stating you are " reading between the lines" to define what Brady is thinking is simply BS. Then don't knock what others have stated about what Ram's players felt after the last game in regards to " Club Med" simply because it doesn't fit your agenda.



crazy-legs
Veteran
Posts: 1435
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:49 am

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:11 am

Tim Tebow...

That's what worries me in regards to JM. I wish we'd hire a GM and let the GM hire the coach. I don't care for a HC with total control like Fisher had. If Josh is given total control will he pull another Tim Tebow or did he learn from his mistake? That's the million dollar question IMO. How would he go about building up the team...

With that said I doubt it would take him that long to sour on Goff if Goff doesn't make a major leap in year 2. He doesn't seem like the type of coach who will be patience like Fisher was with Robinson and a host of other players...


Judge our new coach in his third year. After all our last coach was to game strategy what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles...

TBUX
Veteran
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:01 pm

NorCal RF wrote:Sorry TBUX you can't state " reading between the lines" in an attempt to solidify your point while in other threads using that exact same thing to dismiss what others are saying in other threads simply because you don't agree.

I'm fine with your thread even though McDaniels would be at the bottom of my list. It's just you stating you are " reading between the lines" to define what Brady is thinking is simply BS. Then don't knock what others have stated about what Ram's players felt after the last game in regards to " Club Med" simply because it doesn't fit your agenda.


I didn't state what I said as facts- It is my opinion- some have theirs- and agreeing and disagreeing is what happens on these sites because most of what is being said is opinions. I am allowed to knock others opinions I don't agree with just as you are allowed (and have) knocked mine. All good- so stop trying to tell me and anyone else how they should think and act- don't be the board monitor- they are annoying.

and I posted EXACTLY what the players said- not try to interpret what they said like some did. Donald, Gurley, Goff, and Saffold= all were on the same page about him and had OBVIOUS respect for Fisher.



RamFanFor55
Veteran
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:30 am

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:58 pm

Henry VIII wrote: I'm at a lost here because you say that you can read between the lines, what Brady is saying about his coach but you can't do the same when it comes to the multiple Ram players who have said negative things about Fisher. Like GRob when he said that he's ready to work hard now and hopes the new coach pushes him harder. Can you tell me what he is saying between the lines because it sounds to me that Fisher really didn't do a good job coaching him up. Please help me understand what he is really saying. :roll: :lol:
Now I'M at a loss about why it's hard to understand why a guy making a couple million bucks a year--as much as a REAL working stiff makes in a lifetime--to play a KID'S game, has to have a coach who will "push him harder." Donald doesn't need a coach to "push him harder" because he has half a brain and a work ethic that turns a physical gift into consistently outstanding performance. GRob has neither, and Vince Lombardi could come back from the grave and not be able to "push" that bust hard enough to make a decent player out of him.

It's NOT Fisher's job (any HC's job) to coach up individual players anyway, it is the position coach first, then the coordinator. Can the HC help? Sure, but his job is to run the team, not pretty-please some lame-brained slacker.

And I missed all the individual players' criticisms of Fisher. As I recall, they loved him, called him "cool." Yep, "cool," but--at least for the last ten years--not much of a coach. I'll be delighted with an UNcool HC who can get a team into the playoffs. And a GM with the brains to get him the players to do it, which the Rams sorely lack now.



RamFanFor55
Veteran
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:30 am

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Henry VIII wrote: I'm at a lost here because you say that you can read between the lines, what Brady is saying about his coach but you can't do the same when it comes to the multiple Ram players who have said negative things about Fisher. Like GRob when he said that he's ready to work hard now and hopes the new coach pushes him harder. Can you tell me what he is saying between the lines because it sounds to me that Fisher really didn't do a good job coaching him up. Please help me understand what he is really saying. :roll: :lol:
Now I'M at a loss about why it's hard to understand why a guy making a couple million bucks a year--as much as a REAL working stiff makes in a lifetime--to play a KID'S game, has to have a coach who will "push him harder." Donald doesn't need a coach to "push him harder" because he has half a brain and a work ethic that turns a physical gift into consistently outstanding performance. GRob has neither, and Vince Lombardi could come back from the grave and not be able to "push" that bust hard enough to make a decent player out of him.

It's NOT Fisher's job (any HC's job) to coach up individual players anyway, it is the position coach first, then the coordinator. Can the HC help? Sure, but his job is to run the team, not pretty-please some lame-brained slacker.

And I missed all the individual players' criticisms of Fisher. As I recall, they loved him, called him "cool." Yep, "cool," but--at least for the last ten years--not much of a coach. I'll be delighted with an UNcool HC who can get a team into the playoffs. And a GM with the brains to get him the players to do it, which the Rams sorely lack now.



User avatar
UplandRam
Site Admin
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:19 am
Location: Glendora, CA

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:10 pm

JOSH MCDANIELS OVERWHELMING FAVORITE FOR NEXT RAMS HEAD COACH

http://www.sportsline.com/insiders/2575 ... ead-coach/



Fletch59
Veteran
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:20 am
Location: st. Albans wv

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Color me surprised! Lol not convinced it's him or if he's even the best choice, to tell the truth I just don't know.


GO RAMS!

TBUX
Veteran
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:32 pm

RamFanFor55 wrote:
Henry VIII wrote: I'm at a lost here because you say that you can read between the lines, what Brady is saying about his coach but you can't do the same when it comes to the multiple Ram players who have said negative things about Fisher. Like GRob when he said that he's ready to work hard now and hopes the new coach pushes him harder. Can you tell me what he is saying between the lines because it sounds to me that Fisher really didn't do a good job coaching him up. Please help me understand what he is really saying. :roll: :lol:
Now I'M at a loss about why it's hard to understand why a guy making a couple million bucks a year--as much as a REAL working stiff makes in a lifetime--to play a KID'S game, has to have a coach who will "push him harder." Donald doesn't need a coach to "push him harder" because he has half a brain and a work ethic that turns a physical gift into consistently outstanding performance. GRob has neither, and Vince Lombardi could come back from the grave and not be able to "push" that bust hard enough to make a decent player out of him.

