OJ Howard Is Why I Want Our First Round Pick Back

General Discussion Forum
Wildflecken

OJ Howard Is Why I Want Our First Round Pick Back

Postby Wildflecken » 10 Jan 2017, 12:16

Really high on this kid. Think he will be a game changer at next level. Of course have no idea who Rams are bringing in to coach the offense but think this kid fits in any scheme.

NN1Badboy

Re: OJ Howard Is Why I Want Our First Round Pick Back

Postby NN1Badboy » 10 Jan 2017, 12:27

I like him as well. Mike Williams also looked very good last night. I'd take either of them if they fall into the second

SK Ram

Postby SK Ram » 10 Jan 2017, 12:45

Wildflecken wrote:Really high on this kid. Think he will be a game changer at next level. Of course have no idea who Rams are bringing in to coach the offense but think this kid fits in any scheme.

Kendricks was very good in college also. Where is he now? Not so great.

Massimo

Postby Massimo » 10 Jan 2017, 13:08

SK Ram wrote:
Wildflecken wrote:Really high on this kid. Think he will be a game changer at next level. Of course have no idea who Rams are bringing in to coach the offense but think this kid fits in any scheme.

Kendricks was very good in college also. Where is he now? Not so great.

Not really. Kendricks was an ok player at Wisconsin, but a total reach in 2nd Rd, especially over the much needed Randal Cobb.

Ram Man

Postby Ram Man » 10 Jan 2017, 13:36

Howard won't go Top 5....and no way does he get picked before Williams, who the Rams would need much more. Face it, this team is snake-bit with high picks. They bust when they have them (Bradford, Robinson, Smith), bust when they go up to get them (Tavon, Goff???) and become All-Pros when they pass on them (Ryan, Mack, Evans and too many others to count).

Wildflecken

Postby Wildflecken » 10 Jan 2017, 16:00

Ram Man wrote:Howard won't go Top 5....and no way does he get picked before Williams, who the Rams would need much more. Face it, this team is snake-bit with high picks. They bust when they have them (Bradford, Robinson, Smith), bust when they go up to get them (Tavon, Goff???) and become All-Pros when they pass on them (Ryan, Mack, Evans and too many others to count).

That my friend depends on who is the next HC. Personally I am a fan of NE's two and three TE system, the ability to go power (Gurley runs best from the I formation) and the ability to plug a 6th olineman into the packages based on down, distance and scenario.

Kindablue

Postby Kindablue » 10 Jan 2017, 16:13

Wildflecken wrote:
Ram Man wrote:Howard won't go Top 5....and no way does he get picked before Williams, who the Rams would need much more. Face it, this team is snake-bit with high picks. They bust when they have them (Bradford, Robinson, Smith), bust when they go up to get them (Tavon, Goff???) and become All-Pros when they pass on them (Ryan, Mack, Evans and too many others to count).

That my friend depends on who is the next HC. Personally I am a fan of NE's two and three TE system, the ability to go power (Gurley runs best from the I formation) and the ability to plug a 6th olineman into the packages based on down, distance and scenario.

That's what I expected when they brought in Higbee and Hemingway.
I don't understand why it didn't happen

poplarbluffman

Postby poplarbluffman » 10 Jan 2017, 16:23

Kindablue wrote:
Wildflecken wrote:

That's what I expected when they brought in Higbee and Hemingway.
I don't understand why it didn't happen

+1
think it was because Fisher was loyal to his vets..Kendricks and Higbee isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. expect Higbee might be much better in his 2nd year

Ants

Postby Ants » 11 Jan 2017, 07:50

No way you draft a TE in the 1st round...unless it's late in the round. Might as well just draft a OG.
Now, if you're just 1 player away from being solid in all aspects of the game, maybe.
Anyway, Higbee should be "that guy".

...and spare me the "well, if the guy turns out to be All-Pro" crap. IF, IF, IF.
Any guy you draft highly brings the hopes of being All-Pro.

Safety Blitz is to this forum what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles

Massimo

Re: umm or for a real QB or LT..

Postby Massimo » 11 Jan 2017, 09:46

Rams could kinda use a real QB or LT with the 5th pick. Oh or WR, CB, G, C, LB, S, hahaha, this team is the worst.

Return to “Rams Talk - Open Discussion”