It's NOT Fisher's job (any HC's job) to coach up individual players anyway, it is the position coach first, then the coordinator. Can the HC help? Sure, but his job is to run the team, not pretty-please some lame-brained slacker.

And I missed all the individual players' criticisms of Fisher. As I recall, they loved him, called him "cool." Yep, "cool," but--at least for the last ten years--not much of a coach. I'll be delighted with an UNcool HC who can get a team into the playoffs. And a GM with the brains to get him the players to do it, which the Rams sorely lack now.

Could not have said it better- so spot on!!! great post.



Henry VIII
Veteran
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:39 pm

RamFanFor55 wrote:
Henry VIII wrote: I'm at a lost here because you say that you can read between the lines, what Brady is saying about his coach but you can't do the same when it comes to the multiple Ram players who have said negative things about Fisher. Like GRob when he said that he's ready to work hard now and hopes the new coach pushes him harder. Can you tell me what he is saying between the lines because it sounds to me that Fisher really didn't do a good job coaching him up. Please help me understand what he is really saying. :roll: :lol:
Now I'M at a loss about why it's hard to understand why a guy making a couple million bucks a year--as much as a REAL working stiff makes in a lifetime--to play a KID'S game, has to have a coach who will "push him harder." Donald doesn't need a coach to "push him harder" because he has half a brain and a work ethic that turns a physical gift into consistently outstanding performance. GRob has neither, and Vince Lombardi could come back from the grave and not be able to "push" that bust hard enough to make a decent player out of him.

It's NOT Fisher's job (any HC's job) to coach up individual players anyway, it is the position coach first, then the coordinator. Can the HC help? Sure, but his job is to run the team, not pretty-please some lame-brained slacker.

And I missed all the individual players' criticisms of Fisher. As I recall, they loved him, called him "cool." Yep, "cool," but--at least for the last ten years--not much of a coach. I'll be delighted with an UNcool HC who can get a team into the playoffs. And a GM with the brains to get him the players to do it, which the Rams sorely lack now.
You probably should read the exit interviews and some of the quotes from the Orange County Register made by some of the Rams. Grob obviously thinks its the Head Coaches job to push him harder because he said so, plus Kendricks said some Cool things about Fisher too and there were plenty more. And Its absolutely the Head Coaches job to get his coaches and players to perform and if they don't you make changes or adjustments and Mr. Cool rarely did either. I don't want a Cool coach or even someone that's loved by his players. Give me Parcells, Belichick, Jim Harbough any day, not my Cool friend from school that I use to ditch school with. :roll:


Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.

TBUX
Veteran
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:43 pm

such nonsense Henry- notice the guys you quote= Grob and Kendricks- 2 of our worse players- why didn't you comment on what the good players said about Fisher????? wonder why?? If you NEED a coach to get you motivated- you are a crap player- period. Also not what he said- and you are paraphrasing with your words. Most had a ton of respect for Fisher- and the way he coached them.



TBUX
Veteran
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:45 pm

And what do you call Grob being benched and inactive twice this year?? when healthy? what do you call Kendricks reduction in PT? wonder why they were a bit sour? yet the better players all praised him?



Henry VIII
Veteran
Posts: 1172
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:51 pm

TBUX wrote:And what do you call Grob being benched and inactive twice this year?? when healthy? what do you call Kendricks reduction in PT? wonder why they were a bit sour? yet the better players all praised him?
Yes and they showered him with praises as the door hit him ass on the way out and to a 4-12 record.


Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.

User avatar
Commish
Veteran
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:07 pm

TBUX wrote:such nonsense Henry- notice the guys you quote= Grob and Kendricks- 2 of our worse players- why didn't you comment on what the good players said about Fisher????? wonder why?? If you NEED a coach to get you motivated- you are a crap player- period. Also not what he said- and you are paraphrasing with your words. Most had a ton of respect for Fisher- and the way he coached them.
That may be what they said, but it's hardly what at least 80% of them SHOWED on the NFL gridiron this year, was it? If they truly desired to have Jeff Fisher remain as their head coach, why didn't his players perform more successfully for him then? If the team had been 9-4 rather than 4-9 after thirteen games, do you believe that Fisher would've then been terminated from his head-coaching position with our team?

So his players having "a ton of respect for Fisher- and the way he coached them." that resulted in the Rams being outscored by 45-117 in their final three contests under his coaching leadership, hmmmm? I certainly hope that the Good Guys will NEVER again have a head coach which they "respect" in such a gutless, humiliating manner on the football field.

I'd venture that the majority of pro football players, them being mostly males in their twenties, are indeed somewhat immature and irresponsible, no matter what their physical abilities and how much they're being paid for their services. Someone like Aaron Donald, who strikes me as being highly self-motivated, is the exception to the general pattern, I'd venture, which is why he had another Pro Bowl year this past season even as the overall team collapsed around him.

There are various ways that an NFL head coach can be a strong motivator of his players, but AFAIC a significant majority of them do require external motivation to perform effectively on a consistent basis, something which Fisher's laid-back, undisciplined 'country club' approach failed to provide for our team's players--a truth which was demonstrated by their game-day performances.

"Actions speak louder than words..." :? :) :!:

RAM POWER!!

--The Commish
Last edited by Commish on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.


McCOY: "Do you think that's all they ever had?"
KIRK: "No, but it's all they had left."

Post Reply